Author Topic: The War on Cash is Over, They Won!  (Read 2715 times)

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Read the same article this morning, what are these politicians thinking?  When are the next elections in Greece?

Who is going to stop them from imposing a new tax in every fiat transfer from and to bitcoin exchanges? with cash banned in a few years isn't it game over for crypto?  Add to that that all the population will be trained in the use of plastic money which is orders of magnitute easier to use than any crypto out there. I wish I'm wrong but I can't see anything good out of this.
Hopfully in the near future you can easily put youy cryto on a plastic card and spend it that way. For now it would be a good idea to get all the cryto you can afford. Also find ways to get paid in crypto.
[/quote]

People will need a tool that allow making business out of government view. I'm not talking only about criminals. Many people just can't even afford to pay taxes, they'll need new cash or their low living standard must go even lower. They can't go back to barter.

Offline konelectric

Read the same article this morning, what are these politicians thinking?  When are the next elections in Greece?

Who is going to stop them from imposing a new tax in every fiat transfer from and to bitcoin exchanges? with cash banned in a few years isn't it game over for crypto?  Add to that that all the population will be trained in the use of plastic money which is orders of magnitute easier to use than any crypto out there. I wish I'm wrong but I can't see anything good out of this.
[/quote] Hopfully in the near future you can easily put youy cryto on a plastic card and spend it that way. For now it would be a good idea to get all the cryto you can afford. Also find ways to get paid in crypto.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline DestBest

BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@chryspano you have described the political situation in Greece perfectly! As you said in order for Greek people to use only plastic money they will need to be HEAVILY incentivised and but I can't see how this can be done so effectively as to eliminate cash in Greece.

In any case the ban of cash is bad for our human rights but is definitely good for the rise of cryptos. People will be more incentivised with this war on cash to discover that "money" is not only "EURO" and "USD" but also btc, bitusd and biteur and all the alts out there. Maybe people will discover also that they don't need exchanges to buy crypto but they can transact over the counter between them or via decentralized exchanges, hhhmmm... bitshares DEX maybe?

chryspano

Elections happen every 4 years and 2019 is the year of the next ones, but this is not going to happen imo, after the elections of 2004 no government managed to stay in power for full 4 years. Especially in the crisis period every party that is in power tries to abandon the ship and start premature elections with the intention to loose them, the opposition that wins the elections is in a very bad situation (new austerity measures must be taken again) and is all the time undermined by the party that intentionally just lost the elections, if the new elected goverment manages to stay in power for a few years then the same story goes on, madness!

They so desperately need money  that they would do ANYTHING to just gain a bit more time. People with low income had until now some tax deduction but there was pressure on the Greek government to remove this tax deduction, so they thought of some kind of compromise that will cost them the least amount of political power, the tax deduction will happen in a "stealthy" way, everyone uses plastic money or looses the tax deduction and also pays some moare taxes we so desperately need. If everyone is HEAVILY "incentivised" to use plastic money, sooner or later they will be able to ban all cash with ease and no opposition from anyone. "Only criminals use cash" and so on...

Great News. Right in time to support Bitcoin pump.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Is it good or is it bad?

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Great News. Right in time to support Bitcoin pump.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

chryspano

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-03/greece-unleashes-soft-cash-ban

The last few years there was an enormous campaign with tv commercials trying to persuade everyone to stop using cash and convert everyone to plastic money users, it failed but now it's time for their plan B.
Every one has to use plastic/electronic money or will suffer heavy taxation, depending on your yearly income you will have to spent 10%-20% of it with cards or electronic buy transfers.

The above article doesn't mention the fact that you will also loose the tax deductible sum of 1900-2100 euros!

After the "training period" is over it's a certainty that they will raise the percentage to 100% because everyone will know how to use credit cards, cash are already advertised/promoted as "bad" "filthy" "stinky" "cumbersome" "you don't need it!" "it's bad for you"

Soon in your country too!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 04:32:03 pm by chryspano »