Author Topic: [ANN] New Money project & SOLCERT token  (Read 60435 times)

Offline fuzzy

Community FAQ Started

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22109.0.html

Please don't jump down my throat if your specific question hasn't been answered yet. I've had to dig back through all the material in the OP, exchange ideas back and forth with Solomon and try to slim down the responses the best I could.  I appreciate Solomon working with me, he's taken a lot of time out of his schedule to break down his vision. I still have a lot of questions, however, I'm much more comfortable with the tiered pre-sale and accompanying ICO.

agreed.  the tiered scale makes it so the market gets to choose the valuation.  when people stop buying you have an approximate starting valuation for all the tokens that were sold earlier at cheaper prices.  Those who buy later help to validate the decision of those who bought in during earlier tiers. :)

I'm helping Solomon come up with a reward stream. I will recommend we give some away to the Mumble listeners.

cool! solomon already has some quests set up and prepared if you wanted to look into them and hks proposed rewards.  :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

TravelsAsia

Community FAQ Started

Please don't jump down my throat if your specific question hasn't been answered yet. I've had to dig back through all the material in the OP, exchange ideas back and forth with Solomon and try to slim down the responses the best I could.  I appreciate Solomon working with me, he's taken a lot of time out of his schedule to break down his vision. I still have a lot of questions, however, I'm much more comfortable with the tiered pre-sale and accompanying ICO.

agreed.  the tiered scale makes it so the market gets to choose the valuation.  when people stop buying you have an approximate starting valuation for all the tokens that were sold earlier at cheaper prices.  Those who buy later help to validate the decision of those who bought in during earlier tiers. :)

I'm helping Solomon come up with a reward stream. I will recommend we give some away to the Mumble listeners.

Offline fuzzy

Community FAQ Started

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

TravelsAsia

Community FAQ Started

TravelsAsia

@SolomonSollarsNSense   Just got back from the gym, typing it up now. Should be in your mailbox in the next 15 minutes.

All,

This will be a process.  Once I get the first set of answers up, I'll dig deeper on the next batch. 

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

Solomon and I have been exchanging a lot of messages back and forth as I continue to strive for more clarification. Here's the actions I plan to take:

1. Once I get Solomon's next set of responses, I will type a very succinct summary of the pre-sales tokens. I had questions ranging from pricing for the ICO and future auctions.  I will submit that to Solomon to review.

2. Once Solomon approves, I will type up the summary for you guys to look at.

3. I submitted a rough on how the ICO might look.  They might be in a situation where all the tokens are sold in the pre-sale that an ICO won't happen.  However, if it does happen, I wanted (as I'm sure the community did as well) to know what to expect.

4. Once I get the information from #4 approved by Solomon, I will post it to the community in a very black and white way.  As a film guy, Solomon is a creative type, I'm more cut and dry on specifics.

5. I had a lot of questions which have already been addressed about the Kickstarter.  As soon as I feel I have enough, I will summarize and ask Solomon to review.

6. Once #5 is complete, I'll post to the community.

7. I also volunteered to help him get a sig campaign and possibly other social media rewards setup similar to Waves and Lisk.

I jumped in (no compensation requested) because I had lots of questions and big concerns. By asking a lot of questions, I feel like other will benefit as well as I'm starting to understand more about how the pieces come together.   I love all the creativity and verbose nature of the New Project Pre-Sale post, it's just a lot of info.  My goal is to summarize it in brief bullet points for people like me.

** Update **

I'm happy with the answers I received concerning the ICO and future auctions.  I will get that typed up in a few hours for Solomon to double check.
Did anyone tell you you're my hero

You're my hero @konelectric  :D Thanks for the retweets I see you  :)
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline konelectric

Solomon and I have been exchanging a lot of messages back and forth as I continue to strive for more clarification. Here's the actions I plan to take:

1. Once I get Solomon's next set of responses, I will type a very succinct summary of the pre-sales tokens. I had questions ranging from pricing for the ICO and future auctions.  I will submit that to Solomon to review.

3. I submitted a rough on how the ICO might look.  They might be in a situation where all the tokens are sold in the pre-sale that an ICO won't happen.  However, if it does happen, I wanted (as I'm sure the community did as well) to know what to expect.

