Author Topic: Steemit's Plan  (Read 17304 times)

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
Great plan +5%

Bitshares:Financial Services Hall
Steemit:   Business Center
Peerplays:Style Center
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:58:53 pm by ebit »
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Why should Dan have dropped shares of his new STEEM DAO onto the Chinese BTS holders who would just continue to down vote his development ideas?

Dan is a dev

He can't do deving when there is no money.

He needed a new community that was supportive of dev funding, or he would not be working on anything.  This is just common sense.

I for one am glad that he found a community that supports his ideas, and being a cosmopolitan myself, I support many different communities.

BTC, BTS, STEEM, IOTA, WBB, PeerPlays, and all the teams who support these groups.  What communities do you support?
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
FWIW- Dan first proposed most of the things he is doing in Steem here to the Bitshares community. You guys cut off his funding for said proposals- stating they were either unnecessary or declaring that inflation for development/improvements = bad. It is kind of the Bitshares' community's fault he has moved on from Bitshares to Steem. An employee must get paid for his work, or else he will look elsewhere for an employer that will pay him for working. Failure to see that to make a few dollars you have to spend a few dollars is entirely on the Bitshares' community. Short term greed stymied Bitshares and will be its eventual downfall.

No one cut off his funding.  Dan never even created a worker proposal.  Total bullshit saying that BTS won't pay for any development as there are 2 workers being paid already.

this. don't twist the facts please @CoinHoarder

Not this.  Don't abuse your power as a moderator @fav.  This is not a random discussion.

steem is an alternative currency and has nothing to do with bitshares. moved as usual

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Dan did offer every member of this forum a stake in STEEM: an early chance to mine it or begin posting and voting during its alpha and beta phases. I pooh-poohed it originally, but once I took the time to figure out what they had built, I was all in. Since then, I've made thousands of dollars posting and voting on good content. I've re-invested all of those profits into Steem Power, which virtually gives me a big stake in its continued future growth. It's still early over there, and there's plenty of time for you to get your "sharedrop" also. But you don't get it sitting on your ass; you have to work for it. As I understand it, Steemit is just part of the overall vision and BitShares can fulfill an important role in that plan, too.

So people paid actual money to bootstrap a eco-system on the promise of sharedroppinng according to capital contribution , now only to learn people can get the stake by posting and without even investing a single dime in it .

Feeling free to change the terms as "he see fit and he feels most comfortable" .

The scheme in STEEM is attractive money-wise , but I would never take part in it for all the money in the world . I won't even bother . If I take part in it , it would make my investment on PTS/AGS look quite stupid .
I will be really sad that if STEEM gain traction to investors (not posters , but investors) . If it did , it means nobody care about what's right in this field , and sooner or later he will turn on STEEM the same way he turned on PTS/AGS/DNS/BTS/brownies..... but by that time the reasons wiil be "you guys don't contribute enough for me to buy a boat" instead of "i need to feed my family ."    "if you don't contribute enough to let me buy a boat , I will kill this project and start a new one . because other crypto-marker got a boat ,  it's the market rate now . "
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 06:25:01 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Dan did offer every member of this forum a stake in STEEM: an early chance to mine it or begin posting and voting during its alpha and beta phases. I pooh-poohed it originally, but once I took the time to figure out what they had built, I was all in. Since then, I've made thousands of dollars posting and voting on good content. I've re-invested all of those profits into Steem Power, which virtually gives me a big stake in its continued future growth. It's still early over there, and there's plenty of time for you to get your "sharedrop" also. But you don't get it sitting on your ass; you have to work for it. As I understand it, Steemit is just part of the overall vision and BitShares can fulfill an important role in that plan, too.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

@Stan:

Thanks and all of that makes sense to me. My question is HOW any of these directly benefits BTS. Unless i misunderstood BMs post, i think he was saying that Steemit would create their own smartcoins and UIAs  and not the Bitshares ones.

BM and I have split up the workload, each doing what we do best.
He makes babies and, like any good grandfather, I help raise them.  :)

All of my attention plus an all-star team of Forum Heroes and Fresh Talent are focused on maximizing the BitShares ecosystem.  Patience.

The purpose of this thread was not to sound off against BM, its just to discuss his Steemit post. I love BTS and i'm sticking with it. However, i would really like to hear if/how BitShares and Steemit paths cross. Perhaps at this early stage the team dont want to discuss the roadmap, but it sure would be nice to know if bitshares will be a sidechain to Steemit and what that means/how it would work.

I think Dan deserves a lot of credit for steem, its a wonderful platform and gaining traction. Bitshares is equally brilliant, but we havn't got any traction ... yet. How bitshares can benefit from steems success is what im interested in.

just my 2 cents

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Crybaby,

This is life, nobody knows you anything.

BM invented Grapbene, and gave it to BTS investors.   Yeah, he could have gave you some STEEM, but he didn't think that BTS and Brownie Points investors deserved any.  And if your tears are indicative of the sentiment of the average BTS shareholder, then I would have to agree with his decision to refrain from feeding the crybabies.

I'm talking about PTS/AGS holders who he cleverly abandoned the sharedrop promise .
He may claim BTS holders voted him out , but ....PTS/AGS has no say in all these .

Again , I agree with you . He can do anything he like.  He and you just can't expect people don't talk about it afterwards .
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 06:11:02 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Crybaby,

This is life, nobody knows you anything.

