Author Topic: Steemit's Plan  (Read 17080 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Thanks and all of that makes sense to me. My question is HOW any of these directly benefits BTS. Unless i misunderstood BMs post, i think he was saying that Steemit would create their own smartcoins and UIAs  and not the Bitshares ones.

I don't know anything about what is really going to happen in regards to that post, but take note that those things talked about while they did not mention Bitshares, they were spoken of immediately after describing what a sidechain can do.

Just say'en.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@Shentist I couldn't say it better mate.you nailed it. I completely agree with everything you said and I feel exactly the same way as you. I think that in the end steemit will just fail. Steem dollars will be worth dollars the same way nubits equal to dollars...20-30% below but who pays attention anyway..free money for everyone lol... Bitshares got dumped, brownies are worthless but random (and maybe fake people) introduce themselves in steemit and earn steempower and steem dollars..make sense..lol..
having said that, bitshares is still awesome and still has lots of potential..Everyone can follow the path he choses in this life and apparently some people just give up on their promises very easily.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
FWIW- Dan first proposed most of the things he is doing in Steem here to the Bitshares community. You guys cut off his funding for said proposals- stating they were either unnecessary or declaring that inflation for development/improvements = bad. It is kind of the Bitshares' community's fault he has moved on from Bitshares to Steem. An employee must get paid for his work, or else he will look elsewhere for an employer that will pay him for working. Failure to see that to make a few dollars you have to spend a few dollars is entirely on the Bitshares' community. Short term greed stymied Bitshares and will be its eventual downfall.

No one cut off his funding.  Dan never even created a worker proposal.  Total bullshit saying that BTS won't pay for any development as there are 2 workers being paid already.

I wouldn't say Total BS.  It was clear that, no matter how many proposals we wasted time on in the prevailing anti-dilution environment, there would not be enough near-term funding to sustain The Team from only the BTS oil well.  Hence the imperative to drill more.  The problem with being forced to start drilling is that, once you strike oil somewhere, you tend to get a little distracted.   

:)

Note that Cryptonomex is still drilling several more wells, for the exact same reason. 
Every one of those would directly benefit BTS if we hit a gusher.

@Stan:

Thanks and all of that makes sense to me. My question is HOW any of these directly benefits BTS. Unless i misunderstood BMs post, i think he was saying that Steemit would create their own smartcoins and UIAs  and not the Bitshares ones. 

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
@CoinHorder

Stealth - rejected because it was not considered important enough and because of dilution
- not true! FBA funded from Onceuponatime, but he got his money back, because they could not deliver what was promised

Subsidizing Liquidity - rejected because of dilution and some thought it should be done off-chain
- where can i read this? never saw a worker proposal for this

Decentralized Bond Market - rejected because people thought other things were more important
- not true! was original promised as BTS 2.0 was advertised but got cutted because of time.

to get you my perspective

1. we got forced into a merger and Follow my Vote got a lot of free shares for using bitshares - so where is this promised Follow my vote using bitshares?????
2. we got stripped of 10% for every chain who is using bitshares - because of the merger.
3. the community agreed to it because we wanted to keep bytemaster

so now he worked in secret on a new project and sold most of his bitshares

now, tell me who scammed the community.

as a matter of fact, i am pissed, because everything Larimers are spreading is fud in the end.

In the end the Graphene Kit got MIT because Dan wanted to start his own baby without giving anything to CNI his own company.  It is so sad, to see this.

The good part on Steem, only fanboys are on this platform and you can read a lot how to make big bugs out of sin air.

So CoinHorder don't give the community the hot potato, because we got forced in 2 years to many thing who where not promised but where needed to keep
everyone on board and now they left in secret.....sorry that i feel betrayed.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
FWIW- Dan first proposed most of the things he is doing in Steem here to the Bitshares community. You guys cut off his funding for said proposals- stating they were either unnecessary or declaring that inflation for development/improvements = bad. It is kind of the Bitshares' community's fault he has moved on from Bitshares to Steem. An employee must get paid for his work, or else he will look elsewhere for an employer that will pay him for working. Failure to see that to make a few dollars you have to spend a few dollars is entirely on the Bitshares' community. Short term greed stymied Bitshares and will be its eventual downfall.

No one cut off his funding.  Dan never even created a worker proposal.  Total bullshit saying that BTS won't pay for any development as there are 2 workers being paid already.

this. don't twist the facts please @CoinHoarder

Point is, no one "cut off" Dan's funding.  He never even tried to get funding from BTS via worker proposals.

You can't end something that never started.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Not this.  Don't abuse your power as a moderator @fav.  This is not a random discussion.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

chryspano

Dan never even created a worker proposal.

In beyond bitcoin hangouts he asked numerous times for people to keep voting for workers, the antidilutionists won, so lets let them "enjoy" their victory... but don't worry their "free workers" will deliver better work than the "greedy" ones lol

+5% to CoinHoarder

Last words of BM before "leaving" bitshares....    https://youtu.be/5JEGf2b7A90?t=1m33s  :P :P :P

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:38:11 pm by chryspano »

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile

The previous post and this one is just my perception (opinion), but I will elaborate a little more.

Of course he could of used his (and his group of insiders) voting power to vote in worker proposals, but towards the end of his participation in Bitshares he was getting a lot of flak for the amount of votes he wielded.

He then tried a more democratic approach by trying to seek the consensus of forum members, but he failed with every attempt. He failed to get funding and/or community backing for numerous proposals towards the end of his Bitshares participation:

Mutual Aid Societies - rejected due to it having nothing to do with the DEX
Stealth - rejected because it was not considered important enough and because of dilution
Subsidizing Liquidity - rejected because of dilution and some thought it should be done off-chain
Rate-Limited Free Transactions - held up for multiple reasons - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22307.msg290751.html#msg290751
Vesting Rewards - rejected
Decentralized Bond Market - rejected because people thought other things were more important

This is just a small list of what I was able to compile in about 5 minutes of digging.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

I wouldn't say Total BS.  It was clear that, no matter how many proposals we wasted time on in the prevailing anti-dilution environment, there would not be enough near-term funding to sustain The Team from only the BTS oil well.  Hence the imperative to drill more.  The problem with being forced to start drilling is that, once you strike oil somewhere, you tend to get a little distracted.   

:)

Note that Cryptonomex is still drilling several more wells, for the exact same reason. 
Every one of those would directly benefit BTS if we hit a gusher.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:17:57 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

+5% +5%  +5%

Indeed, a proposal was never even made in the first place, that's what got me disappointed. Quitting before trying.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:32:36 pm by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
calm down....if people gonna pay him for build what they want, why he shouldnt do it?

if Bitshares couldnt dominate descentralized exchange assets I wouldnt be here. As long there is orderbook n buyers for Bitshares there is funding n Bitshares can keep his position, n our position is strong, orderbook is enough n we can print money when shareholders wake up add to it partnerships openledger freedomledger blocktrades more other projects being build on graphene that we can match features needed to improve the software at much lower cost, thats enough for being sustainable.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:30:02 am by bitsharesbrazil »
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
this post is his official statement that he abonden bitshares and is building with steem all the things he promised for bitshares.

why should these planes drive anything to bitshares? they will code everything for steemit and not for bitshares. CNI made Graphene MIT
but Steemit is different you can not use the code without permission, so why do you think they did what they did?

Steem is a poisoned project because it started the wrong way.

This will help bitshares Zero!