Author Topic: Steemit's Plan  (Read 17082 times)

Offline Yao

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yao
  • GitHub: imYao
This is probably the best insight into where Steem may be going I've seen.
(I'm a Steem outsider, so I don't really know, but 178 Steemians upvoted this, so it must be on the mark.)

https://steemit.com/steemit/@andrarchy/steemit-vlog-why-steemit-is-the-tesla-motors-of-social-networks

Steem is pioneering a new way to bootstrap a digital currency platform.

But BitShares is already there, after one more pending Tesla style twist.
(Study the above video and then ponder what the BitShares equivalent might be.)

Their destinies lie along different paths using completely different bootstrap strategies.
And I think the world is plenty big enough for the both of us.

https://steemit.com/steem/@dan/steemit-s-evil-plan-for-cryptocurrency-world-domination
by @cylonmaker2053 in Steemit.com 1 day ago
Steemit should focus on continuously improving its social media function. Requirements creep often kills projects.
and my post:

That's right!
Focus on the special features of Steemit, develop quickly.

@dantheman @dan You can't forget this:
The development of BitShares should be a warning, I mean a lot of ideas at the beginning , such as bitSharesDNS, bitSharesX, bitSharesME, bitSharesLOTTO, bitSharesMUSIC, bitSharesVOTE and so on, later, the merger plan, almost all of them have been killed.

Now the consolidation project BitShares 2.0 is only to achieve the original version of the whitepaper.

说得对!
专注于 Steemit 的独特之处,快速发展。
BM (Steemit 上的马甲是:dantheman 和 dan)你不能忘了这一点:比特股的开发应该引以为戒,我的意思是当初的很多点子,比如 bitSharesDNS, bitSharesX, bitSharesME, bitSharesLOTTO, bitSharesMUSIC, bitSharesVOTE 等项目,后来的合并计划几乎把它们全干掉了。
现在合并后的主项目 BitShares 2.0 仅仅实现了原始版白皮书的功能。
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 03:46:25 pm by Yao »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Get Rich Quick Steem

Waves, Lisk, Ethereum, Augur... every half-as-skilled-as-me dev was being thrown boatloads of money at, it was time for Dan to get his. Plain and simple. By owning 90% and selling it off, he can walk away anytime without being beholden to investors like he was with BTS.
I actually cant .. to sell his stake he needs to divest over 2 years while PUBLICLY showing that he is divesting over 2 years ..

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
This is probably the best insight into where Steem may be going I've seen.
(I'm a Steem outsider, so I don't really know, but 178 Steemians upvoted this, so it must be on the mark.)

https://steemit.com/steemit/@andrarchy/steemit-vlog-why-steemit-is-the-tesla-motors-of-social-networks

Steem is pioneering a new way to bootstrap a digital currency platform.

But BitShares is already there, after one more pending Tesla style twist.
(Study the above video and then ponder what the BitShares equivalent might be.)

Their destinies lie along different paths using completely different bootstrap strategies.
And I think the world is plenty big enough for the both of us.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Get Rich Quick Steem

Waves, Lisk, Ethereum, Augur... every half-as-skilled-as-me dev was being thrown boatloads of money at, it was time for Dan to get his. Plain and simple. By owning 90% and selling it off, he can walk away anytime without being beholden to investors like he was with BTS.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Problem I see is that in Dan's "steem world domination" post, he neglected to mention anything about bitshares. 
This is our job to do. If any crypto-newbie found Steemit today he is already aware about BitShares, Blockpay, Blocktrades and Openledger. Cheers!

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
FWIW- Dan first proposed most of the things he is doing in Steem here to the Bitshares community. You guys cut off his funding for said proposals- stating they were either unnecessary or declaring that inflation for development/improvements = bad. It is kind of the Bitshares' community's fault he has moved on from Bitshares to Steem. An employee must get paid for his work, or else he will look elsewhere for an employer that will pay him for working. Failure to see that to make a few dollars you have to spend a few dollars is entirely on the Bitshares' community. Short term greed stymied Bitshares and will be its eventual downfall.

No one cut off his funding.  Dan never even created a worker proposal.  Total bullshit saying that BTS won't pay for any development as there are 2 workers being paid already.

this. don't twist the facts please @CoinHoarder

Not this.  Don't abuse your power as a moderator @fav.  This is not a random discussion.

steem is an alternative currency and has nothing to do with bitshares. moved as usual

So a discussion of how Steem and BitShares complement/compete with each other in the coming months is not relevant?  Most of the posts in this thread seem to me to be more about Bitshares.

A discussion of how Steem and BitShares complement/compete with each other in the coming months is exactly whats needed. Its not a blame thing, hopefully steemit pulls bitshares up and we can employ things that are working over there. I'm not techie enough to understand how steem can benefit bts, thats why i think a discussion would be helpful.

The action on coinmarket cap for steem is deceiving.  The supply is increasing, but so far there has been very little trading going on.  Because of this it looks like Steems market cap is growing fast (because they are inflating the supply while no one can get out).  BM designed steem to show a huge market cap.  So far market cap is moving positive, but I doubt it is anywhere near high enough to where Dan expected it to be trading.

