Author Topic: Any non spam posts I should read here?  (Read 9837 times)

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Hi @mf-tzo . Every now and then I wonder about brownies too. I have a fair few of them, but am not hodling my breath expecting anything to come from them. Sometimes I wonder if I would even find out if @bytemaster did decide to do something with them. He's not posted on this forum since May, and I'm not interested in Steem...
I wish there were an alert I could sign up to in case there's any brownie news/action.

By the way, if I wanted to keep up to date with what Dan Larimer is up to nowadays, is it the Stem platform I'd need to go to? Does he still blog?

Yeah... He's pumping his next project over there.  Something about Universal Basic Income.  The lemmings are eating it up.

Do you have a link? I'd love to read that. Pretty sure I predicted he'd be on to a new project right about now.
Maybe this one
https://steemit.com/blockchain/@dantheman/a-better-approach-to-turing-complete-smart-contracts

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Hi @mf-tzo . Every now and then I wonder about brownies too. I have a fair few of them, but am not hodling my breath expecting anything to come from them. Sometimes I wonder if I would even find out if @bytemaster did decide to do something with them. He's not posted on this forum since May, and I'm not interested in Steem...
I wish there were an alert I could sign up to in case there's any brownie news/action.

By the way, if I wanted to keep up to date with what Dan Larimer is up to nowadays, is it the Stem platform I'd need to go to? Does he still blog?

Yeah... He's pumping his next project over there.  Something about Universal Basic Income.  The lemmings are eating it up.

Do you have a link? I'd love to read that. Pretty sure I predicted he'd be on to a new project right about now.

I would love to see Dan Larimer debate UBI with Stefan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxUzTW5dM4o
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

I've been hearing rumors about Trezor supporting graphene, are they also going to support bitshares? If so that would be a very big plus. If it could be combined with a simplified interface for less computer-savy people, that would be a big step in the right direction.

Yes, we will. Currently we are evaluating our options to fun further development since we completed our POC.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@tonyk

"@mf-tzo - you are on a roller coaster man... last thing I read from you was highly optimistic post of yours on Steemit [and yes, I do read Steemit a bit more often than btsforum.... mainly because of the amusement factor which is 10x higher right now (for what I find amusing in/with Steem read the next paragraph)] praising both BTS and Steem as a great buy... LOL What changed your mind? Sudden drop in blood pressure (and by pressure I mean price falling like a rock...rock falling on a planet 5x bigger than earth with no atmosphere?"

I think you misunderstood me mate! I am always bullish on bts and now I am more bullish on Steem! I am actually buying Steem at the moment and to do so I am selling very cheaply my bts (unfortunately I only have those two tokens..no btcoins, no eth, no more new capital to invest in crypto) Therefore it would be nice if bm could buy back my brownies so I can have more capital to invest in steem... I think that both projects have great potential and I think that Steem has great potential to achieve what bts never achieved and that is to bring crypto to the usual average Jo and Alice.. I have been trying for the last 2 years to introduce bts to friends who do not have a single idea about crypto without any success and I have already introduced to 5 friends steem within 1 month. Those people now actually post things, sell their sbd, buy btc, sell btc and convert to eur and say that the whole process is much easier than they thought..Those people and many more at some point will invest new capital in other projects such as bts..

I am very frustrated about Dantheman.. I feel that he has repeatedly made very bad decisions for bts, dumped his shares on unsuspected people while he was acquiring all the steems for himself and his friends. The bytemaster and friends once they dump their shares (bts or steem) they dump hard on others..There is not even patience to make it less obvious..They pump and dump at will and this is really a very bad example.. Steem should never have fallen so much from its peak..It is just that steem whales do not even know how to properly support their vision and the token value and hence there is the risk that even if steem could become great will be again another failed project because of the lack of vision and impatience of the usual suspects..

But having said all that and irrespective the investment decisions and actions of anyone and in reality I should not even judge those actions since everyone has his personal issues to deal (so in essence I am sorry @bytemaster for all the bad things I am saying above since one shouldn't judge if he does not know all the facts for certain) there is no other cryptoinvestment from my point of view worth to even waste my time except bts and steem. I am still very optimistic for both projects and maybe I am still living on my own little perfect world and cloud..

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Have been off of here (once my favorite place on the net) for months.

Is there any non spam/ non scam/ non idiotic promotions/ etc content  I should read?.

Sorry but the scam wall of posts by Compuseeds, followed by other almost equally deceiving posts by Obits (and or their other 20th ICO project), with no quality in between, just makes me  to want to puke.

Why hang out here when you can get unlimited free money for liking posts of half naked chicks on steem???

The fuckage of bitshares holders via the merger was bad, but the pure desecration of the larimers lemmings via steem has been awesome to watch. I remember when I said steem was a scam to manipulate coin market cap, that I had "zero vision". But now that steem has run its investor screwing course, it's probably time for cnx to release another "innovative" vehicle to run over investors with.  Wonder what it will be called... Plasma? Graphene 2.0?

I agree. Actually if you read one of my last comments on Steemit (by my hidden but not really hidden identity on Steemit) I just commented that BM...aaah sorry dantheman has currently "disappeared to do just that - think on his next scam... sorry did I say scam? I meant project of his."

