Author Topic: Let's try to get @bitshares on twitter  (Read 16709 times)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Who owns BitShares account name on Bitcointalk.org ?

That's maybe a really really important marketing asset for us . Prepare yourself for a couple thousand bucks ! We will have a worker to pay for the account name .

Who owns BitShares account name on Wechat Public platform (the most crowd social tool on earth) ? Prepare yourself for a couple thousand bucks ! We will have a worker to pay for the account name .

hell , next thing we know , people would start to register all kinds of BitShares name on every major social networking tool (even dating site!) and wait to be brought by this community .

Nice marketing .

Twitter and FB are the most important social media accounts, we should control them as big brands do.  Your sarcasm isn't helpful.
 I understand the power of twitter and FB well. One day of dilution isn't much to pay in the grand scheme of things. And the if we become big one day it will be even harder to get them then.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Next thing we know , people would start buying subway AD space on major city upfront and ask to be refunded by worker dilution , because people would by shy to vocal against it for all his contribution and the financial risk he was taken upfront .

That will be an amazing marketing change .

@tonyk   what do you say

+5% +5%

The network owning it's own naming assets is really so terrible? This i fundamental to any business DAC or centralized.

On the other hand.. there are other ways to recover the funds, it just might take a lot more work and time potentially... if he used the refer program and got paid on the refers sent to the network, i would take roughly referring 33 lifetime members to recover the funds. Who knows, at that point maybe he will just continue with it because its a good investment.

There are a few ways to skin this cat, but the worker is clear, simple, and lets the voters decide how they want to manage the brand. Trolling commentaries with anything to do with Workers these days seems inevitable. It's tired, old, and has been shown to be a pointless irrational argument in comparison to every other virtual currency that is excelling in market cap with higher spending that for them is completely out of control. While we are in control.

@JonnyBitcoin initiative to take action and secure our brand for the community is great. You think all your scenarios are going to come to pass then you better get to it and start getting all those spaces. Sounds like a great investment!

It's funny .

https://twitter.com/ethereumproject 
https://twitter.com/ethereum

If a Ethereum marketing is paying 3000 USD to buy a twitter account name , which one you think he would buy , and why ?

The exact same name is not the asset on twitter . The count of the follower is .
If one account has more follower than the others , regardless of what name it is , it will be enough to do marketing .

It is funny.

Care to share how much they are spending on all the other marketing and mining while you are at it? Lets compare apples to apples.

This is after all just more dilution boogieman rhetoric.

You don't know what I mean ?
I mean twitter marketing is not done by the exact same account name , and as far as I know , that's not how twitter works .

For 2 years , with tons of budget , no one in I3 even dare to spend 3000 USD budget on a twitter account name because they too know that's not how it works .

And now you tell me with a exact same account name , bitshares can be marketed ?
That's the same thing as saying I3 didn't do any marketing at all .
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:43:49 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Who owns BitShares account name on Bitcointalk.org ?

That's maybe a really really important marketing asset for us . Prepare yourself for a couple thousand bucks ! We will have a worker to pay for the account name .

Who owns BitShares account name on Wechat Public platform (the most crowd social tool on earth) ? Prepare yourself for a couple thousand bucks ! We will have a worker to pay for the account name .

hell , next thing we know , people would start to register all kinds of BitShares name on every major social networking tool (even dating site!) and wait to be brought by this community .

Nice marketing .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Next thing we know , people would start buying subway AD space on major city upfront and ask to be refunded by worker dilution , because people would by shy to vocal against it for all his contribution and the financial risk he was taken upfront .

@tonyk   what do you say

+5% +5%

The network owning it's own naming assets is really so terrible? This i fundamental to any business DAC or centralized.

On the other hand.. there are other ways to recover the funds, it just might take a lot more work and time potentially... if he used the refer program and got paid on the refers sent to the network, i would take roughly referring 33 lifetime members to recover the funds. Who knows, at that point maybe he will just continue with it because its a good investment.

There are a few ways to skin this cat, but the worker is clear, simple, and lets the voters decide how they want to manage the brand. Trolling commentaries with anything to do with Workers these days seems inevitable. It's tired, old, and has been shown to be a pointless irrational argument in comparison to every other virtual currency that is excelling in market cap with higher spending that for them is completely out of control. While we are in control.

@JonnyBitcoin initiative to take action and secure our brand for the community is great. You think all your scenarios are going to come to pass then you better get to it and start getting all those spaces. Sounds like a great investment!

