Author Topic: Your opinion on Bytemaster  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Re: Your opinion on Bytemaster
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 04:22:34 pm »

People can work things out for themselves without your help.  They can go through publicly available information objectively rather than embark upon some kind of mad witch hunt.  They can read the Steem whitepaper and compare it with what is actually happening.  No-one is forced to participate.  They can use the Bitshares DEX and see if it offers them something valuable.

I haven't liked the effects of every decision made by the development team, but I understand how they arrived at most of the major ones that affected me.  I understand that sometimes it can appear that there are no good solutions and you have to pick the best of a bad bunch.  That's not to say they made the right decisions for me every time, they didn't.  The biggest issue in the past has always been the challenge to communicate effectively with everyone....but that is extremely challenging for many reasons and I believe they did their best.

I don't understand why you need other people to validate your opinions?  If you are unsure of where your conviction comes from, why have you formed so firm an opinion in the first place?  Why not ask Dan or Ned to answer some questions for you?  Is it because you want to know the answers you're likely to get before you get them?

I don't understand why you are even on Steemit or Bitsharestalk if you are so sure both projects are either an accidental or intentional scam.  Is it possible to have an accidental scam?  Whatever your reasons, I doubt anything I can say will give you pause as you seem to be on a mission.

I was in the community because I liked the spirit and because I was new. I started believing all Bytemaster said, as he is clever and he made a lot of sense. But that sounded good to my old self, when I had no idea about finances and was here because of the good spirit, plus the speculation. Later on, I started finding things that really didn't make sense and that resembled a scam. I started realising that something was wrong with the way BM left. I've listened to every Beyond Bitcoin Podcast for the last 5-6 months and I was thinking : wow this is amazing.

I am not an expert, so I need people to help me document all the things that are wrong. Plus my writing and presenting skills are not the best, so I need help in order to complete the work. What really made me start thinking further was some chats I read about the Onecoin scam and how people can't see it. I was the same with BitShares and Steem. Bitshares mainly. I was fighting everyone that was showing me what was wrong or that was saying bad things about Bytemaster. Look at my previous posts if you don't believe me. People mature and see more things. I am just trying to help the people that were in the same position as I was. It hit me hard when I started realising all the negatives and I understand that people are getting defensive. If you are caught in a good scam and you are both financially and emotionally depended, it is really hard to change your mind. Think of people with thousands invested, but who have also spend 2-3 good years of their lives in this project, while Bytemaster was slowly abandoning the ship.

It is possible. Because Bytemaster and the community were thinking of what they could do to increase the market cap or bring new users in, without even actually understanding Bitshares and having 100% sure that it is safe. We want to bring more users in a PoS chain (which is not safe), even if DPoS is superior. We have only 26% of the people voting and most of these people are not experts. Almost nobody is an expert, but because people's opinion here matter due to voting, everyone things they are experts. Let's do this, let's do that. Let's get people to use our products, that are not fucking viable and that we neglect everything that could go wrong.

I give up.  There is so much wrong with your objectivity, I half believe you are joking.  I'll just say this, you clearly feel you've been let down by Dan but equally clear is the fact that you don't understand why or how.  Looking to others to validate your seething emotions does nobody any good, including you.  If you are doing it for others, thank you but no thank you.  Everyone is more than capable of investigating things for themselves (assuming that the code is benign.)

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 07:38:31 pm »
He was not under any obligation to give steem to bitshares holders. Don't be sad about it. Anyone could have bought steem when it was 15-20c

tarantulaz

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 03:55:51 pm »

I give up.  There is so much wrong with your objectivity, I half believe you are joking.  I'll just say this, you clearly feel you've been let down by Dan but equally clear is the fact that you don't understand why or how.  Looking to others to validate your seething emotions does nobody any good, including you.  If you are doing it for others, thank you but no thank you.  Everyone is more than capable of investigating things for themselves (assuming that the code is benign.)

My objectivity is wrong. OK. I clearly feel let down because of what? I am not really invested in Bitshares and never had anything else other than a tiny amount. I know that many people won't listen, because their money and time is at stake. Same goes for you. My objectivity is wrong, but yours is right. You have no right on being objective. 1000 posts. This is a hell lot of time with the scammers to make you objective. Fact is that I don't know your status in the community and your relationship with BM and Bitshares, so I can't judge you as a person, but your objectivity is non-existent.

I wanna create a full report and see if Bytemaster is actually a scammer or incompetent. He is one or the other, that's for sure. Telling me not to investigate sounds very suspicious. It is so stupid to tell someone not to investigate when he has detected a potential scam (Steem) and let the victims, maybe, investigate themselves. What a fucking joke. If you don't appreciate it, I don't care. 10 others might do and that's fine with me.

Again, I see Bytemaster leaving the community as good thing. Probably an amazing thing. I don't see Bitshares as having any success in the near future, especially when LN and Omni/Counterparty combine. But if there is a chance for Bitshares to succeed is now.

Offline chryspano

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 07:47:55 pm »

LOL 2.0

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 08:20:39 pm »

[member=11011]tonyk[/member] would you be interested in an interview/group chat/podcast whatever with tone vays, me and maybe 1-2 more people? I know you've posted a lot, but I would like to ask you to give me a detailed kind of timeline/review of all the bad/crazy things you've observed, mainly by Bytemaster.

I am not completely sure it was not a misspell ...but if not sure.

PS
Hope this does not sound reverseflash,
but I do fell ,I know I know bytemaster aka @theman a touch more than his own psychiatrist and or mother by now....
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.