4. Once I get the information from #4 approved by Solomon, I will post it to the community in a very black and white way.  As a film guy, Solomon is a creative type, I'm more cut and dry on specifics.

5. I had a lot of questions which have already been addressed about the Kickstarter.  As soon as I feel I have enough, I will summarize and ask Solomon to review.

7. I also volunteered to help him get a sig campaign and possibly other social media rewards setup similar to Waves and Lisk.

I jumped in (no compensation requested) because I had lots of questions and big concerns. By asking a lot of questions, I feel like other will benefit as well as I'm starting to understand more about how the pieces come together.   I love all the creativity and verbose nature of the New Project Pre-Sale post, it's just a lot of info.  My goal is to summarize it in brief bullet points for people like me.

** Update **

I'm happy with the answers I received concerning the ICO and future auctions.  I will get that typed up in a few hours for Solomon to double check.
Did anyone tell you you're my hero
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
 +5%
#sharebits TravelsAsia 99 ROSE
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

TravelsAsia

** Update **

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 08:34:40 pm by TravelsAsia »

TravelsAsia

I have a few ideas I will toss over to you later tonight which addresses some of the concerns without modifying your model too much so we get the win/win.

This sounds like an excellent plan. Cant wait to see your proposals.  :D
Thank you for your continued support TravelsAsia. You've been a class act even in your disagreements.

Submitted.  The first 2 are getting clarification on the pre-sale and ICO based on my understanding and the feedback I've read in this thread.

I have a few ideas I will toss over to you later tonight which addresses some of the concerns without modifying your model too much so we get the win/win.

This sounds like an excellent plan. Cant wait to see your proposals.  :D
Thank you for your continued support TravelsAsia. You've been a class act even in your disagreements.
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

TravelsAsia

Offline mint chocolate chip

Sollars will be a centralized currency artificially market-pegged to the Dollar.

I just think reconsidering some fundamentals that have been suggested by others in the community would yield better results for everyone.

+5%

We are just trying to transform a potentially WIN-LOOSE situation to a WIN-WIN situation....

Trust that I have thought about these things long and hard. I have considered the opinions and approaches of many different philosophies and applications of finance and economics. I have seen them all fail for various reasons and have seen them all succeed in various degrees. None of them are perfect or guarantee fairness for everyone. I am of course considering things that have been talked about here but we are really getting ahead of ourselves.

Lets see what we can do in Hollywood first with Millennials. Last I checked no one is an expert at getting to them as it has not happened. So this can be very exciting for everyone involved. If you dont see value in that I dont know what to say...

I appreciate the questions and opinions of everyone even if they are of a negative nature. As we will all have to live with our words and actions when the future comes. The experts said Daniel Bytemaster Larimer could never pull of Bitshares and he did. I thank God everyday he did not listen to the Bitcoin financial experts. Who knows where we would be. I know his story motivates me... Likewise the experts said Vitalik's Ethereum proposal would never work and its economics were off and would never make anyone money EVER. I remember I was there. And I almost believed it.

But I remembered that people adopt various economic systems for reasons other than finance. Taking a holistic approach I realized that I might not want to put limits on what Vitalik may accomplish especially considering the psychological effect his proposal was having on people. I rightly analyzed even if the economics were unsound to some, or algorithms proposed eventual vaporware, as long as enough people believed in it personally, value could be created for Backers. As I am a believer that currency or money can be "backed" by anything it seems that notion is playing out correctly.

I say that to say many experts will say what we are doing just wont work on so many levels... And to that I guess we will see how this plays out.

Again I appreciate everyone in this community. It is impossible to please everyone and I am not here to do that. But this is not just a financial system. Its a movement we are trying to create here of the people by the people and for the people. The money is just a tool, but you need so much more. You need the people's hearts. I have that message and it will be powered by Bitshares. Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:41:09 pm by SolomonSollarsNSense »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I just think reconsidering some fundamentals that have been suggested by others in the community would yield better results for everyone.

+5%

We are just trying to transform a potentially WIN-LOOSE situation to a WIN-WIN situation....