Author Topic: Dan's Next Project - EOS Rears its Head  (Read 56361 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
If I purchase EOS tokens on an exchange (instead of the ICO), how do I transfer them to an ethereum wallet?  Do I just use the ethereum wallet address or are there other steps?

Good question. Anyone know?

you have to send them to an ether address, you also have to interact with the EOS smartcontract to get your private key that is needed to migrate to EOS chain once its up.

tutorials are on eos.io

Offline konelectric

If I purchase EOS tokens on an exchange (instead of the ICO), how do I transfer them to an ethereum wallet?  Do I just use the ethereum wallet address or are there other steps?

Good question. Anyone know?
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline testz

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
The token distribution schedule is available now at eos.io

There is a large section in the instructions about mapping a public key to a Buyer's account:

7.12. Failure to Map a Public Key to Buyer’s Account. Failure of Buyer to map a public key to Buyer’s account may result in third parties being unable to recognize Buyer’s EOS Token balance on the Ethereum blockchain when and if they configure the initial balances of a new blockchain based upon the EOS.IO Software of which Company makes no representation or guarantee.

Then later the same problem (I think) is addressed as registering a public key for your Ethereum account:

Failing register a public key for your Ethereum account
If you hold EOS Tokens in an Ethereum account and fail to register a public key or lose the private key that maps to your registered public key, then your EOS Tokens will not be part of the snapshot when the EOS Tokens become fixed and non-transferable on the Ethereum blockchain. If and when someone launches a blockchain adopting the EOS.IO Software there may be less than 1 billion EOS Tokens outstanding after taking into account those who fail to register a public key.

I've never used the ethereum blockchain.  Can anyone explain how this registration/mapping works in ethereum and what steps need to be taken other than simply donating to the smart contract address from an address where you hold the private key?

Offline yellowecho

How long before we have a working product? How long before we can trade the tokens? 329 days according to the first draft.. too long.

EOS is running on a test network now but projected to be finished by the end of the crowd sale. I thought I'd read that tokens could be traded the moment they're bought.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline MisO69

• View Profile
360 days of crowdfund is too long. I can understand trying to make it fair but I'm hesitant to lock up my funds for a year when everything is going up up up.

How long before we have a working product? How long before we can trade the tokens? 329 days according to the first draft.. too long.

Offline yellowecho

I'm getting an invalid Contract Address?
Am I doing something wrong?
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Online Brekyrself

• View Profile

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Why you guys think that EOS will be for sell only on ETH chain?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Me too.. I would short the shit out of bitusd to buy EOS. But I don't think I want to sell my bts to buy ETH to buy EOS.. I really hope they consider a percentage of the ICO in bitassets.

Online Brekyrself

• View Profile
@bytemaster I guess people just don't learn from past mistakes

The AGS style is good for an ICO.
365 days is waaayyy too looongggg in the crypto world
They should have done 60% in ETH if they so wish to but at least 40% should be in bitusd and bitcny so they have at least some security that the funds raised will at least have a stable value and not subject to price swings..That would also attract a lot of bts whales who may not want to sell their BTS to buy ETH to buy EOS but would not mind spend their bitusd, bitcny from their collateralized positions or from their savings accounts to buy EOS. That would also give a whole new meaning to market pegged assets that @bytemaster you have created and would drive bts price to unimaginable levels..

But the reality is that people just don't learn from past mistakes and this is just sad..

Brilliant.  I would short bitUSD to buy EOS in a heartbeat.  This way I would not have to exit a BTS position.

@bytemaster @Stan This is exactly your HERO idea with a EOS spin...

Offline JoeyD

They should have done 60% in ETH if they so wish to but at least 40% should be in bitusd and bitcny so they have at least some security that the funds raised will at least have a stable value and not subject to price swings..That would also attract a lot of bts whales who may not want to sell their BTS to buy ETH to buy EOS but would not mind spend their bitusd, bitcny from their collateralized positions or from their savings accounts to buy EOS. That would also give a whole new meaning to market pegged assets that @bytemaster you have created and would drive bts price to unimaginable levels..

But the reality is that people just don't learn from past mistakes and this is just sad..

Yeah, the argument that eth is the only liquid smart contract chain at the moment is weak in my opinion. You only need a timestamp and amount to determine the distribution, where is the need for a smartcontract in that? All blockchains support that much at the very least.

And yeah, they should support other graphene chains. Gambling on eth being A-OK in a year is most definately not a prudent move.

Offline konelectric

I seen other ICOs start with only Bitcoin, then latter on add in BTS, Steem, etc. If there is a demand for it they might.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

+5%