Author Topic: BlockPay in Serious Trouble  (Read 46781 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I don't get it. If Ken publishes his stuff under MIT, what kind of IP transfer agreement is needed beyond that?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
This sounds like Ken wants to keep everything MIT licence and you don't.

Hi JonnyBitcoin,

MIT or not is not the dispute with Ken. I am supporting open source and MIT licensed projects because that will help us all to develop more crypto product and services. The blockchain community is still in its early stage and the more useful applications we can build and share the better.

BitShares Munich products have been published under MIT license so that other teams can contribute and even build their own versions with the goal to provide a larger infrastructure of BitShares and Blockchain-based tools.

kenCode-de/smartcoins-wallet is licensed under the
MIT License
A short and simple permissive license with conditions only requiring preservation of copyright and license notices. Licensed works, modifications, and larger works may be distributed under different terms and without source code.

smartcoins wallet and I think every other software is released under MIT, as expected, now you try to claim some IP? this is exactly what no one wants or needs in crypto, and what most of us want to avoid.

very disgusted by your actions, @Chris4210

@fav thank you for sharing your concerns.
It is not my intention to "claim some IP" and/or to close source our products. I am for open source work.

In the case of BitShares Munich we are specifically talking about that Ken did not follow common business practices and did not make proper IP transfer agreements with our developers. In the last 10 months, I reached out several times to Ken and asked him to provide the signed documents for the company. Unfortunately, I never received it.

BitShares Munich is now solving the dispute over the IP, to avoid any future claims, lawsuit or other copyright violations that may occur through providing for example white label mobile wallet solutions. Since white label mobile wallets are one of our most requested products today, the company needs to make sure it hold all the necessary rights to sell, promote and maintain white label mobile wallets for its clients.

Nothing could be worse than building a Smartcoins wallet based mobile wallet for a restaurant, gas stations or a bank only to end up in a legal lawsuit because the IP rights have not been cleared before with the developers.

With more than 10 white label clients in the pipeline, it is in the companies best interest to know what is the legal situation with their developers.

Please also keep in mind that some of our clients, who want to buy a white label wallet from us, prefer to keep their apps private and request to show them the proper IP documents.
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
kenCode-de/smartcoins-wallet is licensed under the
MIT License
A short and simple permissive license with conditions only requiring preservation of copyright and license notices. Licensed works, modifications, and larger works may be distributed under different terms and without source code.

smartcoins wallet and I think every other software is released under MIT, as expected, now you try to claim some IP? this is exactly what no one wants or needs in crypto, and what most of us want to avoid.

very disgusted by your actions, @Chris4210

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
This sounds like Ken wants to keep everything MIT licence and you don't.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Dear community,

please find my answer here: https://steemit.com/news/@kenCode/chris4210-where-are-you#@Chris4210/re-chris4210-re-kencode-chris4210-where-are-you-201754t182021979z-20170505t084559589z

I am open to answer more questions in today´s hangout here:
https://steemit.com/beyondbitcoin/@Chris4210/bitshares-hangout-19-w-chris4210-and-officialfuzzy-2017-05-05

Best regards,
Christoph Hering

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

They just want to make some money

Translation?

Let me do the honor.

Sometimes the dude just want to earn some money, but the public really dug into the white paper.
Those coins that can rise in price do not need a white paper.
 As for those coins that cannot rise in price, it meant nothing even if the white paper was written as if it was the ‘Origin of Species’.
-------- Famous BTS evangelist Wuyanren

It's a inside joke to point out that dev teams uses whitepaper to  earn money, and the public really thinks reading white paper can help them earn money as well.
but in the end those coins that can make u money(rise in price) do not need a white paper at all.
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Oh my word, this is awful news, just as BitShares is improving.

I hope Chris gives us an explanation and things can get back on track.

Hang in there KenCode.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile

They just want to make some money
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
whatever happens, you cannot hold back salary. that's breaking labour laws

Offline R

• View Profile
@kenCode  says he can't afford lawyers and then @Chris4210 responds by saying:

"We are still waiting for your lawyers answers regarding a time to meet"

Hope you guys can just talk directly and move forward in an amicable way.
Very good point, I guess Chris will be waiting indefinetley then? lol..
But in all seriousness this is a surprising setback, I thought Blockpay was progressing nicely..

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Wasn't BlockPay and Stealth one of the main reasons people have gotten all bulled up about BTS?

It's also very troubling to see how disconnected the "main" players for blockpay seem to be from each other...  Isn't this a business?  Shouldn't everyone be keeping in constant contact with each other?  It seems like they havn't met or talked in weeks.  Ken says he tried to contact Chris via SMS, email, and telegram... Why not try a telephone!

Offline yvv

• View Profile
What a tragedy! Interesting, somehow I am not surprised.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
@kenCode  says he can't afford lawyers and then @Chris4210 responds by saying:

"We are still waiting for your lawyers answers regarding a time to meet"

Hope you guys can just talk directly and move forward in an amicable way.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
This is copied from a Steemit post on kencodes blog... Probably the reason behind the torching of BlockPay's market cap today.

"
@Chris4210 where are you?
Today, my claws come out. I invested my entire life savings into those BLOCKPAY tokens because you promised us that we would get to “share in the rewards from BlockPay transactions as well as value increases from products built by the Company”.
My life savings: http://cryptofresh.com/u/kencode
Your promise: http://cryptofresh.com/a/BLOCKPAY
(more promises found on reddit, facebook, twitter, linkedin and more)

The past couple weeks, Development has come to a crawl Chris, this is very damaging as my Developers and I have no idea where the money is. I heard you were starting another company with xeroc and some shark named constantin. Is that true? I even got word that you had my company formally Appraised? Is that true?

I have still not been paid my salary, my bills are past due now, my babies are hungry and you know I sure as hell can’t afford a lawyer to track you down. Barely 2 weeks ago you emailed me and said “Current reserves are around 540 BTC + 25k Euro on Bank account”. Really?

If that is true, then where is all that money?! I see you have been recently taking out hundreds of thousands of dollars, where did all that money go?!
https://blockchain.info/address/37jDFfS9WJEPL33YivJbnjfQQNU5RjFWFY

How the hell are we going to be able to continue launching crypto products with no money Chris? A Bitshares Worker Proposal? Your investors never agreed to that!

You agreed (multiple ways) that you would stop trying to take charge of my Developers and Rodrigo’s marketing team too. I guess you fail to remember him yelling at you and hanging up on you?? Even emailing you and telling you to stop it. Obviously that contract has also been breached. My Developers said that you contacted them and stated that you are in charge now and I am leaving my own company? Is that true?!

You agreed (in person with your lawyer/father, and via email) that if more than $2000 was to be expensed that you would get my permission first! Where is the money?!

Your investors deserve to know what I am building, every single week, at a minimum. People love it when I post my weekly technical reports and I will not stop writing them and posting them online to show off what we’re building (including links to our github commits). Apparently, because of this, a couple weeks ago your excuse was “you leave us with no choice but to stop all sales and marketing activities immediately” as if my reports were somehow damaging my own company. You’re kidding, right? If you quit, then why did you start flying around the world on a “BlockPay World Tour”? 1,095 Bitcoins wasn’t enough for you? Now I find out that you are hiding out somewhere in China with your girlfriend. WTF?!
Our commits: https://github.com/kenCode-de?tab=repositories
1,095 Bitcoins: https://blockpay.ch/newsroom/investor-relations/blockpay-reserves/

There are currently 762 of us who have trusted you!!!! I’ll be damned if you’re going to steal all of the STEALTH tokens I bought for my company too.
Holders: http://cryptofresh.com/a/BLOCKPAY
STEALTH tokens: http://cryptofresh.com/u/bitshares-munich

Attempts to contact you and settle this matter by email, SMS and Telegram have failed. Hopefully this steemit post reaches you. You have left me no choice but to contact the Authorities.

Chris, I was building crypto products before I even met you and refuse to let you destroy my company like this. I gave you 49% of BitShares Munich so that you would pay the bills, and get out there and start marketing the products that I built and continue to build (well, not as of late, obviously).

Going public with this is the right thing to do, as transparency is required Chris! Of course this may damage the value of our BLOCKPAY tokens for a bit, but you have left me no choice. As you are well aware, I have always fought for my rights and I will do so once again. As an activist, I assure you I will not stop until you honor the contracts you have made with us, let us see your accounting, pay all of our invoices, answer my questions above, and settle this with me immediately. Since you Follow my blog here on steemit.com, we all know you have been notified. Just as before, I will also send you this notice via email, SMS and Telegram.

More posts to come. Stay tuned, this may get bumpy."