Author Topic: Coyote Miner | PPS Mining Pool  (Read 403471 times)

Offline rando

• View Profile
Re: ALPHA MINER - 1.5 GB unlimited threads... better HPM Win64 Miner!
« Reply #446 on: November 10, 2013, 04:22:05 am »
He's working on editing the miner so that you can set the # of processes used. Instead of being optimized for 8. I'm anxiously awaiting it too so I can use a machine with more than 8. @bytemaster, Do you think it will be available tonight?

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 10, 2013, 04:17:51 am »
Another quick question.  besides hopefully a way to limit CPU usage somehow.  I also use my GPU to mine scrypt coins (cgminer)  and I've noticed when running your miner the has rate for that program gets halved.

is your program somehow using GPU at all?  or is the CPU being bogged down so much causing the slow down on the cgminer?

Not using the GPU... so far I cannot figure out a way to make that work.

well is there any flags then to possibly cap/limit the # of threads?
PTS: Pu4ahefp2nMXeQw2cxome8g6V9B4faLx81 BTC: 1NcZg4xF9zSCNUpVanfwfMJY7kqAXtdrbu MMC: MWsdbnkdZRPNEQru1YeeATZTGmqhuSYFoN
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/protoshare www.reddit.com/r/memorycoin

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #444 on: November 10, 2013, 04:12:49 am »
Another quick question.  besides hopefully a way to limit CPU usage somehow.  I also use my GPU to mine scrypt coins (cgminer)  and I've noticed when running your miner the has rate for that program gets halved.

is your program somehow using GPU at all?  or is the CPU being bogged down so much causing the slow down on the cgminer?

Not using the GPU... so far I cannot figure out a way to make that work.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 10, 2013, 04:12:01 am »

PTS: Pu4ahefp2nMXeQw2cxome8g6V9B4faLx81 BTC: 1NcZg4xF9zSCNUpVanfwfMJY7kqAXtdrbu MMC: MWsdbnkdZRPNEQru1YeeATZTGmqhuSYFoN

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #442 on: November 10, 2013, 04:11:33 am »
Automatic payouts at 5 PTS are now enabled... let me know if you have any trouble.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #441 on: November 10, 2013, 03:07:33 am »
Great work Bytemaster!   I really appreciate your efforts and think you got a good thing started.

a comment and a question:

Comment:
When you get a chance please add time stamps to the sending notifications on the client.   That would really help me figure out my productivity.

Question:
I'm running the linux client with no problems but the mac client will not start.
complains about libstdc++.6.dylib

dylib:  lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found __ZNKSt8__detail20_Prime_rehash_policy11_M_next_bktEm
referenced from pool_miner
expected in /usr/lib/libstdc++6.dylib

seems strange since you have the lib in the tar.gz but it isn't looking for it there.   That lib also exists in /usr/lib/ but maybe yours is modified?

Any help you guys can provide would be appreciated because this is a mbpr that hashes at 20 hpm with bitcoind

Yeah, this is an odd one with OS X.   You need to move  opt to /opt   to get it to work... version 3 will be a .app bundle, but for now you can hack it :)

Offline craggietx

• View Profile
    • Final Drive Parts
« Reply #440 on: November 10, 2013, 02:55:20 am »
Great work Bytemaster!   I really appreciate your efforts and think you got a good thing started.

a comment and a question:

Comment:
When you get a chance please add time stamps to the sending notifications on the client.   That would really help me figure out my productivity.

Question:
I'm running the linux client with no problems but the mac client will not start.
complains about libstdc++.6.dylib

dylib:  lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found __ZNKSt8__detail20_Prime_rehash_policy11_M_next_bktEm
referenced from pool_miner
expected in /usr/lib/libstdc++6.dylib

seems strange since you have the lib in the tar.gz but it isn't looking for it there.   That lib also exists in /usr/lib/ but maybe yours is modified?

Any help you guys can provide would be appreciated because this is a mbpr that hashes at 20 hpm with bitcoind

Offline testz

« Reply #439 on: November 10, 2013, 02:45:23 am »
Difficulty adjusted from 0.00001526 to ... and stay same  :)
Edit: Reward was dropped by 5%, 2016 block to next retarget

Only block rewards is retargeted. Difficulty will retarget in 2016 blocks.

@bytemaster: Do you plan to update the wallet and make re-target every 2016 as planed? Or we stay as is?

I am going to keep it as is, no need to introduce a fork and people don't seem to mind the faster block production.

Agree

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #438 on: November 10, 2013, 02:43:20 am »

@bytemaster: Do you plan to update the wallet and make re-target every 2016 as planed? Or we stay as is?

I am going to keep it as is, no need to introduce a fork and people don't seem to mind the faster block production. 

Offline testz

« Reply #437 on: November 10, 2013, 02:41:25 am »

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 10, 2013, 02:40:14 am »
Awesome got it! I was a tard!  How bout a way to limit threads? or limit CPU usage?

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
« Reply #435 on: November 10, 2013, 02:39:29 am »

Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline testz

« Reply #434 on: November 10, 2013, 02:39:00 am »
BTW: I like hourly payment, it's easy to track, can you make auto payment pay hourly if balance more than 1 PTS?

Offline testz

« Reply #433 on: November 10, 2013, 02:36:03 am »
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 02:37:42 am by testz »

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #432 on: November 10, 2013, 02:34:36 am »
Great job! but now this pool seems to be paying out just as much as the other pool..  definitely not 2 times like i mentioned before... :-[

Did the other pool get a faster miner?  Because I am paying out at the theoretical average value per hash -3% so perhaps the other pool was having a lucky streak and their variance gave higher yields?   Can others provide feedback?  Am I calculating the PPS wrong?

Anyone?  What is the experience with the other pools like?

I was making just above 3pts in 1 hour with the other pools and now i'm making under 3pts with yours and that was timed form the last payment at8:27 to 9:27 mybalance was 2.59363

Ok, so I see that the other pool's miner is similar... I will have to change that :)