Author Topic: Need help importing from original wallet to 2.0 - Bounty 4000 BTS  (Read 4228 times)

Offline mrbildo

• View Profile
So you wanna enlighten us to how you solved this? Seems a lot of others have the same or similar problems.

Offline Eli.traminsky

• View Profile
I'm having the exact same problem when I import the json file says "wallet already imported"

How were you able to resolve?

Thanks

Offline crumb-bum

• View Profile
I really thought those coins were lost until Fluxer555 contacted me. It took two sessions on Skype, and a very reasonable commission for Fluxer, and I'm back in business. Thanks SOOOOO much, Fluxer. Craziest part of it is that it turns out we live within 1/2 mile of each other. PM me, bro, and I'll treat you to that beer.

gratefully, crumb-bum

Offline Profet

• View Profile
  • BitShares: profet

Offline Profet

• View Profile
It only works if exported via command line. My importing is instant.

Offline sva_h4cky0

• onore dikeido
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sva-h4cky0
if i remember correctly...  :D

somehow exporting priv key from gui wallet 0.9.3.c is not working properly, so i have to export them via command line. the encrypted files produce from command line have different file size than via gui.

when i tried to import priv key to bts 2.0, it's took so long to finish (couple hours). actualy i tried several times until it show me correct balance, then im able to claim them.
天の道を行き、総てを司る! Ten no michi o iki, subete o tsukasadoru!

Offline Profet

• View Profile
Thanks for help. I closed it for 14 months still nothing.

First time I tried to import it in 2.0 it showed the correct number of coins but when I hit import only the previous username was imported.

I also tried to import via private key.

My only guess is something went bad due to having both installations on the same drive.

But really how can I see what happened between 0.9c and 2.0? My 0.9c user was not registered.

Offline doggo

• View Profile
Had a similar problem. Import of json into Bitshares v2 from v0.9.3c showed 2 keys with some balance, but once imported successfully Lookup Balances did not show anything. I closed Bitshares v2 client for an hour or so, reopened again, went Lookup Balances and all coins appeared, so I was able to claim, hooray!

If above does not work for you another suggestion is to follow the instructions on this article: https://gist.github.com/flux627/f16ad0daf02c3fe7fe58ce9d39b753ee

Good luck,
D.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 10:41:48 am by doggo »

Offline Profet

• View Profile
Bounty up to 4000 BTS.

Is there any way to check what happened between 0.9c and 2.0? I mean check the transactions on a block explorer.

Offline Profet

• View Profile
Back in the bitshares0.9 days, did you ever move your coins *AFTER* you made your backup?

Hi, I never used any wallet besides the original one.

I have both 0.9c and 2.0 installed on the same drive can that be an issue somehow?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:29:12 pm by Profet »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Back in the bitshares0.9 days, did you ever move your coins *AFTER* you made your backup?

Offline Profet

• View Profile
Ok so I copied only chain blocks and managed to start 0.9.3c, then imported BTC/PTS wallets and now 0.9.3c is showing the correct balance. I exported using command and indeed the json file is bigger than previously.

Importing in 2.0 showed weird balances (like 418 or so) but gave an error when claiming. When trying to re import I get the "keys already imported".

Edit:

In 2.0 I had a new account created and this account was able to claim those 418 coins. I have no idea were those numbers are coming from.

How on earth is this working? The first time I tried to import in 2.0 it showed the correct balance but when I hit import...no coins only the name was transfered.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:15:32 pm by Profet »

Offline Profet

• View Profile
Bounty up to 2000 BTS.

I tried some more, I can see my balance if I open up 0.9.3c but only the part from Bitshares not the part from Angelshares. I downloadded the chain for 0.9.3c but it is not starting with it. Just shows first screen.

Exported json from 0.9.3c with command, but when trying to import in 2.0 it says it is already imported. Reinstalled 2.0, imported successfully, still showing 14 BTS balance.

Offline Profet

• View Profile
Hi, noob here. I have tried this a year ago and gave up.

I have problems importing my coins in Bitshares 2.0 light. I had a json file from an older version(the oldest wallet I think), imported in 0.9.3c then saved into another json file(I think I didn't wait for it to sync though). Then I imported the new file in Bitshares 2.0 and it displayed my number of coins and my old nick name. I hit import and the old nickname was added to my wallet but not the coins. I went to reclaim the coins but there were only 14 coins I could reclaim. I had just over 20k coins in my old wallet(was not synced though) but those were genesis coins and never made any payments(the coins were imported in the wallet).

Not sure if this is allowed but I offer 1000 BTS bounty if someone offers a good solution that starts either from the 2.0 wallet with only 14 coins, from the oldest wallet or from the 0.9.3c json.

Appreciate the help.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:04:59 am by Profet »