Author Topic: active witnesses mr.agsexplorer feed age 10 months jerryliu 1 day no bitbtc  (Read 4276 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
witness jerryliu (committee bitcrab) takes his job very seriously... when he got time.

I don't disagree with your request @bitcrab, I would not oppose it.

However, I would like to point out that you are not exactly setting a good example for witnesses to follow.

You were the one who helped promote the rise in witness pay and I supported you in that.

I am quite sad your feeds are broken AND you missed a huge number of blocks, that's not acting responsibly towards your role as a witness, and it makes us all look bad. Please try to do better and get your feeds running again!

I am sorry for the bad behavior of my witness in recent past.
I am not a enough skilled programmer/system administrator, and I am very busy these days, after I updated my witness node I also tried to do feeding with btsprice, but not sure what happen I kept failing to do so...
fortunatelly now in a whole the price feeding of witnesses work well so my absent do not lead to obvious worse consequence...
I'll try to fix my price feeding scripts when I have time...

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Really it is completely up to @bitcrab @alt who will be witnesses now because of the proxy power they have combined.
this is the spirit of POS,
you want more power, buy more shares.
bitcrab have bought 200M shares, so he deserve this power, right?
and I believe  he will  contribute more to Bitshares  than you or me or anybody anonymous.
the power belong to the share holders, not bitcrab nor me.

you are not satisfied for the fact that we don't vote for you,
I have post many times for the reason.
don't I have the right to choose who I trust? you are out so we are not decentralized?

Didn't know that bitcrab bought 200M bitshares. Respect  ;)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
what kind of proxy mechanism do u prefer to be decentralized:

a guy who develops some software,or a guy who posts +5% threads and positive views, then gains reputation, attract proxy votes.  (which means no real stakes involved, easy to replicate this influence and control the system.)

or , a guy who brought tons of BTS with his own money, showing confidence in the system, then attract proxy votes? 

maybe neither.  but the latter beats the former for sure.
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Really it is completely up to @bitcrab @alt who will be witnesses now because of the proxy power they have combined.
this is the spirit of POS,
you want more power, buy more shares.
bitcrab have bought 200M shares, so he deserve this power, right?
and I believe  he will  contribute more to Bitshares  than you or me or anybody anonymous.
the power belong to the share holders, not bitcrab nor me.

you are not satisfied for the fact that we don't vote for you,
I have post many times for the reason.
don't I have the right to choose who I trust? you are out so we are not decentralized?

Offline twitter

• View Profile
witness:

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
It may not sound decentralized to you, but it is. Stakeholders can easily change their proxy votes.

Offline R

• View Profile
This does not sound decentralized. We really need a fairer representation of possible proxies rather than a static list: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/issues/135
I think BSIP-005 would also be massively beneficial https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/blob/master/bsip-0005.md

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I think that any witness who isn't providing price feeds is failing at the witness role, even a small quantity of price feeds is a poor effort - we should be maximizing the amount of price feeds provided by witnesses.

At the code level it is completely up to the witnesses.. for a while we had some refusing to publish CNY because they couldn't agree with the changes being made to the markets.. they are gone now.

I see this thread posted yesterday: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,24118.msg305827.html#msg305827

I was voted out the day after Rolands witnesslog came out showing my CNY feed 1 point over others in the middle of a CNY feed crisis where the primary sources everyone uses were down.. its because I am taking in other sources that most are not my price comes in a little higher. Should be noted there are some that are lower too.. the median is what gets used. All Chinese voters were quick to unvote me and vote in all these ones you see now. That was over a week ago... which is why it seems strange that this post comes out yesterday attacking my witness... I can't help but wonder if there is misinformation being circulated in the asian chat channels that I am unaware of.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline R

• View Profile
I think that any witness who isn't providing price feeds is failing at the witness role, even a small quantity of price feeds is a poor effort - we should be maximizing the amount of price feeds provided by witnesses.

Offline Thom

witness mr.agsexplorer started feeding again.

But do we really need a witness that was afk for 10 months?

I think NOT!

I am also quite surprised he didn't get someone to watch over his witness operation if he couldn't do himself while traveling.

Bitcrab was one of those who helped get the witness pay increased, which at the time was sorely needed. Things are radically different now tho.

I sure would love to know what the avg eastern investor believes or knows regarding the witness role and why they would choose one witness over another. I suspect it has little to do with the merits of the role (impact on security, cost to network). I tend to believe that most have little concern or awareness of witnesses except for the pay they receive. Most are probably quite oblivious to how DPoS works and just how important Witnesses are.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
witness mr.agsexplorer started feeding again.

But do we really need a witness that was afk for 10 months?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline Thom

FYI - The witness increase happened in Late Feb, so JerryLiu's campaign was Feb not March.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
on top:

witness jerryliu missed bocks (last 7 days): 945

mr.agsexplorer missed blocks (last 7 days): 368

check your proxies votings: http://cryptofresh.com/ballots

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
guys, check your votes, this is unacceptable.

http://roelandp.nl/bitshareswitnesslog/?witness=mr.agsexplorer

http://roelandp.nl/bitshareswitnesslog/?witness=jerryliu

also, jerryliu is bitcrab - yes, the one who lobbied for witness payment increase in march. great performance.