Author Topic: The DAO price discussion thread.  (Read 16208 times)

chryspano

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey abit, here are the results of your tips...
  • tonyk: has been credited 1 THUMBSUP
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebit.cubeconnex.com and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
pssst .. you forgot your caps lock ..
sorry xeroc, I little bit excited
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
pssst .. you forgot your caps lock ..

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
I don't remember anyone losing money in bts1 from any coding bug..and by the way we are in bts2 now..You can't compare completely different things..and it appears that someone has hacked DAO and is dumping millions on the market..I don't remember ever to have happened to bts something like that..

In any case, if we don't advertise the DEX in situation like this then how do you ever expect bts to rise? Come on people..Show some positivity for once...

No need to wait anything more from bts for your financial freedom. bts is ready. We only need to attract more people to learn about bts now.

WILLIAM WALLACE SOMETIME IN THE PAST SHOUT

BTSSSSSSSSS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
HOLY SHIT MAN 50% crash!

MY DREAM IF BTS COULD DO THE SAME I WOULD BE A GOOOOD HOLDER

Offline karnal

• View Profile
In fact .. who ever "hacked" the DAO is NOT dumping because the funds he gained are in (that's what I heard) in a mini DAO that doesn't release the funds until in a few days or so ..

It appears ethereum is going to hardfork over this ..

Sounds like TheDAO is too big to fail.

Where have we seen this before?

Confidence in ethereum will be lost if the hardfork is accepted imo.
People invested in TheDAO, it's an experimental concept, and likely 99.999% of investors did not read the contract source code.

Personally, it seems ludicrous to me that the whole ethereum network should hardfork to compensate these lazy investors.
It was an experiment, and it likely failed.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I don't remember anyone losing money in bts1 from any coding bug..and by the way we are in bts2 now..You can't compare completely different things..and it appears that someone has hacked DAO and is dumping millions on the market..I don't remember ever to have happened to bts something like that..

In any case, if we don't advertise the DEX in situation like this then how do you ever expect bts to rise? Come on people..Show some positivity for once...

No need to wait anything more from bts for your financial freedom. bts is ready. We only need to attract more people to learn about bts now.

I mean computer program is always safe until it's not .
In BTS1.0 , there were significant BTS at that time was created from thin air due to that bug , by a "white hat", Angle account had to burned the same amount just to fix the total supply .

And in BTS2.0 , there are no this kind of bug yet (until someone find another ) .

Especially for a small community , bugs are hard to find and notice .

By the way again , BTS1.0 had a significant bug that cost people millions of BTS when they were transferring BTS while their fee went up to the roof like millions of BTS per transaction.  People lost money , and I heard that the dev pay them back with their development fund .

I don't recommend you to pretend that this system is all safe while others could fail . This could fail as well . It's the nature of computer program .

Just because you brought something and want it to be successful , that doesn't mean you should remove people's risk awareness .
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:16:29 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
In fact .. who ever "hacked" the DAO is NOT dumping because the funds he gained are in (that's what I heard) in a mini DAO that doesn't release the funds until in a few days or so ..

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Everyone should go on Polo troll box and explain to people why such attacks cannot happen to bts, advertise the DEX and the importance of a decentralized exchange.

it can happened to BTS and it has happened in BTS1.0  .

Coding bug happens .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Everyone should go on Polo troll box and explain to people why such attacks cannot happen to bts, advertise the DEX and the importance of a decentralized exchange.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Someone is attacking DAO: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheDao/comments/4ohwgu/one_of_the_whales_has_split_from_the_dao/

The DAO ETH Balance was 11,599,353.25 Ether 24 hours ago with a total Token Supply of 1,159,931,811.69 TheDAO, now there is currently only 8,914,536.17 Ether with a total Token Supply: 1,159,813,810.27 TheDAO.

So 118001.42 tokens has split with 2684817.08 Eth? 22.75 Eth per DAO token? Can someone explain?
Someone is draining the DAO using recursive splitDAO calls
It is according to slack. Someone is stealing like $1.000.000 worth of ether a minute

Offline gamey

• View Profile
But it's not fair. Mommy, it's not fair. That mean man won't let me get wealthy without work, creativity, or risk. It's not fair. Doesn't he know who I am? I am a MINER. Mommy! I'm an INVESTOR. Mommy!
********************************************************************************************

The following was released by Bytemaster well before the steem mining began:

How to Launch a Crypto Currency Legally while Raising Funds

"Perhaps the Bitcoin Communities cultural regulations are a blessing in disguise. By intentionally violating every one of their expectations you can minimize your token’s value at launch while still legally mining a token for minimal cost."