What exactly sets apart "scam" vs "project?"

Scam is a kind of project. There are many other kinds of projects besides scam.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 12:01:17 pm by yvv »

Offline JoeyD

Ha, nice to see you are still around TonyK.

I'm chiming in to show that there are some lurkers like myself that still favour bitshares.
Well I've never been much of a poster but I do still have hopes for bitshares. Also nice to see familiar usernames posting. The merger did admittedly kill off most of my enthusiasm, with the steem-launch and weird token"distribution" killing off much of the rest.

Still a lot of aspects of bitshares that used to garner a lot of abuse and derision from the bitcoin/ethereum crowd seem to be getting more mainstream. Also kencodes project does look impressive and practical.
A few more projects like that and things should start looking up a lot more. Also one potentially positive thing about steem is that it is doing a way better job of at least getting some attention on the technology and concepts behind bitshares than most of our previous pr-big-pushes in the past. Although I have to admit that steem holds no appeal for myself personally (nor any other social media platform for that matter).

Is there news about a way to make stealth easier to use for businesses (and users)?

I've been hearing rumors about Trezor supporting graphene, are they also going to support bitshares? If so that would be a very big plus. If it could be combined with a simplified interface for less computer-savy people, that would be a big step in the right direction.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
forget about BM, he have complete his task.
yesterday should be remember by BTSER,
as a decentralize exchange, wallet market's volume passwd  Polonix and BTC38 the first time.
good job peerplays & openledger

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Is there any non spam/ non scam/ non idiotic promotions/ etc content  I should read?.

Sorry but the scam wall of posts by Compuseeds, followed by other almost equally deceiving posts by Obits (and or their other 20th ICO project), with no quality in between, just makes me  to want to puke.

Why hang out here when you can get unlimited free money for liking posts of half naked chicks on steem???

The fuckage of bitshares holders via the merger was bad, but the pure desecration of the larimers lemmings via steem has been awesome to watch. I remember when I said steem was a scam to manipulate coin market cap, that I had "zero vision". But now that steem has run its investor screwing course, it's probably time for cnx to release another "innovative" vehicle to run over investors with.  Wonder what it will be called... Plasma? Graphene 2.0?

I agree. Actually if you read one of my last comments on Steemit (by my hidden but not really hidden identity on Steemit) I just commented that BM...aaah sorry dantheman has currently "disappeared to do just that - think on his next scam... sorry did I say scam? I meant project of his."

Those are perfect synonyms in BM's head, as far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:22:41 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Online Brekyrself

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
wow Thanks all for responding... when I read/got through the last 100 posst I was hoping [but not really expecting] for at least a single answer. So once again Thanks to all helping me not go through 10 tons of shit to find nothing! I do appreciate it.

@mf-tzo - you are on a roller coaster man... last thing I read from you was highly optimistic post of yours on Steemit [and yes, I do read Steemit a bit more often than btsforum.... mainly because of the amusement factor which is 10x higher right now (for what I find amusing in/with Steem read the next paragraph)] praising both BTS and Steem as a great buy... LOL What changed your mind? Sudden drop in blood pressure (and by pressure I mean price falling like a rock...rock falling on a planet 5x bigger than earth with no atmosphere?

@lil_jay890 I do not remember what you called (expected from/for) Steem in its early days... but it has always been my take that "Steem will be one of the most spectacular failures that the crypto world has ever seen (and crypto has seen more than its fair share of all kinds of BS as you know). Weirdly enough these posts of mine are now no where to be found on bitsharestalk.org ????
Come on tonyk, Steemit's success should be judged by the wallets of those that premined  - sorry "secured" - 90% of the tokens and got to slowly but steadily dump them on the market the past several months.
LOL

BTW they prefer the term NinjaMined as opposed to 'secured' and 'pre-mined'... it might be me and my non-native English but I always laugh at how they find their term better (less bad) in any way.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:00:33 am by tonyk »

Offline mint chocolate chip

wow Thanks all for responding... when I read/got through the last 100 posst I was hoping [but not really expecting] for at least a single answer. So once again Thanks to all helping me not go through 10 tons of shit to find nothing! I do appreciate it.

@mf-tzo - you are on a roller coaster man... last thing I read from you was highly optimistic post of yours on Steemit [and yes, I do read Steemit a bit more often than btsforum.... mainly because of the amusement factor which is 10x higher right now (for what I find amusing in/with Steem read the next paragraph)] praising both BTS and Steem as a great buy... LOL What changed your mind? Sudden drop in blood pressure (and by pressure I mean price falling like a rock...rock falling on a planet 5x bigger than earth with no atmosphere?

@lil_jay890 I do not remember what you called (expected from/for) Steem in its early days... but it has always been my take that "Steem will be one of the most spectacular failures that the crypto world has ever seen (and crypto has seen more than its fair share of all kinds of BS as you know). Weirdly enough these posts of mine are now no where to be found on bitsharestalk.org ????
Come on tonyk, Steemit's success should be judged by the wallets of those that premined  - sorry "secured" - 90% of the tokens and got to slowly but steadily dump them on the market the past several months.