Author Topic: [Witness Proposal] sahkan-bitshares  (Read 18550 times)

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
Hey,

Can you please update your HERTZ price feed to use a real USD price feed reference? bitUSD hasn't been accurate for months now, so your feeds whilst regularly published are about 40% off.

Cheers

I am using real USD pricing. I will take a look at the script. I keep getting voted in and out so hard to keep a steady pace atm.

Offline R

• View Profile
Hey,

Can you please update your HERTZ price feed to use a real USD price feed reference? bitUSD hasn't been accurate for months now, so your feeds whilst regularly published are about 40% off.

Cheers

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
You can find my latest update and X-mass giveaway on Steemit:
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@sahkan/sahkan-bitshares-witness-update

Offline renkcub

• View Profile

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
How did you set up your feeds for BitBTC? Curious as I am suggesting we create an official smartcoin for BitETH, etc...
It uses BitcoinAverage and falls back on the exchanges if that API is not available.

Thanks. is there a "code" for this that is public amongst witnesses you can share? I'd like to tweak it and put out a proposal. Are other witnesses using a similar strategy, or can they use their own?

Yes. We use price feed tools written by other members: BTS Tools, xeroc's price feed and alt's. Look at the guide I wrote:
 https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,24046.msg305206.html#msg305206

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
How did you set up your feeds for BitBTC? Curious as I am suggesting we create an official smartcoin for BitETH, etc...
It uses BitcoinAverage and falls back on the exchanges if that API is not available.

Thanks. is there a "code" for this that is public amongst witnesses you can share? I'd like to tweak it and put out a proposal. Are other witnesses using a similar strategy, or can they use their own?

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX

Offline renkcub

• View Profile

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
October notes for my witness:

- Updated MCR on HERO to 200%
- Updated my testnet witness and seed on TestNet after last night's testnet crash
- Approved HF, which scheduled for 2017-11-27 14:40 UTC
- Updated my test box to 32 RAM with 32 Swap and ran a full node test on TestNet
- My full node on dexnode.net runs now at 55.6GB RAM, if you want to run a Full node - plan accordingly, This is running on my 96GB RAM Dedicated server, I will upgrade it to 128GB RAM if we pass the 75GB RAM mark
-  To do for next 30 days:
             Update all my servers before the HF
             Upgrade my test box to 64GB RAM
            Build a faucet on dexnode.net to supplement OL

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
@sahkan could you check`? Regarding HERO

Will get done corrected today if I'm off.
@fav I just checked and DEX is forcing the MCR at 200% based on majority, I will adjust today to reflect that.

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX

Will get done corrected today if I'm off.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
September Witness Update

I just finished updating all my servers (Witness, 2 x Seed Nodes, API server, Test box, Test Net witness, Test Net Seed, Price Feed):

Full node/web wallet/API server: Runs at 43GB RAM, Web wallet just updated to the latest release of 20170830.

I now have a full time server running a witness on the BTS Test net.
Full time testnet seed at:  23.92.53.25:11010

Looks like we only have 5 active API access points. I hope we will get couple more active to provide ease of use for the traders. I am not pulling detailed statistics on my API server but more or less I average 150 connections/sec.

Have a great BitShares month!

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
Poloniex doesn't need to run a full node. They should run node with these values configured:

Code: [Select]
track-account = "1.2.20067"
partial-operations = true

Then it will require around 2GB of RAM.

By the way, if you configured your node with "max-ops-per-account" correctly (then it won't be a "full node" any more), it should use around 4GB of RAM but not more than 20GB, so perhaps there is something wrong with your config file. Please note that the new parameters should be added above the first logging section, but not at the end of config.ini file.
Indeed, I added it at the end of the config.ini. But I want to run a full node on my wallet so I will just remove it.
Just a note, it's best to NOT produce blocks on a full node, for example, use it as a public API server in the same time, you may miss blocks when the API service load getting high, thus impact overall performance of the network. If you want to serve more, run another node and best on another VPS/hardware.
I definitely agree.  Mine are on two different dedicated servers.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Poloniex doesn't need to run a full node. They should run node with these values configured:

Code: [Select]
track-account = "1.2.20067"
partial-operations = true

Then it will require around 2GB of RAM.

By the way, if you configured your node with "max-ops-per-account" correctly (then it won't be a "full node" any more), it should use around 4GB of RAM but not more than 20GB, so perhaps there is something wrong with your config file. Please note that the new parameters should be added above the first logging section, but not at the end of config.ini file.
Indeed, I added it at the end of the config.ini. But I want to run a full node on my wallet so I will just remove it.
Just a note, it's best to NOT produce blocks on a full node, for example, use it as a public API server in the same time, you may miss blocks when the API service load getting high, thus impact overall performance of the network. If you want to serve more, run another node and best on another VPS/hardware.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 11:31:17 am by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit