Author Topic: dShares Name discussion  (Read 16432 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Riverhead

How about "Liquid"
+1

'Liquid' is nice.  It signifies fluidity. 

But perhaps it needs a simple name to convey the concept of shares in a co-operative, pricefeed-less market-based peg and an interest-paying instrument backed by tx fees.
That's a lot to ask of a name.

Offline Pheonike

Consortia
Consortium
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 09:13:53 am by Pheonike »

Offline emailtooaj

How about Flipuid
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
How about "Liquid"
+1

'Liquid' is nice.  It signifies fluidity. 

But perhaps it needs a simple name to convey the concept of shares in a co-operative, pricefeed-less market-based peg and an interest-paying instrument backed by tx fees.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:54:58 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
How about "Liquid"
+1

I like it too but I think a synonym will be a better choice for international users... what about...

serous

Offline Tuck Fheman

Link to dShares forum?
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I mean apple and half eaten apple as a logo (I know what the half-eaten apple probably refers to, but 99.9 of the customers do not) worked well enough.

Does it have to do with Alan Turing?

I believe so. Yes.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

I mean apple and half eaten apple as a logo (I know what the half-eaten apple probably refers to, but 99.9 of the customers do not) worked well enough.

Does it have to do with Alan Turing?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
 "Celerity Sagacity of Desiderata"  (CSD)

or

Orange...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 03:22:03 am by tonyk »

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

How about "Liquid"

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I don't think that you have considered all of the consequences. At a bare minimum a forked chain in an "overlapping market" will be competing for readily available capital.

I also think it likely that some BTS hodlers will sell in order to buy more stake in the forked chain's crowdfunder. The downward pressure on BTS will be substantial. Tonyk is proposing that the "dshares" be priced at 1/7 BTS.   BTS dumpers will be expecting a dshares pump.They will want to get 7 times the number of "dshares" as they sell BTS and then hope that they can sell some of these dshares at a quick profit in terms of DOGE or whatever.

If Tonyk had the leadership ability and personality to be a successful team or business leader then he would continue, and be able, to garner support for the changes he wants  within the BitShares consensus mechanism. But he does not. He does not have that kind of ability or personality. His considerable strenghts lie elsewhere. So he is instead attempts a very divisive fork at a time when we should be pulling together as a community which is on the verge of major innovation and progress.

Frustrated ego appears to have gotten the best of him.
Or has tonyk come up with some new consensus mechanism more to his liking to enable in this fork of his?

Let us not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory people.

WOW... That dangerous/destructive?

If I was not absolutly positive you are angry as hell, I would have asked -"Which victory exactly ( that is  just an arms away) do you mean?"

PS
btw New chain never was, and still is not the goal.  If I had my choice.

PSS
and my god
 "selling out of BTS"... by buying BTS products (bitUSD)????...
I will call this a "clear intend to hurt BTS", but sure the next fork will offer you pure gold delivered to BTS holders... 70 cent on a dollar, for every coin they do not drop on BTS.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:25:24 am by tonyk »