Author Topic: Is there a creative way to sell Lisk on the Dex prior to the mid April launch?  (Read 11334 times)

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Not worth the risk?

Dude, what the fuk r u smoking, and can you please pass it on over!  You're obviously not getting it.  What is 700 wallet downloads worth to us right now?!  Or 200 new unique people learning how to use BitShares.  Or 20 people getting hooked on mainlining smartcoins worth?!?!?!?!  Ever hear of "marketing"??

Yes, you are correct that there is no way to prove that we are going to send the Lisk to the buyers of bitLisk.

and Yes, our "Orchestrator" can just run off with the bitUSD that the purchasers of bitLisk sent him.

But if the Orchestrator is, say for instance, Fuzzy, and we restrict the people allowed to pledge to those of us who told us their address:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivwuANB1Syo#t=5m56s

Then, if anyone gets scammed here, the next BitShares road trip will be a video of me and Tuck driving to Philly and kicking soms bitAsshole's ass!!

Get it.

We leverage the trust that we have built up within our community, against the hype brought forth by the Lisk developers to create BITSHARZZ buzz!

What's the matter, don't you trust Fuzzy?

You calling Riverhead a liar and a thief?

I trust those guys.  Do you?

And what is that trust worth, and what can we use it for ?

And what can we gain by putting it to the test?

If we can't even hold a simple risk pool among our community, then how can we expect people to trust our "federation of delegates" which is the heart of our "trustless" network!

If we don't trust our community then no one will.

The trust of our community is our greatest asset, and I would have to say that it is currently underutilized.  Disagree with that statement!

Should we stop trusting Stan and Dan?

What about Fuck the Man?

The reason why there is no Lisk market currently is because there is no trustworthy group of people supporting one.  Trustworthy groups are hard to find.  and if you had a trustworthy group today, then you could do something unprecedented (create a Lisk market and get every troll on the trollbox talking about BTS)(duh?). Gee where can I find a trustworthy community....Geee let me think....If I only had a trustworthy community, then I could bring new users to BitShares..... hmmmmm...

Are we trustworthy?

What is our community's reputation worth?

Let's find out.  The higher the price of Lisk rises, the more people trust our "federation of servers" that lies at the core of BitShares

And take another step back further, what are we talking about :

a few hundred bucks for a few hundred wallet downloads?

hell, that's worth it for the exposure alone!

Hell, if Fuzzy runs off with the $400 kitty, never to be seen from again, I'm sure that me, uncle onceuponatime, Tuck, Ronny, Cob, KenCode, and maybe even the great superfan Stan himself could pool together the difference just to save the community the embarrassment!

Why on earth would Stan screw us?  He's the hippest cat I know:
http://www.popsugar.com/tech/Popular-Internet-Slang-Words-37912438#photo-37912463

so chillax poopers, I'm trying to party here

relax

it's all right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk8RuIM2NmA#t=56s
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:23:14 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Iou is not worth the risk. Do no, there's no creative way to trade something you have no way of proof of hodl

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Not a bad idea really:

1. Everyone here pledge some of Lisk (that we will be compensated for at the average selling price when Lisk becomes liquid).
2. Someone (call him the Orchestrator), creates a UIA from the total pool and builds a market in bitUSD like this:

1000 bitLisk at 0.10 bitUSD each
2000 bitLisk at 0.15 bitUSD each
3000 bitLisk at 0.20 bitUSD each
4000 bitLisk at 0.25 bitUSD each
etc.

This will create a buzz around the BitShares platform for the next three weeks that is worth it's weight in bitGOLD

This will make people try the BitShares wallet and experience the kickass-ness first hand.

Then when the Lisk is liquid, all of us who pledged Lisk, send them to the Orchestrator who sends the winners their Lisk as the owners of bitLisk redeem them for the real thing.  The Orchestrator sends us bitUSD (average selling price) for our Lisk.

To make this easier for the orchestrator we can make 1 bitLisk redeemable for something larger like 100 Lisk, so that there are not a million redeemers who want Lisk dust.

If we are lucky, those who buy bitLisk will try to resell it on the market before the Lisk becomes liquid, and we will have a fully functioning free market of Lisk/bitUSD that we can brag about and create buzz, and teach people about BitShares.

To compensate the Orchestrator, we can all pitch in and pay him like $xxx

I know that Ander said that he bought some, and I would pledge some.  Who else would pledge some, and who wants to be the Orchestrator (tell us your fee).

Overall, great idea.  All we have to do to teach the world about BitShares is to pool risk.

This is an effective way to leverage all the buzz created by the Lisk team before they become the world's largest DPOS cryptocurrency.  The best case scenario is that we remain the world's largest DPOS after Lisk launches.

What do you say guys?

Who's up to defend our first mover advantage?

But overall, it looks like a DPOS community helping another DPOS community, bringing buzz to us all!

TO INFINITY AND BEYONDDDDDDD BITCOINNNNNN

« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:23:47 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
All you need is a group of people that hold LISK from the crowdsale and that can be trusted .. then you can do the same thing as Ethercoin did pre-Ethereum genesis
There is another project doing this for REP/Augur: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22032.new.html#new

However, this obviously involves an IOU and thus has counterparty risk

TravelsAsia

If this is just a crazy idea, I apologize.  During the Lisk IPO, over 15,000 BTC was raised. There's a lot of people that are obviously interesting in trading Lisk, however, due to the ability to claim Lisk keys through email, the developers recommend not selling Lisk accounts prior to the official wallet release. In other words, Lisk holders will have their thumbs up their butt for at least another 3 weeks.

Could a market maker issue tokens (similar to Gatecoin for Augur) and maybe back it with collateral escrow on the dex? If we could somehow initiate trading, we would see an influx of new traders immediately.  Maybe it's not possible, just throwing it out there.