Author Topic: Steemit's Plan  (Read 17075 times)

chryspano

This is madness!   :o :o :o

The DAO is in danger of being Steemed.  :D

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Subsidizing Liquidity - rejected because of dilution and some thought it should be done off-chain
To be honest, the original proposal made by Dan is not as good as he and some others expected. Same design got implemented on Steem already, as an experience, has been running for a week. The result, distribution of reward is highly manipulated as TonyK predicted, although spread is good at most time.

BitShares need stability. It's good that unproven features got tested on somewhere else first.

well... 20K USD per day  is a very nice return bot (even if you had to pay for the money you play trade with; even better in your case where you did not have to put them)

All that assuming you can cash out (at least several days of returns) before the new "most idiotic creation in crypto*" crash before our own "non-believing eyes"

*Steem beats NuBits by a wild margin of stupidity, imho... no matter what the indeed truly respected by me (and indeed expellant writer) donkeypong believes (or forces himself to believe)

I say we go back to Tony's original idea for BTS as "True Shares".   :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Subsidizing Liquidity - rejected because of dilution and some thought it should be done off-chain
To be honest, the original proposal made by Dan is not as good as he and some others expected. Same design got implemented on Steem already, as an experience, has been running for a week. The result, distribution of reward is highly manipulated as TonyK predicted, although spread is good at most time.

BitShares need stability. It's good that unproven features got tested on somewhere else first.

well... 20K USD per day  is a very nice return bot (even if you had to pay for the money you play trade with; even better in your case where you did not have to put them)

All that assuming you can cash out (at least several days of returns) before the new "most idiotic creation in crypto*" crash before our own "non-believing eyes"

*Steem beats NuBits by a wild margin of stupidity, imho... no matter what the indeed truly respected by me (and indeed expellant writer) donkeypong believes (or forces himself to believe)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 08:06:42 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Such FUD.  And who the hell cares if he owns 110%?!

Nobody who is earning STEEM backed USD or bitUSD, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 08:49:31 am by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

We have secured ~80% of the initial STEEM via mining.
80% before announcing, you gotta figure they added at least another 10% since that moment.

You guys don't even know what you are talking about! do you?

What do you mean by saying "80% before announcing"? I'm really curious! You know that the ANN thread is this one in BCT https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410943.0 don't you?

Other than that, you took a phrase out of context from a post and you added your own false assumptions, here is some of the information you deliberately omitted...
We have secured ~80% of the initial STEEM via mining. Our plan is to keep 20%, sell 20% to raise money, and give away 40% to attract users / referrers.

While we love the BitShares community, we believe we can get more eyes by keeping the discussion over on bitcointalk until our own forum launches.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410943.0
I will only answer questions on bitcointalk, so come visit us there.

But maybe you are an anti-dilutionist too and you believe only in the free work of others.

Thanks for reposting with the complete quote.

I don't understand where all this 'they are keeping 80-90% for themselves' came from when this was already posted long ago and I have always understood it as part of the whole roll out process.

There are several ways to do a startup, this is just one.. and probably was driven largely by circumstance.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

chryspano

80% before announcing, you gotta figure they added at least another 10% since that moment.

You guys don't even know what you are talking about! do you?

What do you mean by saying "80% before announcing"? I'm really curious! You know that the ANN thread is this one in BCT https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410943.0 don't you?

Other than that, you took a phrase out of context from a post and you added your own false assumptions, here is some of the information you deliberately omitted...
We have secured ~80% of the initial STEEM via mining. Our plan is to keep 20%, sell 20% to raise money, and give away 40% to attract users / referrers.

While we love the BitShares community, we believe we can get more eyes by keeping the discussion over on bitcointalk until our own forum launches.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410943.0
I will only answer questions on bitcointalk, so come visit us there.

But maybe you are an anti-dilutionist too and you believe only in the free work of others.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Not bad at all...

actually it's pretty bad for a coin that premined 90% of them .
In my experience , coins have that much premine would increase 100x in value at least .
Not sure why you insist on the 90% number while people repeatedly claim a way smaller percentage .. the quote kind of just proofs the fact that they dont have 90%

Not sure why you don't?

Offline Pheonike

Some ppl just can't see past their bitterness.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Not bad at all...

In my experience , coins have that much premine would increase 100x in value at least .
Not sure why you insist on the 90% number while people repeatedly claim a way smaller percentage .. the quote kind of just proofs the fact that they dont have 90%

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Not bad at all...

