Author Topic: Looking for help with Social Media  (Read 6231 times)

Offline fuzzy

For the record, there is this largely unused, but potentially very useful LinkedIn group, which I currently administer:
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8267145

We are currently 59 members, strong but largely silent types, so far.  I'd be happy for any and all community participation in the group and consider it a BitShares community social media asset.

Also, consider that LinkedIn is a largely unexplored realm for reaching fresh eyes with the business potential of BitShares.

Example: Let's go search all posts on LinkedIn for any mentioning the word 'Blockchain' in the title.
Ok, There are 272 posts which fit this criteria in the last week.  Comment, share, post, repeat. :)

Also, who controls 'bitshares' on Instagram?  I'd like to contribute to our Instagram feed, and I would be good at creative bitshares / crypto related images and connecting with other people on Instagram.  Since my photo is already up there, maybe that qualifies me. ;)

i love the idea.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
For the record, there is this largely unused, but potentially very useful LinkedIn group, which I currently administer:
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8267145

We are currently 59 members, strong but largely silent types, so far.  I'd be happy for any and all community participation in the group and consider it a BitShares community social media asset.

Also, consider that LinkedIn is a largely unexplored realm for reaching fresh eyes with the business potential of BitShares.

Example: Let's go search all posts on LinkedIn for any mentioning the word 'Blockchain' in the title.
Ok, There are 272 posts which fit this criteria in the last week.  Comment, share, post, repeat. :)

Also, who controls 'bitshares' on Instagram?  I'd like to contribute to our Instagram feed, and I would be good at creative bitshares / crypto related images and connecting with other people on Instagram.  Since my photo is already up there, maybe that qualifies me. ;)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I would be more than happy to let Bunker and Fuzzy share this role.  Any objections?

2 fantastic choices.
+1 ..

how about moving control of bitshares.org over to someone else aswell?
What's the good time to move control of BitShares Github (code, release etc) over to the community? That would be a milestone of BitShares.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Hootsuite is OK.. I just think there are better tools that do the same thing available. One thing I don't care for about Hootsuite is how you end up advertising to everyone that you are using it.

Soon as I see social media that I can tell was posted using Hootsuite I immediately feel disengaged/one step removed from whom ever it is with because I don't know if I am just looking at some scheduled post from a slew of others in a campaign.

If there is money to spend it should be in facebook/twitter/google/reddit campaigns with measured results.

There are other things to get sorted out first.

I have to disagree data. I think you're referring to the url shortener? You can add your own. it's an important tool and you absolutely have to measure the impact of tweets and such.

You may not like it, but if your tweets are interesting users won't care about a link or the destination of a tweet.

get a cool domain like bitshar.es, add it to bitly as custom domain and add your bitly acc to hootsuite.

I do this with favd.xyz for example

just my opinion, but if you feel uncomfortable doing social media, better step away from this position.

No it's not just the URL shortener... everything is already setup with bit.ly anyways so that is not an issue.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Hootsuite is OK.. I just think there are better tools that do the same thing available. One thing I don't care for about Hootsuite is how you end up advertising to everyone that you are using it.

Soon as I see social media that I can tell was posted using Hootsuite I immediately feel disengaged/one step removed from whom ever it is with because I don't know if I am just looking at some scheduled post from a slew of others in a campaign.

If there is money to spend it should be in facebook/twitter/google/reddit campaigns with measured results.

I have to disagree data. I think you're referring to the url shortener? You can add your own. it's an important tool and you absolutely have to measure the impact of tweets and such.

You may not like it, but if your tweets are interesting users won't care about a link or the destination of a tweet.

get a cool domain like bitshar.es, add it to bitly as custom domain and add your bitly acc to hootsuite.

I do this with favd.xyz for example

just my opinion, but if you feel uncomfortable doing social media, better step away from this position.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 11:53:33 am by fav »

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

1. get hootsuite premium
2. add members

one of the best pro tools for social media management

+5% +5% +5% I've used it with others. It WORKS

1. get hootsuite premium
2. add members

we could use enterprise and add people on that way

Best thing to do IF the funds are there and a clear goal for the media assets are defined.
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline fuzzy

1. get hootsuite premium
2. add members

we could use enterprise and add people on that way

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
1. get hootsuite premium
2. add members

I support the suggestions thus far.  I think I'm too new to be on the committee, but would like to contribute links, articles and such to the social media venues.

That's great.. you don't need to be on the committee to contribute.

PM me and you can add me to facebook or twitter or whatever you prefer.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline chamber

• View Profile
I support the suggestions thus far.  I think I'm too new to be on the committee, but would like to contribute links, articles and such to the social media venues. 

Offline fuzzy

@bytemaster
I think the best case scenario is to have the committee own these and have a few select people be able to post from them. such as @fuzzy @BunkerChain Labs @Chris4210  and myself.
This is to make sure the content stays neutral.

I currently control the proper twitter and facebook handles which I acquired from someone who was using them for bitcoin posts.
I paid $2800 to acquire and would like to find a way to recover these funds and then transfer ownership to the comittee.

Jonny, great news.  I agree the committee should have control and think it is worthwhile for you to be reimbursed.   We just need someone to post on a daily basis and keep the users engaged.

I have a plan I am writing up that I think you guys will like :)

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
@bytemaster
I think the best case scenario is to have the committee own these and have a few select people be able to post from them. such as @fuzzy @BunkerChain Labs @Chris4210  and myself.

I currently control the proper twitter and facebook handles which I acquired from someone who was using them for bitcoin posts.
I paid $2800 to acquire and would like to find a way to recover these funds and then transfer ownership to the comittee.

Jonny, great news.  I agree the committee should have control and think it is worthwhile for you to be reimbursed.   We just need someone to post on a daily basis and keep the users engaged.

I think a team effort among these 4 particular people would be great.  Also, in order to engage the widest possible audience, it would be nice if we could get additional contribution from folks in different countries/languages, especially China.

Offline bytemaster

@bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
@bytemaster

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 07:14:54 pm by JonnyBitcoin »
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares