Author Topic: BlockPay in Serious Trouble  (Read 46777 times)

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Trezor support "soon"?

:DDDDDDDDDDDD

Haven't you noticed?

Summer's here.

:D

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Trezor support "soon"?

:DDDDDDDDDDDD
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline karnal

• View Profile
That's some good news.

Offline konelectric

Back to work! Weekly Update for BlockPay, Stealth, C-IPFS, Carbon and more...

(   https://steemit.com/news/@kenCode/back-to-work-weekly-update-for-blockpay-stealth-c-ipfs-carbon-and-more  )

Please copy and paste the link

+5% × infinity. Shorten link: http://bit.ly/2sKjijb
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:14:39 pm by konelectric »
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline onceuponatime

Back to work! Weekly Update for BlockPay, Stealth, C-IPFS, Carbon and more...

(   https://steemit.com/news/@kenCode/back-to-work-weekly-update-for-blockpay-stealth-c-ipfs-carbon-and-more  )

Please copy and paste the link
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 05:25:39 pm by onceuponatime »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
So what I have garnered this week...

I contacted Chris received a response.  Basically he said he can't comment on the relationship with Ken since it is "complicated".

is this tinder or something? did he change his relationship status on facebook too?

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
So what I have garnered this week...

I contacted Chris received a response.  Basically he said he can't comment on the relationship with Ken since it is "complicated".  He also said he is doing his best to retain the value of the blockpay investors investments.

After listening to the hangout today, it appears everyone else at Blockpay has the opinion that Chris has disappeared with the money.  They have not worked in 3 weeks and have not been paid.  They have said chris won't contact them.

It sounds like the community is leaning towards removing Chris from all influential positions within bitshares (running the hangout, committee member)

Basically blockpay is not functioning at all... and from what it sounds like, unless chris comes back and clears the air or gives up control, blockpay is dead.

Offline onceuponatime

So what's been going on in Bitshares-Munich? Part 2
The Plot Thickens - ( !!! and a 5,000 Steem reward !!! )
(that's well over $10,000 US at today's coinmarketcap.com valuation)

Link: copy and paste in your browser
goo.gl/l6qZcV

or

https://steemit.com/beyondbitcoin/@onceuponatime/so-what-s-been-going-on-in-bitshares-munich-part-2

Offline Mateusz

• View Profile
With Bitshares value where it is today and given the troubles with Blockpay, is it not possible for a worker to fund the development of stealth?  That way everyone pays and everyone benefits.  Lets move on asap and get it built.
Only those that hold STEALTH benefit .. and that is mostly dan (who had the foundation coded) and kencode .. no one else has any incentive to work on stealth the way it is right now

That is besides the BitShares Munich IVS that took money for the development of Stealth and transferred rights to "the stake in the revenue stream from it's products" to the BLOCKPAY token holders. If the CEO were to find himself in a bind that he's unable to solve, he should step down and take his case to the shareholders and the community as the common courtesy dictates. The deliberate opaqueness and unwillingness to debate the situation openly tells it all.

As for the failing price of the BLOCKPAY token I hold the CEO directly responsible.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
With Bitshares value where it is today and given the troubles with Blockpay, is it not possible for a worker to fund the development of stealth?  That way everyone pays and everyone benefits.  Lets move on asap and get it built.
Only those that hold STEALTH benefit .. and that is mostly dan (who had the foundation coded) and kencode .. no one else has any incentive to work on stealth the way it is right now

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline Mateusz

• View Profile
No PR whatsoever, the only developer and co-founder has been suspended until further notice and the minority shareholder and CEO thinks he can strong-arm the majority shareholder. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seams to me, it's high time to salvage anything that is left from BlockPay project and move forward under the OpenPOS brand.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Since I received no answer here, I went to the blockpay discord channel... They are contemplating a payback.  The opaqueness of this whole situation is incredible...

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
And another issue... I got this from the state of the network report

"In this weeks Bitshares Hangout, @kenCode and @onceuponatime have revealed that Bitshares Stealth utilizing CA (Confidential Assets) is in active development and should be seeing this tech hit the testnet in the next couple of months. Big thanks to @onceuponatime who has taken it upon himself to fund the remaining development of Stealth and ensure Ken and the team have the runway required to finalise the project."

Does this mean blockpay is not going to enjoy the benefits from stealth?

If stealth becomes a core functionality of the BTS network, why should BlockPay be not able to benefit from it/use it? Am I missing some obvious thing?

Stealth developement is being paid for by blockpay investors... The investors in blockpay should see a direct return from stealth transactions.  @kenCode or @Chris4210 needs to clarify how blockpay investors will be compensated for funding stealth.

From the steemit post I quoted, it almost sounds like there is rogue stealth development happening.  Obviously bitshares holders who don't own blockpay couldn't care less who developes stealth, but this should be at the forefront of concerns for blockpay holders.

Offline lakerta06

And another issue... I got this from the state of the network report

"In this weeks Bitshares Hangout, @kenCode and @onceuponatime have revealed that Bitshares Stealth utilizing CA (Confidential Assets) is in active development and should be seeing this tech hit the testnet in the next couple of months. Big thanks to @onceuponatime who has taken it upon himself to fund the remaining development of Stealth and ensure Ken and the team have the runway required to finalise the project."

Does this mean blockpay is not going to enjoy the benefits from stealth?

If stealth becomes a core functionality of the BTS network, why should BlockPay be not able to benefit from it/use it? Am I missing some obvious thing?