Author Topic: Lets woo basic coins to migrate natively to our blockchain.  (Read 8747 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
We lack a "Get listed on BitShares DEX" button on bitshares.org

Nice idea, Anyone disagree with this?

i say go for it!

Paging @cass

Edit:  One of our long time member, Adam listed his coin LTBcoin in counterparty.  Perhaps we can invite him to move LTBcoin to bts.

ok and what should happen when user hits the button?

Took the thought right out of my brain Cass. Getting "listed" involves much more than slapping a link on a website. We need a complete and simple step by step plan of what it takes for people who know very little about BitShares to integrate on our DEX. Frankly I don;t even know what it would take for a "foreign" coin to be tradeable. Are we talking something like an IOU UIA such as Open.BTC or something else?

It could link to BitShares documentation about that.

For example, there is already documentation on how to get an exchange working on top of BitShares, we should have the same like "Deploy your Exchange on BitShares" and having it redirect to http://docs.bitshares.eu/integration/exchanges/index.html

The documentation can be overwhelming for a new exchange or altcoin.  How about "Get listed on BitShares DEX" button on bitshares.org pops up an email address to start the conversation going?  The email address can be from the devs or one of the community members who volunteers.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
My 2 cents

Get listed on BitShares DEX:

- Migrate natively
- Get Listed as an IOU from one of our Exchange
- Get Listed as a MPA
* Create a new Asset

+ a little HowTo for the tricky part when you click on one of the list item

that'd be the best case scenario for us, but also makes a lot of sense for new altcoin ideas that would like to benefit from our network effects and superior technology..

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

i say go for it!

Paging @cass

Edit:  One of our long time member, Adam listed his coin LTBcoin in counterparty.  Perhaps we can invite him to move LTBcoin to bts.

Took the thought right out of my brain Cass. Getting "listed" involves much more than slapping a link on a website. We need a complete and simple step by step plan of what it takes for people who know very little about BitShares to integrate on our DEX. Frankly I don;t even know what it would take for a "foreign" coin to be tradeable. Are we talking something like an IOU UIA such as Open.BTC or something else?

It could link to BitShares documentation about that.

For example, there is already documentation on how to get an exchange working on top of BitShares, we should have the same like "Deploy your Exchange on BitShares" and having it redirect to http://docs.bitshares.eu/integration/exchanges/index.html
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline DestBest

My 2 cents

Get listed on BitShares DEX:

- Migrate natively
- Get Listed as an IOU from one of our Exchange
- Get Listed as a MPA
* Create a new Asset

+ a little HowTo for the tricky part when you click on one of the list item
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 01:47:22 pm by DestBest »
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline Thom

i say go for it!

Paging @cass

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

i say go for it!

Paging @cass

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
On top of the Get listed on the Bitshares DEX, we should also have "BitShares is looking for business partners" or "Looking to help new businesses/services" and then we show multiple use cases and how our tech can help, ie: exchanges, crowdfunding, etc

That should help attract new businesses, people will immediately know they can use BitSHares for

+5%

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
On top of the Get listed on the Bitshares DEX, we should also have "BitShares is looking for business partners" or "Looking to help new businesses/services" and then we show multiple use cases and how our tech can help, ie: exchanges, crowdfunding, etc

That should help attract new businesses, people will immediately know they can use BitSHares for

Tough to make that case when just last week the community decided to remove the partners section of the forum claiming we should have no partners.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21699.0.html

Partners or 3rd party services, I think it's just semantics.. The idea is to advertise we want businesses and services using BitShares and have them quickly understand how they can do it via use cases

I doubt BTS holders would object to having a "Looking to help new businesses/services" section.

'Partnerships' impact reputation though and reputation has a very tangible impact on market value. (The impact of reputation on market value - http://www.reputationdividend.com/files/4713/4822/1479/Reputation_Dividend_WEC_133_Cole.pdf )

So BTS can have partners, but what you tend to see is BTS holders doing a lot more due diligence and interrogation of potential 'partners' because they understand the reputation risk and impact on BTS value if they turn out to be duds/viewed as shady by the market, whereas they are mostly welcoming and positive of third parties that integrate/adopt BTS.

As most prefer to see BTS be highly positive and welcoming, you're probably usually better off avoiding the 'partner' descriptor imo.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:15:35 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Tough to make that case when just last week the community decided to remove the partners section of the forum claiming we should have no partners.

Partners or 3rd party services, I think it's just semantics.. The idea is to advertise we want businesses and services using BitShares and have them quickly understand how they can do it via use cases
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210

i say go for it!

I added the offer to my daily automatic Tweets.
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Ok, ok.  All this awesome thinking has goaded me into finally releasing this draft article.

Let me know if you can use any of it.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

i say go for it!

Paging @cass

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

i say go for it!