Author Topic: [ANN] ptsweb.beeeeer.org - Protoshares mining sub-pool  (Read 415100 times)

Offline flower1024

• luck is just a share away
    • View Profile
thank you, donschoe, you're really a great help.

i will decrease the payout treshold to 0.5 PTS now (this will kick in with the next payout)

@flower1024:
this would take some time for the implementation & the monitoring is more time intensive. i will think about it, but I have a lot more things on my todo list (including the XPM pool), we'll see.

btw. what exactly do you mean by 'cheaters' ?

- xolokram

pool hoppers ;)
its possile to calculate how much time each share on your pool takes. so you know the average time your pool needs to find a block at any given difficulty.

just mine 41% of this time - then switch to another pool or solo.

as soon as your pool finds a block repeat it again.

i did it with bitcoin a while ago and the effect is that any hopper gets much more and your honest miners suffer from small blocks (and have to do the work on the big blocks alone)

see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24966.0
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:38:11 am by flower1024 »

Offline Ethapus

• View Profile
Ok thanks ssshhh and donshoe, guess it must just be taking this long now because of reduced payout and increased block time. So I will patiently wait  ;)

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
thank you, donschoe, you're really a great help.

i will decrease the payout treshold to 0.5 PTS now (this will kick in with the next payout) in roughly 2.5 hours

@flower1024:
this would take some time for the implementation & the monitoring is more time intensive. i will think about it, but I have a lot more things on my todo list (including the XPM pool), we'll see.

i know that proportional payout is not flawless, but what exactly do you mean by 'cheaters'? you just mean pool hopping?

- xolokram
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:34:44 am by xolokram »
stats for pts@beeeeer.org
BTC: 1S4kxaF4ro17qThUz4hQwAoiXzCWdzwdb | LTC: LMgYASNbAgGUG6fhw1xdMAWSbMiWjNNGgo
XPM: AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd | PTS: PbfspbvSWxYqrp3DpRH7bsrmEqzY3418Ap

Offline flower1024

• luck is just a share away
    • View Profile
please implement pps or pplns
prop is just begging for cheaters

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
I also have been mining away the last 15 hours at about 18 hash, and not a single payout. Don't know exact number as I closed it once in the time, but I should have over 300 VL. My user overview shows, oh, I say 60 found blocks, but every one of them is marked "block waiting for confirmations". What is wrong and what can I do about it?    :(

My user address is Pa86GRGGT3WiDZNb8mQ97M2SA2BFBUrgKo in case anyone wants to see for themselves.

I also had this query but xolo explained it all.  Read back from page 11 and you will find the answers to your query..

You need to wait until the blocks are confirmed by the network. This takes 120 blocks, at current block time of 5-7 min this may take 10-14 hours. There is nothing xolo can do about, you cant pay out blocks before they are confirmed.

Basic payout stats:
http://pts.syware.de/

from wich page the get the stats? beer? its wrong then i guess.. there are some blocks numbers that beer never solved..

From the /user page on beeeeer.org, note it does not calculates the results of unconfirmed blocks.

is there anything out how much the pps on this pool is!? just curious ..

The payout system is "proportional". You get the % of shares you submitted. Example: Reward = 35 PTS, 15000 Shares are submitted to solve a block, you submitted 150 (1%) and you will get 1% of the reward = 0.35 PTS.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
is there anything out how much the pps on this pool is!? just curious ..
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline nmkr

• View Profile
Basic payout stats:

from wich page the get the stats? beer? its wrong then i guess.. there are some blocks numbers that beer never solved..

Offline ssshhh

• View Profile
I also have been mining away the last 15 hours at about 18 hash, and not a single payout. Don't know exact number as I closed it once in the time, but I should have over 300 VL. My user overview shows, oh, I say 60 found blocks, but every one of them is marked "block waiting for confirmations". What is wrong and what can I do about it?    :(

My user address is Pa86GRGGT3WiDZNb8mQ97M2SA2BFBUrgKo in case anyone wants to see for themselves.

I also had this query but xolo explained it all.  Read back from page 11 and you will find the answers to your query..

Offline Ethapus

• View Profile

Offline Sy

• View Profile
Basic payout stats:
ptsweb.beeeeer.org Stats

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
@NineLives:
you can check this yourself: http://ptsweb.beeeeer.org/user/Pv6sxYhTivSa6NA3Ak5oaNMS7nepEk29Ax
what does the most recent (the ones on the top of the page) say?
hint: the last part is the most important for you

@favdesu:
this is mostly caused by connection problems on the miner side, i think the bug bytemaster is relating to is something else, the original mining code (which ptsminer is using too) is crashing occasionally...

reminder to myself: change the 'PAID' label on the user stats to 'ADDED TO BALANCE' if just added and add a 'current balance' info for every user...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:34:33 am by xolokram »
BTC: 1S4kxaF4ro17qThUz4hQwAoiXzCWdzwdb | LTC: LMgYASNbAgGUG6fhw1xdMAWSbMiWjNNGgo
XPM: AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd | PTS: PbfspbvSWxYqrp3DpRH7bsrmEqzY3418Ap

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Is the "forced to reconnect" error related to http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=420.0 the command-line bug?

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
Hi,

I'm slightly worried.  I'm certain I will have worked over 1PTS but no payment this morning.

Can you please check?

Pv6sxYhTivSa6NA3Ak5oaNMS7nepEk29Ax

Thanks
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
@svd:
i think i will decrease it slowly, i dont want to have hundreds of payouts on every payout iteration.
so i think 0.5 will be next, probably followed by 0.3 or 0.2 and then 0.1 if necessary.

@btc2084:
ok, i'm sorry. i'm just a little bit angry that no one was able to ask "how do i see my current balance?", but everybody seems to be able to argue about "i have not been paid, i want it naaaooowww"!!

i'm thinking about a way to check for abandoned payout addresses and forcing a payout to this address without the payout treshold after a specific amount of idle time (X days)

ULTIMATE GUIDE TO YOUR CURRENT BALANCE:
1) go to the payout list -> http://ptsweb.beeeeer.org/payouts
2) go to the latest payout (that's the one with the highest number, at the top of the page)
3) the next page your see (the payout information):
there are four fields you see which (can) contain (a lot of) addresses and associated values
these four fields are "prev", "add", "payout" and "next" (in this order)
4) go to the "next" field (doing so by searching for the term 'next', it should be at the end of the page)
5) now search for your personal address in this particular field
6) the value you see next to your address within the 'next' field is your current balance for all your submitted shares since your last payout
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:16:26 am by xolokram »

Offline svd

• View Profile
maybe i should decrease that threshold again
that new difficulty.....

yeah, 0.1 please