Author Topic: Yunbi started voting against all workers except refund/burn workers  (Read 71287 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

@Ben Mason , we all love bts. I am not again the development, but I don't like the Worker Way just as Yunbi.
like you said,  hope one day bitshares true value will reveal itself

Ok, I wish you could already see the value that has been bought with the workers. There is every reason for improving accountability and checking progress. There is so much to be proud of and full of hope for here. I hope we can find a compromise. I don't agree with yunbi's actions because they assumed consent. But I value everyone's efforts who have made BitShares what it is.

All the best Laow.

This is how every round with anti-dilution/workers ends.

One side says we need to develop and this is how it is getting done.

Other side says we need to develop and we don't want Workers doing it.. but we have no idea how to get it done.

As I stated earlier in a tongue and cheek way.. if there really is all this free labour in the wings.. if they step up and get things done, there is absolutely no reason for votes to use the Worker proposal system to fund fixes and updates etc. I highly suspect though that this army of free developers might be part of the anti-reality rally. Thus why we have not seen it.

If there truly was a desire to see bitshares developed without workers.. it could EASILY be done with those that claim they can contribute for free to step up and JUST DO IT!  +5% +5% +5%

It's so obvious.. if it's true.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Do any of you remember BM predicted the exact scenario that worker dilution on blokchain would fail eventually due to the inevitable politics ?       

Well ,  I guess the smart guy himself didn't remember it either  .

at least "localhost" and "trust" seems to have an elephant memory...

Offline freedom

• View Profile
@Ben Mason , we all love bts. I am not again the development, but I don't like the Worker Way just as Yunbi.

you said what I want to say.
+5% +5% +5% +5%

Offline helloworld

• View Profile

you said what I want to say.
BTS:bts-hero

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Ok, I wish you could already see the value that has been bought with the workers. There is every reason for improving accountability and checking progress. There is so much to be proud of and full of hope for here. I hope we can find a compromise. I don't agree with yunbi's actions because they assumed consent. But I value everyone's efforts who have made BitShares what it is.

All the best Laow.

Offline laow

• View Profile
BTS acount: laow

Offline laow

• View Profile
Bitshares need a good reputation more than its technology, then people come, developers come.

You are destroying the repuation of Bitshares. You are acting directly against one of the biggest advantage that we have: an ability to fund blockchain development directly from the blockchain. This is a huge thing which other people are starting finally to realize: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckRPUqnFlIs

No developers want to work for a project that is hostile against development. If there are no developers, there is no development. If there is no development, there are no features that customers want. If there are no features, there are no customers.

Current situation his horrible. I have stopped all my marketing efforts for now because I'm ashamed to present Bitshares to anybody. If newbie comes and sees what's happening, he will run away very quickly.

So tell me, how we should go on with marketing? What's working marketing strategy in a situation like this? I don't see any.
During the last two year, how many newbie comes, and how many of them stay?
Code: [Select]
Most Online Today: 103. Most Online Ever: 373 (December 05, 2013, 11:28:00 PM) 
See the forum statistics, that is the truth, almost no newbie here. Did the last two year Bitshares stop develope?  then why they left?
It is not shame to present Bitshares to anybody , it is a shame that we can't have them stay.
Old guy left, newbie left, that is the situation.

Yes, I'm very well aware of the fact it's difficult to get people stay. And you are making it even more difficult!

Funding from blockchain is one of our core features, it's adverized on our website, look: https://bitshares.org/technology/stakeholder-approved-project-funding/

If you don't like that, then tell me how you are going to replace it? How the new system will function and how we should market it to potential customers and other developers?

I come in the early PTS day, until today I stand up to post some reply to against the Worker.
It is not me to drive the newbie leave, I don't have such power.

When situation goes like that, then you asked  me to give you a better way to replace it.
Many smart, passionate people, alt, crab has argued for that,  you don't listen.
Even Yunbi, they added BitCNY/CNY market, they added Muse/CNY market.  Can you trade muse
on the other exchange?  Bitshares get great support form Yunbi, why Today they  voted against all workers?

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Good job!  +5%
Bitcoin grows well without any paid "workers", think about Linux. Why can't bitshares?
Does the  Bitshares 2.0,  the Worker attract more developers? No, still these people, but Toast left, Vikram left, alt leaving.
Yep, we against increase the supply. Can you see any public company raise what he wants?
Bitshares need a good reputation more than its technology, then people come, developers come.

So in the meantime what do you purpose we do? Will you do maintenance and bug fixing as well as improving the UI for a better user experience?

@laow you still didn't answer my question
If I say yes, can you stop all the dilution, witness ,worker? 

And I have a question too, when the dilution stop, will you shutdown the server,  sell out the bts and leave the community?