BM invented Grapbene, and gave it to BTS investors.   Yeah, he could have gave you some STEEM, but he didn't think that BTS and Brownie Points investors deserved any.  And if your tears are indicative of the sentiment of the average BTS shareholder, then I would have to agree with his decision to refrain from feeding the crybabies.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
FWIW- Dan first proposed most of the things he is doing in Steem here to the Bitshares community. You guys cut off his funding for said proposals- stating they were either unnecessary or declaring that inflation for development/improvements = bad. It is kind of the Bitshares' community's fault he has moved on from Bitshares to Steem. An employee must get paid for his work, or else he will look elsewhere for an employer that will pay him for working. Failure to see that to make a few dollars you have to spend a few dollars is entirely on the Bitshares' community. Short term greed stymied Bitshares and will be its eventual downfall.

No one cut off his funding.  Dan never even created a worker proposal.  Total bullshit saying that BTS won't pay for any development as there are 2 workers being paid already.

too be fair , he knew he would be cut off so he didn't even want to try .

he knew he would be cut off because deep down in his heart he knew how much wrong he has done to the bts holders and still dare to ask for tons of millions of bts base on the marketcap that he pushed down in the first place .

deep down in his heart , he knew no matter how many justifications , people would just not believe it anymore .

For him , there are only 2 options , 1. go find a job,punching clocks and has certain responsibility to his bosses .  2. use the code base that bitshares as a experimental animal has paid for to start a new project where not many people has a clear clue what he has done in the past and use the same trick that was used on BTS to get more value out of STEEM as possible before their holders realizes it , and without any responsibilities because deep down in his heart he rejects contracts -----  he wants a contract free society where he has no regard for contracts or promises as long as no one has the ability to force him to deliver .

After reading his post one STEEMit about his past , I felt more angered .  He is a victim of broken promises , and he now he has made bitshares/ags/dns/pts/ victim via the same path .

It feels funny though , he has no cost to share drop on AGS/PTS (even vest in few years) , and he still didn't do it . This time , he can't claim that it's because lack of funding . AGS/PTS got sharedrops ripped off for the promise that "we won't do another project ever again " . Now he is doing another project again , lol . I can accept him to find a regular job to feed his family in a IT company  , but I can't accept this blunt mock on all of our faces .

Anyway , I'm gonna stick with BTS , provided that he will never return to BTS . The cost of him staying here is far damaging regardless what features he could bring to the table , and i'm not just talking the dilution cost . I'm talking about how he still thinks that he is a victim in all these .

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 05:49:00 am by btswildpig »

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
I just a few months here hut can we live in peace here? Let Dan n Stan alone.....let them work on the project that can make some money......lets respect each other....Bitshares is top as a civilized community lets keep that way.....

We have a strong software a strong token n strong supply......do not understimate what bitshares can achieve, at right time things will start moving, just be patient... Bitshares is increasying his shares inside cryptoecosystem larger than crypto ecosystem is increasing outside.
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
That's what we've been doing for quite some time^^

Yeah, I know, me too.

Ever gone fishing?

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Where's the beef?!

Dan developed the protocol that supports stealth, bond market, automatic payments, etc. And with such style (speed and scalability).  He never promised you a GUI.  Now, we own the network, but who you think is going to develop it?

Who developed the bitcoin network?  The network owners.  I thought we all knew this history.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:00:51 am by Erlich Bachman »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
That's what we've been doing for quite some time^^
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

@Stan:

Thanks and all of that makes sense to me. My question is HOW any of these directly benefits BTS. Unless i misunderstood BMs post, i think he was saying that Steemit would create their own smartcoins and UIAs  and not the Bitshares ones.

BM and I have split up the workload, each doing what we do best.
He makes babies and, like any good grandfather, I help raise them.  :)

All of my attention plus an all-star team of Forum Heroes and Fresh Talent are focused on maximizing the BitShares ecosystem.  Patience.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
@CoinHorder

Stealth - rejected because it was not considered important enough and because of dilution
- not true! FBA funded from Onceuponatime, but he got his money back, because they could not deliver what was promised

Subsidizing Liquidity - rejected because of dilution and some thought it should be done off-chain
- where can i read this? never saw a worker proposal for this

Decentralized Bond Market - rejected because people thought other things were more important
- not true! was original promised as BTS 2.0 was advertised but got cutted because of time.

to get you my perspective

1. we got forced into a merger and Follow my Vote got a lot of free shares for using bitshares - so where is this promised Follow my vote using bitshares?????
2. we got stripped of 10% for every chain who is using bitshares - because of the merger.
3. the community agreed to it because we wanted to keep bytemaster

so now he worked in secret on a new project and sold most of his bitshares

now, tell me who scammed the community.

as a matter of fact, i am pissed, because everything Larimers are spreading is fud in the end.

In the end the Graphene Kit got MIT because Dan wanted to start his own baby without giving anything to CNI his own company.  It is so sad, to see this.

The good part on Steem, only fanboys are on this platform and you can read a lot how to make big bugs out of sin air.

So CoinHorder don't give the community the hot potato, because we got forced in 2 years to many thing who where not promised but where needed to keep
everyone on board and now they left in secret.....sorry that i feel betrayed.

Indeed. Plus FMV is raising money elsewhere. I can't say for sure but it seems they're doing their own thing now instead of making something for BTS. They got paid and we got nothing but dilution.

Other thing is the overpromising. Why so much, bond market, this and that, when, it seems it wasn't realistic at all. That's completely irresponsible.

I could accept that some stuff couldn't be delivered, but then why not quietly work on them or do something else. Although there's nothing thatbinds CNX to BTS, this felt like a stab in the back.

Why not try again after some time? Time has passed, price went down, surely some accumulated. BTS changed hands. Anti-dillution might not be active atm, etc. Why not give it a try again at some of the stuff that is here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21541.90.html
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads