Author Topic: Imporant! Please Participate!  (Read 2583 times)

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline onceuponatime

thanks for the plug, @fuzzy! I just noticed this...

@cylonmaker2053

https://steemit.com/bitshares/@cylonmaker2053/the-first-university-bitshares-competition-fina-469-uofsc
onceuponatime  ·  52 minutes ago
If you give me your bts address I will donate to you 10 bitSILVER to be distributed:
5 bitSILVER for first place
3 bitSILVER for second place
2 bitSILVER for third place

that's very generous, thank you! My goal with this project is to get other profs in the department to do the same thing with their much larger classes. Generous donations like this from the community just make the case even better.

also, my Bitshares address: cylonmaker2053

Sent.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

@cylonmaker2053

https://steemit.com/bitshares/@cylonmaker2053/the-first-university-bitshares-competition-fina-469-uofsc
If you give me your bts address I will donate to you 10 bitSILVER to be distributed:

that's very generous, thank you! My goal with this project is to get other profs in the department to do the same thing with their much larger classes. Generous donations like this from the community just make the case even better.

also, my Bitshares address: cylonmaker2053

Offline onceuponatime

@cylonmaker2053

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
Now we are talking!

Upvoted

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline fuzzy

I have a small list of requests for everyone...that I think you will all appreciate greatly.  This person is obviously a scholar, a teacher and financial guru....and he is introducing bitshares and steemit to his classes! if this catches on...it could be (you guessed it) HUGE!

1)  Please upvote the following post on steemit:
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@cylonmaker2053/integrating-steemit-and-bitshares-into-an-investments-course-i-m-teaching#comments
2) Then please upvote my comment asking him to RSVP to our hangout 
3) Ask him to RSVP for our hangout so he can talk about his class and how he is including bitshares and steem in it.
4) Post the link to your request here and ask us all to upvote it!

Thanks everyone :D

Here is a quote from his post:
I’m teaching an Intro to Investments course at my university and plan on integrating both Steemit and Bitshares into the curriculum. The plan is to have each student create a Steemit account and base part of the participation grade on their interactions in the #finance, #economics, or #investing tagged posts. The goal is to get them actively thinking about current events and contributing to a thoughtful community discussion.

The plan with using Bitshares is to give each student about 10 USD worth of BTS, have them set up accounts on OpenLedger, and instigate a trading contest. I’ll have them run through some basic exercises, like borrowing smartcoins, playing market maker, and taking directional bets on whatever assets they find interesting.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 04:32:49 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D