It's funny .

If a Ethereum marketing is paying 3000 USD to buy a twitter account name , which one you think he would buy , and why ?

The exact same name is not the asset on twitter . The count of the follower is .
If one account has more follower than the others , regardless of what name it is , it will be enough to do marketing .

It is funny.

Care to share how much they are spending on all the other marketing and mining while you are at it? Lets compare apples to apples.

This is after all just more dilution boogieman rhetoric.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

@tonyk   what do you say

+5% +5%

It's funny .

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
@xeroc @Stan @bytemaster  @cylonmaker2053 @Fox @DestBest @Chris4210

As with dailydecrypt sponsorship I got frustrated with no progress and have gone ahead and just done it.

I have purchased these twitter and fb handles for the community because it needed to be done.

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshare

I paid $2800 for the both of them and expect the community to pay me back for them in full. (can forward email correspondence to prove sale to me)
I think a worker proposal is the best way to collect the funds for this but am not competent enough with CLI client to create one myself.

Could @xeroc or another trusted community member create a worker proposal to cover this $2800 and I will hand over these accounts to the commitee.
Alternatively If cryptonomex wants to send it to me directly that would be easier.

PS I need to wait a week before I change the graphics on the fb page.

How much did you personally end up contributing to TheDailyDecrypt sponsorship? (that you didn't get reimbursed for by other donors?)

All financial costs for the daily decrypt were covered by you, openledger and the community.
I made it happen though by paying upfront with my own money and organising it all like I am doing again.
I have personally contributed at least 6 hours of my own time back with emails and then cleaning up the accounts so they don't follow spam accounts etc.
If the worker thing doesn't get voted in, you could always reimburse yourself through referral links on those social media accounts.
Perhaps this is a better idea. Run it by yourself, or someone who have a solid plan.

Technically I didn't figure out how the Committee "own" a facebook account or a tweeter account.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

@tonyk   what do you say

+5% +5%

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline CalabiYau

Why not use bitshares_official instead of giving 3k usd to a random guy?

It's called good marketing.

See above. Old owner was using it for bitcoin stuff, was embarrassing.
Bitshares marketing has been historically very poor, we need to up our game and come across as professional.

Agree, thank you for this initiative  +5%

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

@tonyk   what do you say

+5% +5%

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Yeah, nevermind :P

Somehow missed his post earlier..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Bitshares marketing has been historically very poor, we need to up our game and come across as professional.

Absolutely. Our marketing needs to improve, we can all do a little bit!

@xeroc would it be possible to mail twitter from postmaster@bitshares.org?
I hear JonnyBitcoin bought the bitshares handle, so I don't see why I should write a mail to twitter?!

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

As with dailydecrypt sponsorship I got frustrated with no progress and have gone ahead and just done it.

I have purchased these twitter and fb handles for the community because it needed to be done.

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshare

I paid $2800 for the both of them and expect the community to pay me back for them in full. (can forward email correspondence to prove sale to me)
I think a worker proposal is the best way to collect the funds for this but am not competent enough with CLI client to create one myself.

Could @xeroc or another trusted community member create a worker proposal to cover this $2800 and I will hand over these accounts to the commitee.
Alternatively If cryptonomex wants to send it to me directly that would be easier.

How much did you personally end up contributing to TheDailyDecrypt sponsorship? (that you didn't get reimbursed for by other donors?)

All financial costs for the daily decrypt were covered by you, openledger and the community.
I made it happen though by paying upfront with my own money and organising it all like I am doing again.
I have personally contributed at least 6 hours of my own time back with emails and then cleaning up the accounts so they don't follow spam accounts etc.

+5% +5% +5%

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Absolutely. Our marketing needs to improve, we can all do a little bit!

@xeroc would it be possible to mail twitter from postmaster@bitshares.org?

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshares

Well first of all - Thank you Jonny!!! - Thank you for taking the effort, risk and financial burden to buy our official BitShares social media accounts for us! This is a very important step forward! I support any worker or form of compensation for you.

We need to take good use of it and market the hell out of it. I am surprised how fast you can get traction of a few media outlets when you post regularly.

I wrote a tutorial about it how you can use Hootsuite.com , a powerful tool for social media : https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21973.0.html

Check it out.

Let us bring more devs and startups on the BitShares platform.

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline mint chocolate chip

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshare

If the worker thing doesn't get voted in, you could always reimburse yourself through referral links on those social media accounts.