Author Topic: Let's try to get @bitshares on twitter  (Read 16734 times)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
@xeroc @Stan @bytemaster  @cylonmaker2053 @Fox @DestBest @Chris4210

As with dailydecrypt sponsorship I got frustrated with no progress and have gone ahead and just done it.

I have purchased these twitter and fb handles for the community because it needed to be done.

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshare

I paid $2800 for the both of them and expect the community to pay me back for them in full. (can forward email correspondence to prove sale to me)
I think a worker proposal is the best way to collect the funds for this but am not competent enough with CLI client to create one myself.

Could @xeroc or another trusted community member create a worker proposal to cover this $2800 and I will hand over these accounts to the commitee.
Alternatively If cryptonomex wants to send it to me directly that would be easier.

PS I need to wait a week before I change the graphics on the fb page.

How much did you personally end up contributing to TheDailyDecrypt sponsorship? (that you didn't get reimbursed for by other donors?)

All financial costs for the daily decrypt were covered by you, openledger and the community.
I made it happen though by paying upfront with my own money and organising it all like I am doing again.
I have personally contributed at least 6 hours of my own time back with emails and then cleaning up the accounts so they don't follow spam accounts etc.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Fox

I have purchased these twitter and fb handles for the community because it needed to be done.
[...]
I think a worker proposal is the best way to collect the funds for this but am not competent enough with CLI client to create one myself.

Brilliant work here JonnyBitcoin  +5% very much appreciate the proactive efforts.  I'll reach out to @roadscape about authoring the worker proposal on your behalf. 
Witness: fox

Offline onceuponatime

As with dailydecrypt sponsorship I got frustrated with no progress and have gone ahead and just done it.

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshare

I paid $2800 for the both of them and expect the community to pay me back for them in full. (can forward email correspondence to prove sale to me)

Could @xeroc or another trusted community member create a worker proposal to cover this $2800 and I will hand over these accounts to the commitee.
Alternatively If cryptonomex wants to send it to me directly that would be easier.

How much did you personally end up contributing to TheDailyDecrypt sponsorship? (that you didn't get reimbursed for by other donors?)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Why not use bitshares_official instead of giving 3k usd to a random guy?

It's called good marketing.

See above. Old owner was using it for bitcoin stuff, was embarrassing.
Bitshares marketing has been historically very poor, we need to up our game and come across as professional.

yeah i completely agree. Bitshares should own @bitshares. having someone else control that handle is embarrassing.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

It's called good marketing.

See above. Old owner was using it for bitcoin stuff, was embarrassing.
Bitshares marketing has been historically very poor, we need to up our game and come across as professional. 
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshares

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:18:42 am by JonnyBitcoin »
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
[We applied for KeyhoteeTM and BitSharesTM at the same time.

KeyhoteeTM was granted, BitSharesTM was not.

Why?  "Because 'BitShares' is too descriptive - you are just sharing bits"

I'm not making this up.

Thanks for the insights Stan.  I do still wonder if Twitter would review the @bitshares account more closely under their Trademark Policy if the request originated from an @bitshares.org email address. 

The current Twitter account holder has @bitshares and also fb.com/bitshares and the domain bitshare.cn
The site founder lists the sir name Shares at bitshare.cn
Twitter @bitshare looks to be long abandon
fb.com/bitshare does not provide content

Can anyone else connect the dots as to what a reasonable solution may be? 
If they have such a policy .. I can mail them from fabian@bitshares.org

If you provide me a mail address from twitter and a proper text, I can send it out any time

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
we can certainly appeal again to Twitter to release the account for us, but it may also be worth the $3k extortion to get it out of the way sooner.

Offline Fox

[We applied for KeyhoteeTM and BitSharesTM at the same time.

I'm not making this up.

Thanks for the insights Stan.  I do still wonder if Twitter would review the @bitshares account more closely under their Trademark Policy if the request originated from an @bitshares.org email address. 

The current Twitter account holder has @bitshares and also fb.com/bitshares and the domain bitshare.cn
The site founder lists the sir name Shares at bitshare.cn
Twitter @bitshare looks to be long abandon
fb.com/bitshare does not provide content

Can anyone else connect the dots as to what a reasonable solution may be? 

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
We applied for KeyhoteeTM and BitSharesTM at the same time.

I'm not making this up.

that doesn't surprise me. looks like paying $3k for the twitter and FB accounts might be the best option.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I feel @Stan or others connected to the former Invictus Innovations, Inc. (I3) need to revive their Service Mark application (or initiate a new one under a current entity), then pursue action with Twitter on their Trademark Policy to reclaim the @bitshares handle [1, 2]. 

What is a Trademark Policy Violation on Twitter?
Using a company or business name, logo, or other trademark-protected materials in a manner that may mislead or confuse others with regard to its brand or business affiliation may be considered a trademark policy violation.

Can someone remind us of the intention by I3 to file with USPTO in 2014 for "BITSHARES" and subsequently abandon that application [3]?  I noticed that KEYHOTEE has been granted its second extension to I3 [2].  Please don't interpret that as accusatory in any way; simply want to understand the decision process and options for pursuing protection of the Service Mark going forward.

Please note: I was unable to provide direct links to the USPTO search results, so included the Trademarkia.com content for ease of reference.  You are encouraged to search the USPTO Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS) directly and supply the search terms for source content [4]. 

[1] https://support.twitter.com/articles/18367
[2] http://www.trademarkia.com/bitshares-86156522.html
[3] http://www.trademarkia.com/keyhotee-86167329.html
[4] http://tess2.uspto.gov/ Select: Basic Word Mark Search (New User)

We applied for KeyhoteeTM and BitSharesTM at the same time.

I'm not making this up.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Fox

I feel @Stan or others connected to the former Invictus Innovations, Inc. (I3) need to revive their Service Mark application (or initiate a new one under a current entity), then pursue action with Twitter on their Trademark Policy to reclaim the @bitshares handle [1, 2]. 

What is a Trademark Policy Violation on Twitter?
Using a company or business name, logo, or other trademark-protected materials in a manner that may mislead or confuse others with regard to its brand or business affiliation may be considered a trademark policy violation.

Can someone remind us of the intention by I3 to file with USPTO in 2014 for "BITSHARES" and subsequently abandon that application [3]?  I noticed that KEYHOTEE has been granted its second extension to I3 [2].  Please don't interpret that as accusatory in any way; simply want to understand the decision process and options for pursuing protection of the Service Mark going forward.

Please note: I was unable to provide direct links to the USPTO search results, so included the Trademarkia.com content for ease of reference.  You are encouraged to search the USPTO Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS) directly and supply the search terms for source content [4]. 

[1] https://support.twitter.com/articles/18367
[2] http://www.trademarkia.com/bitshares-86156522.html
[3] http://www.trademarkia.com/keyhotee-86167329.html
[4] http://tess2.uspto.gov/ Select: Basic Word Mark Search (New User)

Offline DestBest

Great idea  +5%

Don't forget you can automatically send your token to your new followers.
It greatly increase Engagement Rates + New follower often retweet your #sharebits gift, incentivizing their followers to follow you  :D
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Why not set up
  • BitSharesNews
  • BitSharesUpdate
  • BitSharesOfficial

I am holding  @bitsharesmunich and tweet every day. I am almost alone :/ Get LOUD people

good job with @bitsharesmunich ...i've RT'd some of your stuff in the past, and will keep an eye out for updates.