Author Topic: [ANN] New Money project & SOLCERT token  (Read 60301 times)

TravelsAsia

+5%

2 days left. Once the ICO goes live, I think we are all going to be happy that we got in early. The key is for everyone that invested to spread the word.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

TravelsAsia

Just a reminder, Solcerts which are valued at 5 BTS with  a 1:1 exchange for Sollars pegged at 1.00 with Solars N Sense moves to its own blockchain. This will be an automatic exchange with the logic built into the blockchain.

Been talking with Solomon about the trading pairs that will be ready to trade on Openedger after the ICO. We've also heard back from 4 other exchanges, sending follow-ups today and Ccing Solomon.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 08:18:18 am by TravelsAsia »

TravelsAsia

Paid position, worth over 100k bts (paid in Solcert). I'm working out details, but it will essentially be focused on handling the social media push and signature rewards through the 28 days of the ICO.

I wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone might be interested? Working on a full description in the next 24 hours.

Solomon is giving over 100k SolCerts (500k BTS current value) in rewards. It's a nice chunk of change.

I would check with Fuzzy @TravelsAsia . But we need to be 100% clear of what needs to be done in the 28 days. This has become very serious. Thanks  :D

Exactly, I need about 24 hours to get it all detailed.  I want to make it crystal clear on the expectations.  Once I get a rough, it'll go to you for approval.  I wish I had more time to run it, but I'm just fighting with capacity.  Once the details are out, you can quickly evaluate the people that are interested and go from there. I will still offer as much assistance as I can throughout the ICO for you.

Yeh I am currently running the sollywood twitter and have plans to update it and probably set up some more stuff this week.  Let's chat travelasia.

Sounds good Fuzzy.  Over the 24 hours or so, I will type up the marketing campaign I ran by Solomon.  This will give you and anyone else that might be interested a good idea of the direction as well as an opportunity to modify it.  Once that's done, I'll request that Solomon do any follow-up emails/calls.  I'm also typing a rough ToDo list of everything from contacting exchanges (which we are already seeing success) to what to include in the ICO post. There's also some interesting cross promotional items that are being discussed which would add a LOT of value to Solcert holders besides just the pegged value.

My goal is to get it all wrapped up by the end of the weekend so Solomon and whoever is heading up the marketing can run with it.  At that point, I'll be around to pitch in here and there.  This has the potential to be something special, I'm glad I had a small part in it.

Offline konelectric

where can i found this?

if i read it correct. If i name my project "SHENTIST" and not "ALGAMANDA" i will have spend more on marketing, because SHENTIST is my name and ALAGAMANDA is not?

Makes no $ense!

The question should be, makes it $ense to call it SOLLARS? You need a easy to remember name and SOLLARS fits in this creteria.

You can found your business on the blockchain (sorry, couldn't help it). Do a quick Google search and the rest will come up. Aside from the narcissistic suggestion, which another poster made, the main point here is that a new product with a new role requires that you educate the consumer. If your name is not as descriptive as it could be (as is the case when you name it after yourself), then you are stuck with more work educating people about what it is and why they need it. Comparing this to something like TRUMP hotels or ABERCROMBIE T-shirts is fallacious, because hotels and shirts are products with which the consumer is already very familiar, and the name is simply a brand of that product. Here, you're asking potential customers to trust you in a mighty way with the product itself, and if you're the kind of person who sticks your name on things, well, they may or may not swallow what you're trying to feed them. IMHO, it would be a lot less baggage to simply take yourself out of the way and come up with a decent product name. I am not trying to be an a-hole, though that may apply. I am pointing out a potential objection that you may face, and if you could eliminate it now, then why not do so?

I think we're pioneering new territory here in the crypto world. What work the last ten years may not work the same here. Naming prodicts after yourself might be the new thing that works. Who knows.

When I first read the name  SolomonSollarsNSense I thought it sounded like a law firm name.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

Looks like Tier 7 is off to a great start (in closing that is)  :)

Thanks to all who continue to support this project. If it weren't for you and those who have graciously stepped up we wouldn't be where we are today. If we are successful YOU did it.

We are LITERALLY in the beginning stages of replicating exactly what Ethereum did marketing wise. And for that We will reach a mainstream audience. I can't do it alone. But together WE can and we will.

#LetsMakeSense #PoweredByBitshares
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini

where can i found this?

if i read it correct. If i name my project "SHENTIST" and not "ALGAMANDA" i will have spend more on marketing, because SHENTIST is my name and ALAGAMANDA is not?

Makes no $ense!

The question should be, makes it $ense to call it SOLLARS? You need a easy to remember name and SOLLARS fits in this creteria.

You can found your business on the blockchain (sorry, couldn't help it). Do a quick Google search and the rest will come up. Aside from the narcissistic suggestion, which another poster made, the main point here is that a new product with a new role requires that you educate the consumer. If your name is not as descriptive as it could be (as is the case when you name it after yourself), then you are stuck with more work educating people about what it is and why they need it. Comparing this to something like TRUMP hotels or ABERCROMBIE T-shirts is fallacious, because hotels and shirts are products with which the consumer is already very familiar, and the name is simply a brand of that product. Here, you're asking potential customers to trust you in a mighty way with the product itself, and if you're the kind of person who sticks your name on things, well, they may or may not swallow what you're trying to feed them. IMHO, it would be a lot less baggage to simply take yourself out of the way and come up with a decent product name. I am not trying to be an a-hole, though that may apply. I am pointing out a potential objection that you may face, and if you could eliminate it now, then why not do so?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 12:00:58 am by Vizzini »
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Offline fuzzy

Paid position, worth over 100k bts (paid in Solcert). I'm working out details, but it will essentially be focused on handling the social media push and signature rewards through the 28 days of the ICO.

I wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone might be interested? Working on a full description in the next 24 hours.

Solomon is giving over 100k SolCerts (500k BTS current value) in rewards. It's a nice chunk of change.

I would check with Fuzzy @TravelsAsia . But we need to be 100% clear of what needs to be done in the 28 days. This has become very serious. Thanks  :D

Exactly, I need about 24 hours to get it all detailed.  I want to make it crystal clear on the expectations.  Once I get a rough, it'll go to you for approval.  I wish I had more time to run it, but I'm just fighting with capacity.  Once the details are out, you can quickly evaluate the people that are interested and go from there. I will still offer as much assistance as I can throughout the ICO for you.

Yeh I am currently running the sollywood twitter and have plans to update it and probably set up some more stuff this week.  Let's chat travelasia.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

TravelsAsia

Any chance of a better name for these? IMHO chance of success is limited when someone names the product after himself. Decent guy though he may be.

That's interesting... I've had this conversation before  :) If you are directing that at the Sollars and Sense/Sollywood TV brand fair enough. If you have an argument that could have convinced Walt Disney, Sam Walton, John Deere, Harvey Weinstein, Amber Crombie and Fitch, Air Jordan, Calvin Klein, Henry Ford, Jacuzzi, Ferruccio Lamborghini, and a million other successful brands derived from their real life owners to change then I actually want to hear it.

And that is not even close to 1/5th of the list. We will be fine  :)

The consensus among most business experts is that if you name it after yourself and you're not a celebrity, you're going to have to spend more on marketing. If it's a product that needs explaining already, then it creates more work and expense for you. If I were seeing something new and unusual on Kickstarter, on the fence trying to decide if it's legit enough to jump in, and then I notice the guy used his own name for the product, that would be it. It would turn me off; I'd run for the hills. If you're an industrial magnate, railroad baron, swanky designer, or NBA superstar, then I see the value, but very few businesses in the latter 20th or early 21st century have gotten away with this. This is new money and I think you're going to have to work harder on it than you would if you just picked a humble, descriptive product name with less hubris.

The companies you list like disney and wal-mart were all founded decades ago... I'm having trouble thinking of a company that names products after itself that was created in the last 10 years.  Doesn't seem like a great way to attract millennials and "new money"

Frankly it seems narcissistic and is a major turn off, on top of you already comparing yourself to Vitalik and Bytemaster.

PS... I am a millennial and I hate the way cable and Hollywood work.  If these things turn me off, they are going to turn off a lot of your target audience.  It would be an easy problem to address and change early.

You might be too close to it as a cryptoguy. JoeDirt on Kickstarter might think it has something to do with solar or shining. Im much the same way, I have to remind myself people outside of this very small sphere look at things differently. I think the name is catchy, however, I think anything named Bit feels cheap (no offense to BTS).

Im just one opinion, I'm just happy the project is rolling like I envisoned when first sending my BTS. :)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Any chance of a better name for these? IMHO chance of success is limited when someone names the product after himself. Decent guy though he may be.

That's interesting... I've had this conversation before  :) If you are directing that at the Sollars and Sense/Sollywood TV brand fair enough. If you have an argument that could have convinced Walt Disney, Sam Walton, John Deere, Harvey Weinstein, Amber Crombie and Fitch, Air Jordan, Calvin Klein, Henry Ford, Jacuzzi, Ferruccio Lamborghini, and a million other successful brands derived from their real life owners to change then I actually want to hear it.

And that is not even close to 1/5th of the list. We will be fine  :)

The consensus among most business experts is that if you name it after yourself and you're not a celebrity, you're going to have to spend more on marketing. If it's a product that needs explaining already, then it creates more work and expense for you. If I were seeing something new and unusual on Kickstarter, on the fence trying to decide if it's legit enough to jump in, and then I notice the guy used his own name for the product, that would be it. It would turn me off; I'd run for the hills. If you're an industrial magnate, railroad baron, swanky designer, or NBA superstar, then I see the value, but very few businesses in the latter 20th or early 21st century have gotten away with this. This is new money and I think you're going to have to work harder on it than you would if you just picked a humble, descriptive product name with less hubris.

The companies you list like disney and wal-mart were all founded decades ago... I'm having trouble thinking of a company that names products after itself that was created in the last 10 years.  Doesn't seem like a great way to attract millennials and "new money"

Frankly it seems narcissistic and is a major turn off, on top of you already comparing yourself to Vitalik and Bytemaster.

PS... I am a millennial and I hate the way cable and Hollywood work.  If these things turn me off, they are going to turn off a lot of your target audience.  It would be an easy problem to address and change early.

@fuzzy
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

TravelsAsia

TravelsAsia

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:21:32 pm by TravelsAsia »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

It's easy to remember but already taken... with more... $ense?
http://solarcoin.org/en/front-page/