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

chryspano

Not bad at all...

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Get Rich Quick Steem

Waves, Lisk, Ethereum, Augur... every half-as-skilled-as-me dev was being thrown boatloads of money at, it was time for Dan to get his. Plain and simple. By owning 90% and selling it off, he can walk away anytime without being beholden to investors like he was with BTS.
I actually cant .. to sell his stake he needs to divest over 2 years while PUBLICLY showing that he is divesting over 2 years ..

Not if he implement worker scheme on STEEM and dilute it again and vote with his 90% vote.   
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Get Rich Quick Steem

Waves, Lisk, Ethereum, Augur... every half-as-skilled-as-me dev was being thrown boatloads of money at, it was time for Dan to get his. Plain and simple. By owning 90% and selling it off, he can walk away anytime without being beholden to investors like he was with BTS.
I actually cant .. to sell his stake he needs to divest over 2 years while PUBLICLY showing that he is divesting over 2 years ..

i am pretty sure all his accounts are public know "ironic out"

Offline Yao

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yao
  • GitHub: imYao
This is probably the best insight into where Steem may be going I've seen.
(I'm a Steem outsider, so I don't really know, but 178 Steemians upvoted this, so it must be on the mark.)

https://steemit.com/steemit/@andrarchy/steemit-vlog-why-steemit-is-the-tesla-motors-of-social-networks

Steem is pioneering a new way to bootstrap a digital currency platform.

But BitShares is already there, after one more pending Tesla style twist.
(Study the above video and then ponder what the BitShares equivalent might be.)

Their destinies lie along different paths using completely different bootstrap strategies.
And I think the world is plenty big enough for the both of us.

https://steemit.com/steem/@dan/steemit-s-evil-plan-for-cryptocurrency-world-domination
by @cylonmaker2053 in Steemit.com 1 day ago
Steemit should focus on continuously improving its social media function. Requirements creep often kills projects.
and my post:

That's right!
Focus on the special features of Steemit, develop quickly.

@dantheman @dan You can't forget this:
The development of BitShares should be a warning, I mean a lot of ideas at the beginning , such as bitSharesDNS, bitSharesX, bitSharesME, bitSharesLOTTO, bitSharesMUSIC, bitSharesVOTE and so on, later, the merger plan, almost all of them have been killed.

Now the consolidation project BitShares 2.0 is only to achieve the original version of the whitepaper.

说得对!
专注于 Steemit 的独特之处,快速发展。
BM (Steemit 上的马甲是:dantheman 和 dan)你不能忘了这一点:比特股的开发应该引以为戒,我的意思是当初的很多点子,比如 bitSharesDNS, bitSharesX, bitSharesME, bitSharesLOTTO, bitSharesMUSIC, bitSharesVOTE 等项目,后来的合并计划几乎把它们全干掉了。
现在合并后的主项目 BitShares 2.0 仅仅实现了原始版白皮书的功能。
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 03:46:25 pm by Yao »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Get Rich Quick Steem

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
This is probably the best insight into where Steem may be going I've seen.
(I'm a Steem outsider, so I don't really know, but 178 Steemians upvoted this, so it must be on the mark.)

https://steemit.com/steemit/@andrarchy/steemit-vlog-why-steemit-is-the-tesla-motors-of-social-networks

Steem is pioneering a new way to bootstrap a digital currency platform.

But BitShares is already there, after one more pending Tesla style twist.
(Study the above video and then ponder what the BitShares equivalent might be.)

Their destinies lie along different paths using completely different bootstrap strategies.
And I think the world is plenty big enough for the both of us.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Get Rich Quick Steem

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Problem I see is that in Dan's "steem world domination" post, he neglected to mention anything about bitshares. 
This is our job to do. If any crypto-newbie found Steemit today he is already aware about BitShares, Blockpay, Blocktrades and Openledger. Cheers!

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
FWIW- Dan first proposed most of the things he is doing in Steem here to the Bitshares community. You guys cut off his funding for said proposals- stating they were either unnecessary or declaring that inflation for development/improvements = bad. It is kind of the Bitshares' community's fault he has moved on from Bitshares to Steem. An employee must get paid for his work, or else he will look elsewhere for an employer that will pay him for working. Failure to see that to make a few dollars you have to spend a few dollars is entirely on the Bitshares' community. Short term greed stymied Bitshares and will be its eventual downfall.

