Author Topic: Creating Asset & BASE ASSET  (Read 2724 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I think the preferred market pairing is mostly a UI think and "preferred" tells me that you can only pick one ...
it's not that the other markets are not available .. it's just how the wallet represents them in the trading interface .. (AFAIK)

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
thank you for your replay. I count on peerplays then. if we create assets we have to have the possibility to pay dividends. XCP can, so we also need to. Buyback sucks.

//EDIT1
(...)from your asset's fee pool(...)
where I can read about it? I don't understand it.

//EDIT2

How to make multi pairing
eg. MYASSET:BTS, MYASSET:bitUSD, MYASSET:bitEUR etc

Offline pc

• View Profile
Suppose that you want to raise funds for investment which is expected to cost $ 10 million and to this end, is planning to issue 10 million tokens worth $ 10 million.
Then he wants to pay dividends to investors.
How to use Bitshares for this?
This is quite a serious question.

Dividend payments are quite costly (in terms of computational power) and are therefore not supported out of the box.

You can use 3rd party software to take a snapshot of your asset's distribution at a given point in time, then create individual transactions to pay out dividends accordingly. I don't know if such 3rd party software exists yet.

ISTR that PeerPlays promised to implement dividend payments. This may be ported to BitShares at some point in the future.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline pc

• View Profile
Could someone explain me why we have this restriction?

The core exchange rate (CER) is used for converting your asset into BTS for the purpose of paying transaction fees. (What actually happens is that the users who pay their TX fees in your asset buy BTS from your asset's fee pool at the CER.) Fees are denominated in BTS, therefore the CER must be expressed in terms of BTS.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Suppose that you want to raise funds for investment which is expected to cost $ 10 million and to this end, is planning to issue 10 million tokens worth $ 10 million.

User Issued Assets
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:31:41 am by marcobitshares »

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
such as :1rose/1bts
bts is Core token in bitshares.
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
Could someone explain me why we have this restriction?