Author Topic: Fees Report  (Read 9748 times)

Offline paliboy

@Taconator do you plan to publish new reports? If yes, it would be nice to have a separate section for bitCNY and bitUSD trading fees.

Offline Taconator

• View Profile
A new report of collected fees through October 2017 has been prepared and is available at here.

During the month, 2.31 million BTS were collected for 7.89 million operations (within 2.71 million transactions) on the blockchain. 50% of the operations were due to market order creations, and 41% were due to market order cancellations. However, those operations only generated 2% of the collected fees.

The leading distribution of operational fees paid/collected with BTS were as follows:

Operation Type% of Total BTS
Asset Create80%
Account Upgrades14%
Account Create2%
Limit Order Create2%
Transfer Operation1%

If you do encounter any errors in the report, please let me know and I will correct the report as soon as possible.

Offline Taconator

• View Profile
A new report of collected fees through August 2017 has been prepared and is available at here.

During the month, 0.80 million BTS were collected for 8.92 million operations (within 2.96 million transactions) on the blockchain. 48% of the operations were due to market order creations, and 43% were due to market order cancellations. However, those operations only generated 8% of the collected fees.

The leading distribution of operational fees paid/collected with BTS were as follows:

Asset Create69%
Account Upgrades17%
Limit Order Create7%
Account Create4%
Transfer Operation2%
Limit Order Cancel Operation1%

If you do encounter any errors in the report, please let me know and I will correct the report as soon as possible.

Offline beginner

• View Profile
great report! thank you! :D

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
A new report of collected fees through June 2017 has been prepared and is available at here.

During the month, 1.60 million BTS were collected for 9.32 million operations (within 2.60 million transactions) on the blockchain. The leading distribution of operational fees paid/collected with BTS were as follows:

Asset Create64%
Account Upgrades16%
Account Create14%
Limit Order Create3%
Transfer Operation1%

256k BTS ($43k) for Account Upgrades is still a whole lot. Considering how expensive it is and what you get for it.

Offline Taconator

• View Profile
A new report of collected fees through June 2017 has been prepared and is available at here.

During the month, 1.60 million BTS were collected for 9.32 million operations (within 2.60 million transactions) on the blockchain. The leading distribution of operational fees paid/collected with BTS were as follows:

Asset Create64%
Account Upgrades16%
Account Create14%
Limit Order Create3%
Transfer Operation1%

Offline Taconator

• View Profile
Thank you so much for this data!

I've just read it quickly, and I can see that in Table 2
Table 2. Fees collected by the blockchain from 2015-10 through 2017-04 for the different operation types.
That the 'Quantity' of fees(?) for USD since October 2015 (18 whole months) is only $113.6

Does this really mean that BitShares has only collected £113 worth of fees by enabling the use of bitUSD for nearly 2 years??

No although I see how that could be interpreted that way. Actually, that row is simply reporting how many fees were paid with bitUSD.  All entries throughout the report simply indicate with which assets fees were paid.

Offline Taconator

• View Profile
In case you missed it the summary says fees collected between October of 2017 to April of 2017. Should be October of 2015.

Thanks for the error notice. Will correct.

Offline Thom

In case you missed it the summary says fees collected between October of 2017 to April of 2017. Should be October of 2015.

Other than that minor item the report looks great, very informative. Should help the committee to adjust fees
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
I'm pretty sure most of the fees collected as a result of BitUSD are in BTS. It's possible to pay fees with another asset, but it usually doesn't happen.
Makes sense, cheers.

So the vital statistic that shareholders should be looking at to see the overall profitability of the network is the 'fees collected in bts'?
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I'm pretty sure most of the fees collected as a result of BitUSD are in BTS. It's possible to pay fees with another asset, but it usually doesn't happen.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
A report on the fees collected on the BitShares blockchain through April 2017 can be found here.

During the month, 2.97 million BTS were collected for 2.87 million operations (within 1.01 million transactions) on the blockchain.

During the month, the leading distribution of BTS feed collected for operations were as follows:

Asset Create67%
Account Upgrades14%
Limit Order Create7%
Account Create6%

Two charts are available within the document: one for fees versus time, another for operations versus time.

Thank you so much for this data!

I've just read it quickly, and I can see that in Table 2
Table 2. Fees collected by the blockchain from 2015-10 through 2017-04 for the different operation types.
That the 'Quantity' of fees(?) for USD since October 2015 (18 whole months) is only $113.6

Does this really mean that BitShares has only collected £113 worth of fees by enabling the use of bitUSD for nearly 2 years??
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Taconator

• View Profile
A report on the fees collected on the BitShares blockchain through April 2017 can be found here.

During the month, 2.97 million BTS were collected for 2.87 million operations (within 1.01 million transactions) on the blockchain.

During the month, the leading distribution of BTS feed collected for operations were as follows:

Asset Create67%
Account Upgrades14%
Limit Order Create7%
Account Create6%

Two charts are available within the document: one for fees versus time, another for operations versus time.

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
Interested in charts by month.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
is there a chance to get a report every month? how much work is it?