Author Topic: Why is BTS not available on Shapeshift.io?  (Read 6578 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
So is it ok to purchase BTS on blocktrades.us now?  Or does blocktrades have to upgrade to the new fork?  ie. Current release Bitshares 2.0.160223.
Go ahead. the whole network has upgrade by now

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
So is it ok to purchase BTS on blocktrades.us now?  Or does blocktrades have to upgrade to the new fork?  ie. Current release Bitshares 2.0.160223.
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
does point #1 mean they first need to hire more people before putting in some effort to re-incorporate BTS? and does point #2 refer to them accumulating BTS and intending to use it to vote for our workers?
#1, that was not my impression. IIRC they said they are in testing already
#2, they do have stake in an account .. that account can be used for voting. To run such a service reliably, they NEED to have some stake .. and of course it is their freedom to invest into BitShares (what else would they choose :P)

lol yes, of course, what else would they invest in!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
does point #1 mean they first need to hire more people before putting in some effort to re-incorporate BTS? and does point #2 refer to them accumulating BTS and intending to use it to vote for our workers?
#1, that was not my impression. IIRC they said they are in testing already
#2, they do have stake in an account .. that account can be used for voting. To run such a service reliably, they NEED to have some stake .. and of course it is their freedom to invest into BitShares (what else would they choose :P)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
FYI, I have had a talk with Brock Samson of ShapeShift:
 - they are currently stocking up in human resources
 - they are looking into voting. either they dedicate more time on their end to contribute more in the governance process

cheers!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
FYI, I have had a talk with Brock Samson of ShapeShift:
 - they are currently stocking up in human resources
 - they are looking into voting. either they dedicate more time on their end to contribute more in the governance process

cheers!

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Sorry for the newb questions, but how does voting work? do i get a vote per BTS in my account? are only BTS weighted, or BTS-equivalent value of my account, bc i do a fair amount of trading and have maybe 1/3-1/2 of my account value locked up in open orders and inventory of smartcoins/assets at any given time.

also, say i allocate all of my voting power (in BTS terms, assuming that's how it works) to one proposal now, when do i get to change that and consider different allocations in future?

You always vote with all of the BTS in your account. Other assets and BTS locked in market orders don't count.
You can vote for as many workers/witnesses/committee members as you like. You can also vote against workers.
You can change your vote anytime, but the votes are counted only once per hour (or so).

thanks! seems like a mistake not to weigh total account value, just BTS, for voting. That penalizes those of us who trade actively and invest in smartcoins/assets.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Sorry for the newb questions, but how does voting work? do i get a vote per BTS in my account? are only BTS weighted, or BTS-equivalent value of my account, bc i do a fair amount of trading and have maybe 1/3-1/2 of my account value locked up in open orders and inventory of smartcoins/assets at any given time.

also, say i allocate all of my voting power (in BTS terms, assuming that's how it works) to one proposal now, when do i get to change that and consider different allocations in future?

You always vote with all of the BTS in your account. Other assets and BTS locked in market orders don't count.
You can vote for as many workers/witnesses/committee members as you like. You can also vote against workers.
You can change your vote anytime, but the votes are counted only once per hour (or so).
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Ever worker has a description that should contain a link to the actual worker proposal. You can see them from the Voting tab in your accounts page.
If reading those proposals costs you too much time you could alternatively also set a proxy that votes on your behalf but has no access to your account or funds.
Any other account cant be used as proxy so you could choose bytemaster, or jonnybitcoin or me, its totally up to you

any other details you can give me on voting would be appreciated. i like the work you've been doing, so may just proxy over to you or one of the other active people. What i'm most interested in funding is the development of a bond market. Is there anyone currently talking about that and willing to work on it?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I did nothing besides asking them via a skype group. THEY did the actual implementation etc ...

modesty gets you nowhere :)
Yhea .. I should put everything I do into a new thread .. that might bring me the exposure I need to get my workers approved ;)

Still learning how to do the marketing side of things

ok i'm a little ashamed to say this, but i've never voted on worker proposals. sorry, i've never been enamored with democracy. How can i start?
Ever worker has a description that should contain a link to the actual worker proposal. You can see them from the Voting tab in your accounts page.
If reading those proposals costs you too much time you could alternatively also set a proxy that votes on your behalf but has no access to your account or funds.
Any other account cant be used as proxy so you could choose bytemaster, or jonnybitcoin or me, its totally up to you

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I did nothing besides asking them via a skype group. THEY did the actual implementation etc ...

Yhea .. I should put everything I do into a new thread .. that might bring me the exposure I need to get my workers approved ;)

ok i'm a little ashamed to say this, but i've never voted on worker proposals. sorry, i've never been enamored with democracy. How can i start?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Great news:
[9:49:59 AM] Fabian <xeroc> Schuh: Hello there, I am pinging you here just to get your feedback. It seems you are having some trouble integrating with the new BTS2 API. How can we be of assistance here? What is giving you trouble? Are you still interested in offering a shift for BTS assets?
[9:51:04 AM] jonisjon: Hi Fabian - yes we had some issues after the last hard fork and just need to do some internal testing before we turn BTS back on
[9:51:19 AM] jonisjon: should hopefully be this week
[9:51:36 AM] Fabian <xeroc> Schuh: So you are all good to go?
[9:51:46 AM] jonisjon: i THINK so (like i said we need to do some testing first)
[9:52:04 AM] Fabian <xeroc> Schuh: That's great news ... was expecting that you are having api troubles ..
[9:52:11 AM] Fabian <xeroc> Schuh: (y)
[9:52:24 AM] Fabian <xeroc> Schuh: Just don't hesitate to drop me a line if you run into ANY issues
[9:52:31 AM] jonisjon: yea sorry for the delay! we had a bunch of daemons act up on us at once and that always causes a backlog :(
[9:52:54 AM] Fabian <xeroc> Schuh: no need to apologize ..
[9:52:59 AM] Fabian <xeroc> Schuh: it's great to have you on board!
[9:53:09 AM] jonisjon: for sure, we will notify you once BTS is active again
[9:53:33 AM] Fabian <xeroc> Schuh: (y)

TL;DR;: They are going into testing this week!

+5% +5% +5%

you are awesome, good sir!