Author Topic: Move Bitsharestalk to Steemit?  (Read 16912 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Keep it here unless/until the two merge their features somehow.

EDIT: I have gained enough experience now with STEEM to know that it works very well. While I opposed moving the forum there before, I now would support such a move, if that is what the community decides. It would provide more synergy and reward the people who are still active on this forum. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:20:26 am by donkeypong »

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
Yes correct, nearly all of my BTS is vesting. ( Though I'm actually in favour of ending the merger early and losing that BTS because I believe it would be in the best interests of BTS.) I've also said once we get to the end of this awful merger I believe BTS could go from strength and to strength & will probably be accumulating a much larger position closer to that stage.

However I wish you guys with interest in other projects luck, but I'm personally not a fan of having them promoted in the general BTS discussion area. BTS and this forum has been built up over a few years, it's a great asset as is the platform. Perhaps if Steem gains some traction over the next 6-12 months some synergistic relationships may be warranted.

However atm it's the equivalent of suggesting moving Bitcointalk.org over to Banx/XRP/ (Some other fairly centralized/new/small possibly competing blockchain forum.)

Sure it can happen sometime down the rode, but it seems to make sense to start the discussion sooner than later.  I have a feeling gradually people will move over for the convenience and the reward potential.  Perhaps it will naturally happen anyways. The Steemit platform can work for many ecosystems, but I think it's perfect for BTS for many reasons. 

Bad idea. A better idea would be to build Steemit into OpenLedger so instead of the Trollbox we can also have the forums within the exchange itself. It makes no sense to not promote the exchange. Why communicate here or try to bring Bitshares over to Steemit?

There is some overlap with BTS, but Steemit is very different overall.  It's more complementary and is very useful for discussion, not exchanging crypto assets like BTS.   It's more like a blockchain social network or Reddit that can make blockchain technology mainstream.

Wht not move Steemit    to Bitsharestalk ?

You could mirror the steem blockchain at bitsharestalk.org.  That would be a fine idea.

Yeah another approach could be to retheme a BTS forum on the Steemit blockchain perhaps?  I think it may be easier to just move gradually over time.  Anyways it's good to hear people's thoughts on the matter.
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
BitShares is a great platform with a great community that is only 5 months away from ending a hugely expensive merger.

Trying to be polite and not criticize it too much, but at this nascent stage I would say Steem probably shouldn't even have a third party project place on this forum.

Good luck to those taking part but please give it a few months as you risk dragging down a great project like BTS unnecessarily if that project ends up failing. (9/10 new businesses do)

I hope this gets moved to random discussion as we don't need a Steem/BTS discussion at this stage and/or give a non share-dropped platform unnecessary exposure.

Haven't you repeatedly said that you sold off all of your non-vesting stake in BitShares long ago? I have come to suspect the motivation behind your comments.

Some of us have had our eyes open for some time now and don't want to follow the latest Larimer... wherever or whenever that may be.

Good luck with Steemit but as AFAIK it has nothing to do with Bitshares. We may hear otherwise, but frankly I've heard too much over the past couple of years to give any credibility to certain factions. I feel like I still have a lot of egg on my face after the way I interacted with ABL. (Although he had a lot of bad ideas himself)

Steemit is like the weakest usecase for a blockchain.  It has nothing to do with transparency or being anti-censorship or any other high-minded goals.

The social contract..oh wait.. CONSENSUS has been broken.  If Steemit wanted our support, they should have shown it by their actions.

Realistically it is up to the people who post where they post. I won't be touching Steemit (which probably means it'll turn into gold...) The core group of Bitshares might though.

I am like Empirical. I don't care to criticize too much, but when I see people questioning Empircal's motives I really think they have far too many biases to view this objectively. He was with me at the end of AGS and putting a lot of effort into pushing Bitshares on  bitcointalk. More than anyone else. All that was completely thrown away. Lessons have been learned after repeated reinforcement.

Seriously, what little I have seen about Steemit makes the whole thing sound sketchy.  Playing marketcap games.  You guys just give up on having Bitshares keep its remaining integrity?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:32:31 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Wht not move Steemit    to Bitsharestalk ?

You could mirror the steem blockchain at bitsharestalk.org.  That would be a fine idea.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
Why not move Steemit    to Bitsharestalk or Bitcointalk ?

+5%
Prove it. Either integrate Steemit into Bitshares or it's just another competitor.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:31:59 am by ebit »
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Great idea.  I think we should move as much discussion as possible over to steemit.  I don't think it risks hurting bts at all if steem doesn't catch on.  We would just have to find another home for our forum. 

If you would like to try out steem you can now register for free if you link your facebook account.  go to steemit.com and click create account in the upper right hand corner.  If you prefer to not link your facebook account, or would just like to pay for an account I have instruction up at steemit.com/steemhelp/@dele-puppy/register-bot

I need to update the instructions as some minor things have changed, but they will still work.  Send me a PM if you have any issues.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

BitShares is a great platform with a great community that is only 5 months away from ending a hugely expensive merger.

Trying to be polite and not criticize it too much, but at this nascent stage I would say Steem probably shouldn't even have a third party project place on this forum.

Good luck to those taking part but please give it a few months as you risk dragging down a great project like BTS unnecessarily if that project ends up failing. (9/10 new businesses do)

I hope this gets moved to random discussion as we don't need a Steem/BTS discussion at this stage and/or give a non share-dropped platform unnecessary exposure.

Haven't you repeatedly said that you sold off all of your non-vesting stake in BitShares long ago? I have come to suspect the motivation behind your comments.

Yes correct, nearly all of my BTS is vesting. ( Though I'm actually in favour of ending the merger early and losing that BTS because I believe it would be in the best interests of BTS.) I've also said once we get to the end of this awful merger I believe BTS could go from strength and to strength & will probably be accumulating a much larger position closer to that stage.

However I wish you guys with interest in other projects luck, but I'm personally not a fan of having them promoted in the general BTS discussion area. BTS and this forum has been built up over a few years, it's a great asset as is the platform. Perhaps if Steem gains some traction over the next 6-12 months some synergistic relationships may be warranted.

However atm it's the equivalent of suggesting moving Bitcointalk.org over to Banx/XRP/ (Some other fairly centralized/new/small possibly competing blockchain forum.)

The anti-delutionist faction made further development of BitShares virtually impossible. Steem has opened up once more a way to get funding to BitShares developers to work on this project (ask Fuzzy, ask kenCode, ask roadscape). In fact, if you take an open minded look, I think you would find that the synergies are quite remarkable.

Additionally, bitsharestalk.org is not owned by the community but by Bitsaphire who have not appeared to be actively involved in BitShares for a very long time. The founders and many of the participants of Steem are passionate about BitShares.

Prove it. Either integrate Steemit into Bitshares or it's just another competitor.

Are you offering to pay for integration? I didn't think so.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

The anti-delutionist faction made further development of BitShares virtually impossible. Steem has opened up once more a way to get funding to BitShares developers to work on this project (ask Fuzzy, ask kenCode, ask roadscape). In fact, if you take an open minded look, I think you would find that the synergies are quite remarkable.

Additionally, bitsharestalk.org is not owned by the community but by Bitsaphire who have not appeared to be actively involved in BitShares for a very long time. The founders and many of the participants of Steem are passionate about BitShares.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Bad idea. A better idea would be to build Steemit into OpenLedger so instead of the Trollbox we can also have the forums within the exchange itself. It makes no sense to not promote the exchange. Why communicate here or try to bring Bitshares over to Steemit?

Offline onceuponatime

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline onceuponatime

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 09:21:09 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
Discuss moving the Bitsharestalk.org forum over to Steemit (From Steemit post)

Hey all. As we can all see the Steemit platorm is progressing well and many of us are excited about the great potential. There may have been some disappointment that Bytemaster shifted his focus to Steemit instead of Bitshares, but over time I think more and more in the Bitshares community will discover how the success of Steemit can be a great boon for the Bitshares community. Most people here are from Bitshares anyway so might as well bring everyone else over and work together to make both projects reach its full potential!

Here are some of the top reasons to move:

1. Steemit Is A Great Platform for Forum Discussion.
It’s easy to read, has great UI/UX, has collapsable threads and more. There is already discussion of moving the Bitsharestalk forum to use new software. I liked Bitsharestalk because of the familiarity, great discussion and memories, but there is a time and place for everything and I think it’s a perfect time to be reborn on the Steemit platform.

2. Synergy
Bytemaster invented and is vested in both Steemit and Bitshares. The success of either will enhance the other. The Bitshares decentralized exchange is a natural bridge/gateway/exchange platform for STEEM and STEEM dollars to trade with all the many other cryptocurrencies out there!

3. Working Together As A Team
First off, it’s far more convenient to use one forum than go back and forth between the two to read the same content. We will be diluting our time, resources and efforts using two forums. Again many of us STEEMers are from Bitshares anyways. Oftentimes independent-minded individuals like many of those in the Bitshares community like to do their own thing and that’s great, but many other times it’s better and necessary to work together as a team. I think this is one of those times.

4. Replacement for Bitshares Worker Proposals
It was extremely difficult funding Bitshares projects with the DAO for a variety of reasons, but Steemit allows Bitshares contributors to be rewarded for a wide range of projects and even just valuable ideas!
Just look at the potential for Bitshares-related projects here:
BlockTrades
SmartcoinPOS
BeyondBitcoin Hangouts

…and we’re just getting started! Steemit can be a large part of the funding mechanism we’ve been looking for all along to foster and grow the Bitshares ecosystem!

So what say you Bitshares community?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 09:42:21 pm by merivercap »
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)