No one cut off his funding.  Dan never even created a worker proposal.  Total bullshit saying that BTS won't pay for any development as there are 2 workers being paid already.

this. don't twist the facts please @CoinHoarder

Not this.  Don't abuse your power as a moderator @fav.  This is not a random discussion.

steem is an alternative currency and has nothing to do with bitshares. moved as usual

So a discussion of how Steem and BitShares complement/compete with each other in the coming months is not relevant?  Most of the posts in this thread seem to me to be more about Bitshares.

A discussion of how Steem and BitShares complement/compete with each other in the coming months is exactly whats needed. Its not a blame thing, hopefully steemit pulls bitshares up and we can employ things that are working over there. I'm not techie enough to understand how steem can benefit bts, thats why i think a discussion would be helpful.

The action on coinmarket cap for steem is deceiving.  The supply is increasing, but so far there has been very little trading going on.  Because of this it looks like Steems market cap is growing fast (because they are inflating the supply while no one can get out).  BM designed steem to show a huge market cap.  So far market cap is moving positive, but I doubt it is anywhere near high enough to where Dan expected it to be trading.

Once people start trading out of steem i'm guessing it will be a shit show.

the beautiful part is he could care less even if STEEM will be shit because he owns 90% of it so he can get a nice sum of money at whatever price STEEM would be and find another excuse about how STEEM can not pay him enough and go for anther project called ....Booyah ...

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
FWIW- Dan first proposed most of the things he is doing in Steem here to the Bitshares community. You guys cut off his funding for said proposals- stating they were either unnecessary or declaring that inflation for development/improvements = bad. It is kind of the Bitshares' community's fault he has moved on from Bitshares to Steem. An employee must get paid for his work, or else he will look elsewhere for an employer that will pay him for working. Failure to see that to make a few dollars you have to spend a few dollars is entirely on the Bitshares' community. Short term greed stymied Bitshares and will be its eventual downfall.

No one cut off his funding.  Dan never even created a worker proposal.  Total bullshit saying that BTS won't pay for any development as there are 2 workers being paid already.

Not this.  Don't abuse your power as a moderator @fav.  This is not a random discussion.

steem is an alternative currency and has nothing to do with bitshares. moved as usual

So a discussion of how Steem and BitShares complement/compete with each other in the coming months is not relevant?  Most of the posts in this thread seem to me to be more about Bitshares.

A discussion of how Steem and BitShares complement/compete with each other in the coming months is exactly whats needed. Its not a blame thing, hopefully steemit pulls bitshares up and we can employ things that are working over there. I'm not techie enough to understand how steem can benefit bts, thats why i think a discussion would be helpful.

The action on coinmarket cap for steem is deceiving.  The supply is increasing, but so far there has been very little trading going on.  Because of this it looks like Steems market cap is growing fast (because they are inflating the supply while no one can get out).  BM designed steem to show a huge market cap.  So far market cap is moving positive, but I doubt it is anywhere near high enough to where Dan expected it to be trading.

Once people start trading out of steem i'm guessing it will be a shit show.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
Problem I see is that in Dan's "steem world domination" post, he neglected to mention anything about bitshares.  Even after commentators said steem is "bts done right", he didn't refute that.  It seems like he is getting closer to creating a direct competitor to BTS, and this is after he said BTS and Steem are so far apart that they couldn't be competitors and that's why he could focus on Steem.

He could smooth many things over if he talked openly on how BTS and Steem would work together, instead of focusing solely on Steem.  People feel like they paid him (which they did via PTS/AGS/BTS.9/Brownies/DNS/BTS2.0) and got very little in return.  There were many promises, both technical and business, that were made..  One can argue that 80% of the technical ones were delivered, but nearly all the business development promises have fallen flat.

Well said. Agreed.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Problem I see is that in Dan's "steem world domination" post, he neglected to mention anything about bitshares.  Even after commentators said steem is "bts done right", he didn't refute that.  It seems like he is getting closer to creating a direct competitor to BTS, and this is after he said BTS and Steem are so far apart that they couldn't be competitors and that's why he could focus on Steem.

He could smooth many things over if he talked openly on how BTS and Steem would work together, instead of focusing solely on Steem.  People feel like they paid him (which they did via PTS/AGS/BTS.9/Brownies/DNS/BTS2.0) and got very little in return.  There were many promises, both technical and business, that were made..  One can argue that 80% of the technical ones were delivered, but nearly all the business development promises have fallen flat. 

