Author Topic: Gridcoin's BTS Web Wallet Customisations!  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Customminer

• Bitshares FTW!
    • View Profile
  • GitHub: grctest
Gridcoin's BTS Web Wallet Customisations!
« on: January 17, 2017, 10:16:02 am »
https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@cm-steem/gridcoin-s-customised-bitshares-web-wallet-dex

The Gridcoin community has begun customizing the Bitshares web wallet, prioritizing OPEN.GRC as a featured asset & main trading pair against many important BTS assets!

It only took a day of editing (and a day of messing with the build environment) to get this far. It's not a live wallet for the public, but still in development & open-source for anyone to run locally.

I might create a guide for setting up a similar build environment using Windows and Virtualbox if anyone's interested?

I hope to add in new drop-down menus to the right of 'Deposit/Withdraw', linking to the other web wallets (OpenLedger, FreedomLedger, BTSABC, etc) and to BOINC/BTS/Gridcoin community links. The *.JSX is a tad confusing though..

Some of the screenshots still show Open.BTC being used as the trading pair, this has been changed.

Thoughts?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Re: Gridcoin's BTS Web Wallet Customisations!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 11:22:58 am »
I thought the idea of Gridcoin is to combine POW with making calculations that are helpful to science.
What purpose does Bitshares server here? I am sure the answer is simple, I just don't get it. 

Offline Customminer

• Bitshares FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 03:38:42 pm »
I thought the idea of Gridcoin is to combine POW with making calculations that are helpful to science.
What purpose does Bitshares server here? I am sure the answer is simple, I just don't get it.
Gridcoin does not use POW, it rewards verified BOINC computation on top of Proof of Stake.

The purpose of Bitshares is to serve as a decentralized exchange where we can trade open.grc upon.. lol

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 05:04:18 pm »
I hope to add in new drop-down menus to the right of 'Deposit/Withdraw', linking to the other web wallets (OpenLedger, FreedomLedger, BTSABC, etc) and to BOINC/BTS/Gridcoin community links. The *.JSX is a tad confusing though..
I think (but not sure) something similar to this should work:
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/blob/master/web/app/components/Layout/Header.jsx#L227
It can be used later somewhere in return (line 246).

Offline Customminer

• Bitshares FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 09:46:23 am »
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/blob/master/web/app/components/Layout/Header.jsx#L227
Cool, I'll try getting this to work this weekend. I also need to uplift the customizations to the latest BTS GUI release.

Edit: Merged in the latest bitshares ui changes :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:37:35 pm by crypto123 »

Offline Customminer

• Bitshares FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 09:51:34 am »
Managed to add a drop down menu thanks to your suggestion:

Offline Customminer

• Bitshares FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 03:36:52 am »
We should hold a theme creation challenge/contest, it's pretty much just picking 20 colours. Lesson learned - you need to provide translations to new themes in the dropdown menu.
BTS Web Wallet Dank edition, now with 200% airhorns. 420. Doritos.