Laow, there is a limit to the amount of dilution....there is a maximum supply. Without active development, this project is dead.  Only fools and traders will continue to hold for a time.....

Just please provide one explanation for how maintenance or continued development of core/existing features will be achieved without workers?

Please could you answer this question?

Just please provide one explanation for how maintenance or continued development of core/existing features will be achieved without workers?
Can you tell me first, did other crypto-currency project without Worker dead?
Ok, on the face of it, some crypto projects that have no active development appear to be alive. However, they are not and will be in terminal decline when viewed over time. Like the carcass of a whale in the sea continuing to give life for months or even years but then nothing. We all need to realise how young blockchain technology is and how little money is in it when compared with the trillions in the global economy. The development enables our technology to adapt and remain fit and healthy. There is still a lot to do before we are ready for mass adoption but we are closer to that today than we were before the improvements funded by worker dilution. If we can reach the point where our product is fit and our community unified......bitshares true value will reveal itself and Bitcoin, ethereum, etc (though I wish those projects well) will be far far behind.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Do any of you remember BM predicted the exact scenario that worker dilution on blokchain would fail eventually due to the inevitable politics ?

Well ,  I guess the smart guy himself didn't remember it either  .

It was a comment he directed to Memory coin's "direct pay to workers" operation .

So I guess the smart ass sentence should be : BM told you so ......

Where is the failure? So far, workers and dilution have succeeded in maintaining the network, completing further development of features begun the process of documentation etc etc. That is not a failure. Again you judge based on a short-term view of the price of BitShares. What potential is locked up within BitShares now that did not exist before? So there are now arguments about dilution.....even though there is a maximum supply. If some people want to turn on the biggest current source of value for BitShares then so be it.  If they want to throw a tantrum and leave, so be it. If they want to spread false information and damage BitShares out of spite, so be it. The fact is, all of this is about the short term and about greed. Politics can't undermine the need in the world for blockchain and the incredible tech that now exists.  It's up to us to make the most of it for BitShares.

Let's unify our efforts, stop undermining each other, review all workers for value and accountability in the context of the remaining available dilution and core feature development and maintenance. Let's review the status of everything related to BitShares and build an awareness campaign based on facts and actual delivery. There are a lot more people in the world than just the crypto speculators, let's start reaching them.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha

You are destroying the repuation of Bitshares. You are acting directly against one of the biggest advantage that we have: an ability to fund blockchain development directly from the blockchain. This is a huge thing which other people are starting finally to realize: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckRPUqnFlIs

No developers want to work for a project that is hostile against development. If there are no developers, there is no development. If there is no development, there are no features that customers want. If there are no features, there are no customers.

Current situation his horrible. I have stopped all my marketing efforts for now because I'm ashamed to present Bitshares to anybody. If newbie comes and sees what's happening, he will run away very quickly.

So tell me, how we should go on with marketing? What's working marketing strategy in a situation like this? I don't see any.
See the forum statistics, that is the truth, almost no newbie here. Did the last two year Bitshares stop develope?  then why they left?
It is not shame to present Bitshares to anybody , it is a shame that we can't have them stay.

Yes, I'm very well aware of the fact it's difficult to get people stay. And you are making it even more difficult!

Funding from blockchain is one of our core features, it's adverized on our website, look: https://bitshares.org/technology/stakeholder-approved-project-funding/

If you don't like that, then tell me how you are going to replace it? How the new system will function and how we should market it to potential customers and other developers?

Offline laow

• View Profile
Good job!  +5%
Bitcoin grows well without any paid "workers", think about Linux. Why can't bitshares?
Does the  Bitshares 2.0,  the Worker attract more developers? No, still these people, but Toast left, Vikram left, alt leaving.
Yep, we against increase the supply. Can you see any public company raise what he wants?

So in the meantime what do you purpose we do? Will you do maintenance and bug fixing as well as improving the UI for a better user experience?

And I have a question too, when the dilution stop, will you shutdown the server,  sell out the bts and leave the community?

Laow, there is a limit to the amount of dilution....there is a maximum supply. Without active development, this project is dead.  Only fools and traders will continue to hold for a time.....

Can you tell me first, did other crypto-currency project without Worker dead?

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Good job!  +5%

Offline laow

• View Profile

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha

Offline laow

• View Profile
If you say yes why were not already doing the maintenance?
Since you seem to want to work for free so much.
Yea, but I want more to see the dilution stop, don't I say that is the precondition.

wow, you mentioned ChinaShares. At the AGS time, How much money did 3I collected from chinese investor ? 
without that I doubt  bts can even achieve version 2.0
When you see BM change the rule again and again,  When you see the bts price lower and lower,
When you see  people around the community left,  Why I can't here to against the Worker mechanism.

I am not the paid worker,  so I can't have the different voices? I am still a shareholder here.