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
about 1~2 years ago , Stan always post pictures and and many people include me buy BTS at price $0.03.
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

OP wanted to discuss steem's roadmap it seems. I'd suggest to open a new thread discussing bts vs steem

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile

Agree with Stan here. Maybe we just need to change the thread title to something more BTS-related?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Why should Dan have dropped shares of his new STEEM DAO onto the Chinese BTS holders who would just continue to down vote his development ideas?

Dan is a dev

He can't do deving when there is no money.

He needed a new community that was supportive of dev funding, or he would not be working on anything.  This is just common sense.

I for one am glad that he found a community that supports his ideas, and being a cosmopolitan myself, I support many different communities.

BTC, BTS, STEEM, IOTA, WBB, PeerPlays, and all the teams who support these groups.  What communities do you support?

When said Dan sold investment scheme PTS/AGS, people have asked : what if in the future he doesn't sharedrop on it ?
And the answer was quite clear : He is a man with real identities ,  if he refuse to do so his reputation will be tainted and no one will ever invest in his future projects again .

That's the only reason that people will believe a stranger to pay for investment schemes that was just a whitepaper and some meme .

I didn't ask him to sharedrop on BTS.  I say he should've sharedrop on PTS/AGS now that the merger term have completed overturned just for fearing not doing so it would hurt his future project's reputation badly.

And I'm not asking him to do so now . I said , he didn't do it , and that speaks very highly of what he thinks the crypto world would accept just about any behavior .

You are right , he shouldn't do it . especially when he realize people like you thinks it's ok to do so .

DAN is NOT a developer . He is a business leader and he should keep his word with his business otherwise people will not do business with him (in a normal world at least) .And if he broke the promise and no one cares about it and still invest in his future projects , then the world is not normal, and he will do it all over again under different excuses like "now that i want to buy a boat and people won't support it "
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:15:45 pm by btswildpig »

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
Great plan +5%

Bitshares:Financial Services Hall
Steemit:   Business Center
Peerplays:Style Center
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:58:53 pm by ebit »
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Why should Dan have dropped shares of his new STEEM DAO onto the Chinese BTS holders who would just continue to down vote his development ideas?

Dan is a dev

He can't do deving when there is no money.

He needed a new community that was supportive of dev funding, or he would not be working on anything.  This is just common sense.

I for one am glad that he found a community that supports his ideas, and being a cosmopolitan myself, I support many different communities.

BTC, BTS, STEEM, IOTA, WBB, PeerPlays, and all the teams who support these groups.  What communities do you support?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Dan did offer every member of this forum a stake in STEEM: an early chance to mine it or begin posting and voting during its alpha and beta phases. I pooh-poohed it originally, but once I took the time to figure out what they had built, I was all in. Since then, I've made thousands of dollars posting and voting on good content. I've re-invested all of those profits into Steem Power, which virtually gives me a big stake in its continued future growth. It's still early over there, and there's plenty of time for you to get your "sharedrop" also. But you don't get it sitting on your ass; you have to work for it. As I understand it, Steemit is just part of the overall vision and BitShares can fulfill an important role in that plan, too.

So people paid actual money to bootstrap a eco-system on the promise of sharedroppinng according to capital contribution , now only to learn people can get the stake by posting and without even investing a single dime in it .

Feeling free to change the terms as "he see fit and he feels most comfortable" .

The scheme in STEEM is attractive money-wise , but I would never take part in it for all the money in the world . I won't even bother . If I take part in it , it would make my investment on PTS/AGS look quite stupid .
I will be really sad that if STEEM gain traction to investors (not posters , but investors) . If it did , it means nobody care about what's right in this field , and sooner or later he will turn on STEEM the same way he turned on PTS/AGS/DNS/BTS/brownies..... but by that time the reasons wiil be "you guys don't contribute enough for me to buy a boat" instead of "i need to feed my family ."    "if you don't contribute enough to let me buy a boat , I will kill this project and start a new one . because other crypto-marker got a boat ,  it's the market rate now . "
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 06:25:01 am by btswildpig »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Dan did offer every member of this forum a stake in STEEM: an early chance to mine it or begin posting and voting during its alpha and beta phases. I pooh-poohed it originally, but once I took the time to figure out what they had built, I was all in. Since then, I've made thousands of dollars posting and voting on good content. I've re-invested all of those profits into Steem Power, which virtually gives me a big stake in its continued future growth. It's still early over there, and there's plenty of time for you to get your "sharedrop" also. But you don't get it sitting on your ass; you have to work for it. As I understand it, Steemit is just part of the overall vision and BitShares can fulfill an important role in that plan, too.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

@Stan:

Thanks and all of that makes sense to me. My question is HOW any of these directly benefits BTS. Unless i misunderstood BMs post, i think he was saying that Steemit would create their own smartcoins and UIAs  and not the Bitshares ones.

