Author Topic: 224,201 BROWNIE.PTS up for donations  (Read 14345 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
How about this: Instead of simply transfer the BROWNIE.PTS to you guys which makes the available supply go up quite a bit and benefit only whoever got lucky and is on his computer when i actually transfer them.. how about I create some vesting balances for those that want their brownies.pts? Everyone would get a vesting balance pre-filled with their corresponding amount of brownies and ready to be claimed linearily over .. say 90 days. That would make them fully claimable by 1. August.

Actually, I like that idea so much that I might just do it that way .. since you get gifted in any case .. you may not even care ..

Thoughts?

Offline EstefanTT

I propose giving some of them to Fox for helping Bitshares get into Microsoft Azure.  (Yeah, its true that the pump didnt last, but at lest it served two useful functions: Bitshares accessibility is increased buy being on Azure, and the short term pump by being one of the first coins on there resulted in a lot of BTS being transferred from old disgruntled bagholders to new buyers, some of whom hopefully will help it to grow).

Absolutely. Well, there are so many deserving contributors, Fox definately being one! I'm happy to move my pledge of half my brownies to @Fox . thank you @xeroc
IIRC I already sent a bunch of them his way.

Great!  They were well deserved.

Anyway, while we are on the topic of brownies:

Back last summer there was talk of sharedrops onto BTS and Brownies, for projects like Identabit. 
Did those ever happen?  Or a snapshot for them taken?
I'm also interested about the evolution of Identabit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

that have more than 300 posts

Man I screwed the pooch rage quitting my account. ;)

Same boat. But I wasn't going to say anything.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I propose giving some of them to Fox for helping Bitshares get into Microsoft Azure.  (Yeah, its true that the pump didnt last, but at lest it served two useful functions: Bitshares accessibility is increased buy being on Azure, and the short term pump by being one of the first coins on there resulted in a lot of BTS being transferred from old disgruntled bagholders to new buyers, some of whom hopefully will help it to grow).

Absolutely. Well, there are so many deserving contributors, Fox definately being one! I'm happy to move my pledge of half my brownies to @Fox . thank you @xeroc

Great!  They were well deserved.

Anyway, while we are on the topic of brownies:

Back last summer there was talk of sharedrops onto BTS and Brownies, for projects like Identabit. 
Did those ever happen?  Or a snapshot for them taken? 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Lol, fair enough. Just as long as you know your posts are very much appreciated......old and new  :D

Offline Tuck Fheman

@Tuck Fheman you can have half of any brownies destined for me.  @xeroc

:D

I appreciate the offer, but I will just send them back.

I hate being rewarded for stupidity, it only encourages more of it.  ;)

I especially don't want someone else to suffer due to my mistake, that would just make it worse.

Thanks though!

#sharebits "Ben Mason" 1000 FISTBUMP

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

@Tuck Fheman you can have half of any brownies destined for me.  @xeroc

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
I agree with the bounties idea.

The things that need to be done can be listed and people can 'bid' for how cheaply they are willing to do the things.

Offline Tuck Fheman

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian

With half of the BROWNIE.PTS, I would give about 0.7 BROWNIE.PTS per

What to do with the other half? Suggestions?

• Some of these 'extra' brownies could be distributed to mirror the proportions of those which were distributed as a result of bytemaster's original brownie announcement post. This would be like a bonus top-up for people who have already proved helpful.
  • Or, similarly, some could be sharedropped on people who currently hold brownies (and therefore value them right now and have put time or money in at some point).
  • Sell them and put the money back into the blockchain
  • Offer them as bounties (as @EstefanTT  has already suggested)
  • Start a thread similar to bytemaster's original brownies announcement offering people the chance to appeal for brownies for contributions they've made since bytemaster's distribution

@xeroc - is there a deadline for getting these distributed? The answer to this affects the options for distribution (but also may leak information by allowing us to infer stuff!)...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Just because people have not been active in the last weeks, doesn't mean they shouldn't get brownies .. see for instance @baozi, how certainly deserves some.
Also, since many users don't necessarily have the forum handle=btsaccount, I need to send a pm to all of them anyway. I expect those that are inactive not not tell me a bts account ..
I will not just send brownies to abandoned accounts.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Interesting. There are people in that list that haven't posted here in a very long while, perhaps that should be taken into account as well. In doing so it also should be considered what the quality of such "dormant" accounts were when they were active.

That probably means that they will not notice their brownies either... So from one side it will be good for brownies value since they will remain... VESTED BROWNIES   ;D