"You just need thick skin and the ability to ignore the Bitcoin pharisees and the angry mob they incite to nail you to a cross for failing to sacrifice your creation to the prevailing mining gods."
http://bytemaster.github.io/article/2016/03/27/How-to-Launch-a-Crypto-Currency-Legally-while-Raising-Funds/

**********************************************************************************************

Sometimes the stench of entitlement around here is just nauseating. Yeah I'm looking at you.

What is the point of this whole project except to leverage the crypto-currency DAC model to create tokens to resell.  The whole thing is distasteful. I don't care, but then I read/hear the dev talking about how BitShares users should go over there!!  Why!?  To tarnish Bitshares even more?  To move BitShares as a project so it has its main forum as a sub-forum of some platform with no real reason to think will particularly succeed. The devs are/were to greedy. The math behind the whole thing is too sketchy to even bother to figure out.

Look at the volume vs capsize. Blah blah. It has little to do with being unfair or entitlement or anything else. Is it entitlement to expect Bytemaster to do what he said he'd do etc ?

BTW @chryspano this thread was going fine and I was defending BitShares the project against btswildpig to some degree. There are no weird motives going but yes this thread has become something else. I'm not going to plead to keep it on subject. Would we be better making a big 'whats wrong with steemit' thread?

Honestly the worst part is how the upvote/downvote are stake weighted. Don't even get me started...  that is a hard problem, but this solution is not an improvement for users. Stake weighted downvoting given all we know seems horrible but I'll leave it to the reader..
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 06:05:14 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

chryspano

Listing the unique miners present at launch is a further effort attempt at implying a wide, fair, distributed launch but given they secured 80% of the initial Steem for themselves, (so presumably many of those miners were the same entity/other) could be viewed as a further attempt to mislead/misrepresent.

If you have some FACTS besides your tin foil hat theories I would like to hear/see them.

Not sure if this particular version of events is true but I think this is the gist of the allegation regarding how they made the mining deliberately difficult...

Here's how they did it:

First, they did a typical instamine/flashmine/freemine scam (yes scam) where they released

(1) no compiled wallets
(2) no instructions to build
(3) incomplete and inaccurate instructions to mine

This wasn't bad enough. After the first 12 or so hours of mining, all their miners crashed, exposing that they were mining to 100 different witnesses to hide the fact that they (he) was one entity. The devs wouldn't have been caught except that their mining instructions were wrong, and no one else was mining because, even if they couldn't get the client to build, they entered mining commands that caused them to get no blocks. The devs will claim this isn't on purpose, but check the original thread. You'll see that no one mined a block when the dev's miners were down.

Then, as I have stated many times, when their miners crashed again, I mined a significant amount of steem that night in their absence. To prevent my vesting that and driving the price of vests up on them, they relaunched to ensure COMPLETE CONTROL AND CENTRALIZATION.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1427230.0

(OP alleges they were exposed as mining to many different witnesses but being one entity in the initial launch and if true it's likely they followed a similiar modus operandi in the relaunch & is also why they were able to secure 80% of the initial Steem.)

I will just leave smooth's reply here, It's in the same thread you quoted and it surprises me that you missed this.

Saying they were trying to "cover the fact" that they were mining a lot seems wrong since they said they were doing it (see below), and although they had lots of different miner names, the names were mostly of the form steamit99. It wasn't hidden at all.
Post #3 on the thread:

Accounts:
root, admin, administrator, steem, any, moderator, and unknown plus anything starting with steemit are our own mining efforts.

Those were all highly visible, as the code displayed the name of every miner when they solved a block (this has apparently since been turned off). It was easy to see they were mining most of the blocks.

You have to take Eclipse Dev's comments in the right context. I think he was both FUDding to discourage participation and just plain trolling.

And one comment on this one...
"The reasoning behind not having windows binaries is that the devs continue to use their insider knowledge to fuck over the community.

So far we were used the other way, "the community"(aka miners) to f@ck the developers, how dare they to reverse the roles?
But here is the solution!!!! Windows binaries are not enought! every future coin from now on must have an extensive windows guide from the moment you power on your PC, downloading and installing applications in windows can be quite difficult for some "community members", its also unfair to exclude those people from mining! isn't it?