Author Topic: Is it like you don't care about PTS?  (Read 11875 times)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Very infectious and well stated post! Just a small correction, MMC is not a DAC of 3I, BTS will be the first one.
BTS committee member:jademont

lzr1900

I do agree with your points 100%!!!!

Offline markzookerburg

• View Profile
Hey there,

I am one of your early day miners. I have been observing the fiasco going on in this forum for a month and its left me concerned. I have always requested for an active marketing policy and I never saw it happen. So here's some more of my concerns.

I joined in for this "chaos" we are having here somewhere around day 7 or 8 of mining. I read around about you guys and I saw potential. I saw vision,ambition and the desire to do something big. I loved how you guys approached to this as a start-up and found the need to keep things simple/humble. When I first looked at your website I felt sad seeing how pathetic of a show you could put on with it - and could not even focus on the very basics of using a template and explain things better. But oh well this is a "Start-up" and I thought maybe its a small team and they have bigger things to focus on. With 600k in the bank -they might have bigger concerns.

I invested 4 days with my entire team (I run a start-up too) , setting up 1000's of servers (close to 4000 for those wondering) and burned around 40000 dollars (not to mention time wasted doing this while I could focus on my start-up instead),  and mined a seizable amount of coins. Sure I could dump my coins in mid December when coin prices were at a high. But no! I believed in what you guys were doing and stuck around as any reasonable investor would. I looked forward to keyhotee and bitshares and spoke about it to people. As a matter of fact I have also been working on partnerships with different networks for acquiring massive mining hardware, servers and was looking forward to investing another 100,000 in mining operations.

However things had to take a different route as time passed by.
Inspite of requesting you guys to have a proper Marketing plan and actually work on it - I never saw anything good. I had smarter users here ask you permission to market on your side and still the derp who had been hired to market Bitshares and Protoshares never did anything major. In over a month of pressurising you, I have seen nothing in the media about Protoshares , its vision or what it stands for.

Keyhotee was always a huge promise and I loved what it stood for. Sure you have had some minor releases, but where's the actual product? With so much in funding I demand something better and am sure many other users do too.

The only coin honoring PTS we had was Memorycoin and its prices have gone from something to close to nothing. In such an environment where people see only things going downhill don't you think you should ATLEAST release a public statement explaining what your vision for PTS is ?

I know holding on to my protoshares gives me bitshares on the long run, but am being forced to hold on to the PTS even when I want to pull out of this nonsense you are doing due to your incompetence to market your product properly or figure economics properly.
Angelshares is killing Protoshares. You are doing injustice to your early day investors and keeping them blinded with long term promises.
I know building something like BTS requires funding. But you guys are getting 100k every goddamn day!
Why in the world can't you hire a better agency to build great websites and have actual agencies handle your PR?

To sum it up - I'd like to keep my "opinions" on what you're doing with the following observations

1. You clearly dont give  a fuck about PTS
2. You clearly don't have a clue about marketing -and are not willing to be open to users willing to help
3. You can't accept innovation from users here (Eg: Trade platform thread -being bashed upon)
4. You are about to start partying excessively with all the new funding
5. Development is probably the last on your list now - because I can't imagine why in the world would something take so long to build up when there's so much in funding

Anyone who's been reasonably involved with a start-up would know how companies start-off with 20k, deliver on their promises first and then scale up.
You guys are sitting atop 600k + million by the end of this month and still haven't delivered anything big.

So to the team at Invictus
Please get your act together and put on a good show instead of wasting people's time

Regards
Mark
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:50:22 am by markzookerburg »