BM and I have split up the workload, each doing what we do best.
He makes babies and, like any good grandfather, I help raise them.  :)

All of my attention plus an all-star team of Forum Heroes and Fresh Talent are focused on maximizing the BitShares ecosystem.  Patience.

The purpose of this thread was not to sound off against BM, its just to discuss his Steemit post. I love BTS and i'm sticking with it. However, i would really like to hear if/how BitShares and Steemit paths cross. Perhaps at this early stage the team dont want to discuss the roadmap, but it sure would be nice to know if bitshares will be a sidechain to Steemit and what that means/how it would work.

I think Dan deserves a lot of credit for steem, its a wonderful platform and gaining traction. Bitshares is equally brilliant, but we havn't got any traction ... yet. How bitshares can benefit from steems success is what im interested in.

just my 2 cents

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Crybaby,

This is life, nobody knows you anything.

BM invented Grapbene, and gave it to BTS investors.   Yeah, he could have gave you some STEEM, but he didn't think that BTS and Brownie Points investors deserved any.  And if your tears are indicative of the sentiment of the average BTS shareholder, then I would have to agree with his decision to refrain from feeding the crybabies.

I'm talking about PTS/AGS holders who he cleverly abandoned the sharedrop promise .
He may claim BTS holders voted him out , but ....PTS/AGS has no say in all these .

Again , I agree with you . He can do anything he like.  He and you just can't expect people don't talk about it afterwards .
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 06:11:02 am by btswildpig »

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Crybaby,

This is life, nobody knows you anything.

BM invented Grapbene, and gave it to BTS investors.   Yeah, he could have gave you some STEEM, but he didn't think that BTS and Brownie Points investors deserved any.  And if your tears are indicative of the sentiment of the average BTS shareholder, then I would have to agree with his decision to refrain from feeding the crybabies.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

too be fair , he knew he would be cut off so he didn't even want to try .

he knew he would be cut off because deep down in his heart he knew how much wrong he has done to the bts holders and still dare to ask for tons of millions of bts base on the marketcap that he pushed down in the first place .

deep down in his heart , he knew no matter how many justifications , people would just not believe it anymore .

For him , there are only 2 options , 1. go find a job,punching clocks and has certain responsibility to his bosses .  2. use the code base that bitshares as a experimental animal has paid for to start a new project where not many people has a clear clue what he has done in the past and use the same trick that was used on BTS to get more value out of STEEM as possible before their holders realizes it , and without any responsibilities because deep down in his heart he rejects contracts -----  he wants a contract free society where he has no regard for contracts or promises as long as no one has the ability to force him to deliver .

After reading his post one STEEMit about his past , I felt more angered .  He is a victim of broken promises , and he now he has made bitshares/ags/dns/pts/ victim via the same path .

It feels funny though , he has no cost to share drop on AGS/PTS (even vest in few years) , and he still didn't do it . This time , he can't claim that it's because lack of funding . AGS/PTS got sharedrops ripped off for the promise that "we won't do another project ever again " . Now he is doing another project again , lol . I can accept him to find a regular job to feed his family in a IT company  , but I can't accept this blunt mock on all of our faces .

Anyway , I'm gonna stick with BTS , provided that he will never return to BTS . The cost of him staying here is far damaging regardless what features he could bring to the table , and i'm not just talking the dilution cost . I'm talking about how he still thinks that he is a victim in all these .

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 05:49:00 am by btswildpig »

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
I just a few months here hut can we live in peace here? Let Dan n Stan alone.....let them work on the project that can make some money......lets respect each other....Bitshares is top as a civilized community lets keep that way.....

We have a strong software a strong token n strong supply......do not understimate what bitshares can achieve, at right time things will start moving, just be patient... Bitshares is increasying his shares inside cryptoecosystem larger than crypto ecosystem is increasing outside.
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
That's what we've been doing for quite some time^^

Yeah, I know, me too.