Once people start trading out of steem i'm guessing it will be a shit show.

the beautiful part is he could care less even if STEEM will be shit because he owns 90% of it so he can get a nice sum of money at whatever price STEEM would be and find another excuse about how STEEM can not pay him enough and go for anther project called ....Booyah ...
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
FWIW- Dan first proposed most of the things he is doing in Steem here to the Bitshares community. You guys cut off his funding for said proposals- stating they were either unnecessary or declaring that inflation for development/improvements = bad. It is kind of the Bitshares' community's fault he has moved on from Bitshares to Steem. An employee must get paid for his work, or else he will look elsewhere for an employer that will pay him for working. Failure to see that to make a few dollars you have to spend a few dollars is entirely on the Bitshares' community. Short term greed stymied Bitshares and will be its eventual downfall.

No one cut off his funding.  Dan never even created a worker proposal.  Total bullshit saying that BTS won't pay for any development as there are 2 workers being paid already.

Not this.  Don't abuse your power as a moderator @fav.  This is not a random discussion.

steem is an alternative currency and has nothing to do with bitshares. moved as usual

So a discussion of how Steem and BitShares complement/compete with each other in the coming months is not relevant?  Most of the posts in this thread seem to me to be more about Bitshares.

A discussion of how Steem and BitShares complement/compete with each other in the coming months is exactly whats needed. Its not a blame thing, hopefully steemit pulls bitshares up and we can employ things that are working over there. I'm not techie enough to understand how steem can benefit bts, thats why i think a discussion would be helpful.

The action on coinmarket cap for steem is deceiving.  The supply is increasing, but so far there has been very little trading going on.  Because of this it looks like Steems market cap is growing fast (because they are inflating the supply while no one can get out).  BM designed steem to show a huge market cap.  So far market cap is moving positive, but I doubt it is anywhere near high enough to where Dan expected it to be trading.

Once people start trading out of steem i'm guessing it will be a shit show.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Problem I see is that in Dan's "steem world domination" post, he neglected to mention anything about bitshares.  Even after commentators said steem is "bts done right", he didn't refute that.  It seems like he is getting closer to creating a direct competitor to BTS, and this is after he said BTS and Steem are so far apart that they couldn't be competitors and that's why he could focus on Steem.

He could smooth many things over if he talked openly on how BTS and Steem would work together, instead of focusing solely on Steem.  People feel like they paid him (which they did via PTS/AGS/BTS.9/Brownies/DNS/BTS2.0) and got very little in return.  There were many promises, both technical and business, that were made..  One can argue that 80% of the technical ones were delivered, but nearly all the business development promises have fallen flat.

Well said. Agreed.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Problem I see is that in Dan's "steem world domination" post, he neglected to mention anything about bitshares.  Even after commentators said steem is "bts done right", he didn't refute that.  It seems like he is getting closer to creating a direct competitor to BTS, and this is after he said BTS and Steem are so far apart that they couldn't be competitors and that's why he could focus on Steem.

He could smooth many things over if he talked openly on how BTS and Steem would work together, instead of focusing solely on Steem.  People feel like they paid him (which they did via PTS/AGS/BTS.9/Brownies/DNS/BTS2.0) and got very little in return.  There were many promises, both technical and business, that were made..  One can argue that 80% of the technical ones were delivered, but nearly all the business development promises have fallen flat. 

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
about 1~2 years ago , Stan always post pictures and and many people include me buy BTS at price $0.03.
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

OP wanted to discuss steem's roadmap it seems. I'd suggest to open a new thread discussing bts vs steem

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Agree with Stan here. Maybe we just need to change the thread title to something more BTS-related?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Why should Dan have dropped shares of his new STEEM DAO onto the Chinese BTS holders who would just continue to down vote his development ideas?

Dan is a dev

He can't do deving when there is no money.

He needed a new community that was supportive of dev funding, or he would not be working on anything.  This is just common sense.

I for one am glad that he found a community that supports his ideas, and being a cosmopolitan myself, I support many different communities.

BTC, BTS, STEEM, IOTA, WBB, PeerPlays, and all the teams who support these groups.  What communities do you support?

When said Dan sold investment scheme PTS/AGS, people have asked : what if in the future he doesn't sharedrop on it ?
And the answer was quite clear : He is a man with real identities ,  if he refuse to do so his reputation will be tainted and no one will ever invest in his future projects again .

That's the only reason that people will believe a stranger to pay for investment schemes that was just a whitepaper and some meme .

I didn't ask him to sharedrop on BTS.  I say he should've sharedrop on PTS/AGS now that the merger term have completed overturned just for fearing not doing so it would hurt his future project's reputation badly.

And I'm not asking him to do so now . I said , he didn't do it , and that speaks very highly of what he thinks the crypto world would accept just about any behavior .

You are right , he shouldn't do it . especially when he realize people like you thinks it's ok to do so .

DAN is NOT a developer . He is a business leader and he should keep his word with his business otherwise people will not do business with him (in a normal world at least) .And if he broke the promise and no one cares about it and still invest in his future projects , then the world is not normal, and he will do it all over again under different excuses like "now that i want to buy a boat and people won't support it "
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:15:45 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.