Ever gone fishing?

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Where's the beef?!

Dan developed the protocol that supports stealth, bond market, automatic payments, etc. And with such style (speed and scalability).  He never promised you a GUI.  Now, we own the network, but who you think is going to develop it?

Who developed the bitcoin network?  The network owners.  I thought we all knew this history.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:00:51 am by Erlich Bachman »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
That's what we've been doing for quite some time^^
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

@Stan:

Thanks and all of that makes sense to me. My question is HOW any of these directly benefits BTS. Unless i misunderstood BMs post, i think he was saying that Steemit would create their own smartcoins and UIAs  and not the Bitshares ones.

BM and I have split up the workload, each doing what we do best.
He makes babies and, like any good grandfather, I help raise them.  :)

All of my attention plus an all-star team of Forum Heroes and Fresh Talent are focused on maximizing the BitShares ecosystem.  Patience.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
@CoinHorder

Stealth - rejected because it was not considered important enough and because of dilution
- not true! FBA funded from Onceuponatime, but he got his money back, because they could not deliver what was promised

- where can i read this? never saw a worker proposal for this

Decentralized Bond Market - rejected because people thought other things were more important
- not true! was original promised as BTS 2.0 was advertised but got cutted because of time.

to get you my perspective

1. we got forced into a merger and Follow my Vote got a lot of free shares for using bitshares - so where is this promised Follow my vote using bitshares?????
2. we got stripped of 10% for every chain who is using bitshares - because of the merger.
3. the community agreed to it because we wanted to keep bytemaster

so now he worked in secret on a new project and sold most of his bitshares

now, tell me who scammed the community.

as a matter of fact, i am pissed, because everything Larimers are spreading is fud in the end.

In the end the Graphene Kit got MIT because Dan wanted to start his own baby without giving anything to CNI his own company.  It is so sad, to see this.

The good part on Steem, only fanboys are on this platform and you can read a lot how to make big bugs out of sin air.

So CoinHorder don't give the community the hot potato, because we got forced in 2 years to many thing who where not promised but where needed to keep
everyone on board and now they left in secret.....sorry that i feel betrayed.

Indeed. Plus FMV is raising money elsewhere. I can't say for sure but it seems they're doing their own thing now instead of making something for BTS. They got paid and we got nothing but dilution.

Other thing is the overpromising. Why so much, bond market, this and that, when, it seems it wasn't realistic at all. That's completely irresponsible.

I could accept that some stuff couldn't be delivered, but then why not quietly work on them or do something else. Although there's nothing thatbinds CNX to BTS, this felt like a stab in the back.

Why not try again after some time? Time has passed, price went down, surely some accumulated. BTS changed hands. Anti-dillution might not be active atm, etc. Why not give it a try again at some of the stuff that is here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21541.90.html
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

I don't know anything about what is really going to happen in regards to that post, but take note that those things talked about while they did not mention Bitshares, they were spoken of immediately after describing what a sidechain can do.

Just say'en.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@Shentist I couldn't say it better mate.you nailed it. I completely agree with everything you said and I feel exactly the same way as you. I think that in the end steemit will just fail. Steem dollars will be worth dollars the same way nubits equal to dollars...20-30% below but who pays attention anyway..free money for everyone lol... Bitshares got dumped, brownies are worthless but random (and maybe fake people) introduce themselves in steemit and earn steempower and steem dollars..make sense..lol..
having said that, bitshares is still awesome and still has lots of potential..Everyone can follow the path he choses in this life and apparently some people just give up on their promises very easily.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

I wouldn't say Total BS.  It was clear that, no matter how many proposals we wasted time on in the prevailing anti-dilution environment, there would not be enough near-term funding to sustain The Team from only the BTS oil well.  Hence the imperative to drill more.  The problem with being forced to start drilling is that, once you strike oil somewhere, you tend to get a little distracted.   

:)

Note that Cryptonomex is still drilling several more wells, for the exact same reason. 
Every one of those would directly benefit BTS if we hit a gusher.

@Stan:

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
@CoinHorder

Stealth - rejected because it was not considered important enough and because of dilution
- not true! FBA funded from Onceuponatime, but he got his money back, because they could not deliver what was promised

- where can i read this? never saw a worker proposal for this

Decentralized Bond Market - rejected because people thought other things were more important
- not true! was original promised as BTS 2.0 was advertised but got cutted because of time.

to get you my perspective

1. we got forced into a merger and Follow my Vote got a lot of free shares for using bitshares - so where is this promised Follow my vote using bitshares?????
2. we got stripped of 10% for every chain who is using bitshares - because of the merger.
3. the community agreed to it because we wanted to keep bytemaster

so now he worked in secret on a new project and sold most of his bitshares

now, tell me who scammed the community.

as a matter of fact, i am pissed, because everything Larimers are spreading is fud in the end.

In the end the Graphene Kit got MIT because Dan wanted to start his own baby without giving anything to CNI his own company.  It is so sad, to see this.

The good part on Steem, only fanboys are on this platform and you can read a lot how to make big bugs out of sin air.

So CoinHorder don't give the community the hot potato, because we got forced in 2 years to many thing who where not promised but where needed to keep
everyone on board and now they left in secret.....sorry that i feel betrayed.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Point is, no one "cut off" Dan's funding.  He never even tried to get funding from BTS via worker proposals.

You can't end something that never started.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

chryspano

Dan never even created a worker proposal.

In beyond bitcoin hangouts he asked numerous times for people to keep voting for workers, the antidilutionists won, so lets let them "enjoy" their victory... but don't worry their "free workers" will deliver better work than the "greedy" ones lol

+5% to CoinHoarder

Last words of BM before "leaving" bitshares....    https://youtu.be/5JEGf2b7A90?t=1m33s  :P :P :P

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:38:11 pm by chryspano »

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile

The previous post and this one is just my perception (opinion), but I will elaborate a little more.

Of course he could of used his (and his group of insiders) voting power to vote in worker proposals, but towards the end of his participation in Bitshares he was getting a lot of flak for the amount of votes he wielded.

He then tried a more democratic approach by trying to seek the consensus of forum members, but he failed with every attempt. He failed to get funding and/or community backing for numerous proposals towards the end of his Bitshares participation:

Mutual Aid Societies - rejected due to it having nothing to do with the DEX
Rate-Limited Free Transactions - held up for multiple reasons - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22307.msg290751.html#msg290751
Vesting Rewards - rejected

This is just a small list of what I was able to compile in about 5 minutes of digging.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

I wouldn't say Total BS.  It was clear that, no matter how many proposals we wasted time on in the prevailing anti-dilution environment, there would not be enough near-term funding to sustain The Team from only the BTS oil well.  Hence the imperative to drill more.  The problem with being forced to start drilling is that, once you strike oil somewhere, you tend to get a little distracted.   

:)

Note that Cryptonomex is still drilling several more wells, for the exact same reason. 
Every one of those would directly benefit BTS if we hit a gusher.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:17:57 pm by Stan »

Offline Akado

• View Profile

+5% +5%  +5%

Indeed, a proposal was never even made in the first place, that's what got me disappointed. Quitting before trying.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:32:36 pm by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
calm down....if people gonna pay him for build what they want, why he shouldnt do it?

if Bitshares couldnt dominate descentralized exchange assets I wouldnt be here. As long there is orderbook n buyers for Bitshares there is funding n Bitshares can keep his position, n our position is strong, orderbook is enough n we can print money when shareholders wake up add to it partnerships openledger freedomledger blocktrades more other projects being build on graphene that we can match features needed to improve the software at much lower cost, thats enough for being sustainable.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:30:02 am by bitsharesbrazil »
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
this post is his official statement that he abonden bitshares and is building with steem all the things he promised for bitshares.

why should these planes drive anything to bitshares? they will code everything for steemit and not for bitshares. CNI made Graphene MIT
but Steemit is different you can not use the code without permission, so why do you think they did what they did?

Steem is a poisoned project because it started the wrong way.

This will help bitshares Zero!

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Hi,

Dan just posted an interesting read regarding Steemit and its battleplan for world domination. ;) (https://steemit.com/steem/@dan/steemit-s-evil-plan-for-cryptocurrency-world-domination).

Phase 3 talks about sidechains and smartcoins. Unless i am misreading the intent, i think hes referring to steem creating its own smartcoins and UIAs. Would you need to go to Bitshares to trade these assets. My question is, shouldnt we be trying to drive these new users Bitshares?

I would really like to hear Dan talk about this on Fridays mumble because i think a lot of Bitshares holders would appreciate how to learn more about how Steemit and Bitshares path cross.

Thanks