Author Topic: Migrate from version 0.4.24.1  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
If you can create a backup then you have the correct password, as far as I'm aware

Do more research to make sure you're doing it right (don't just follow these steps blindly):

Make a backup file of you wallet and save it, write down the password you can remember to make sure you don't forget it

You'll then probably have to import this wallet into v0.9.3, torrent the full 0.9.3 blockchain, and then export the wallet once the balance has updated by scanning the blockchain.
I think this exported file is a .json.

You can then use openledger to import your wallet to BTS 2.0, by using the "claim balances" feature once you have sucessfully imported and logged into your OpenLedger wallet
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline BPJersey

Just recently opened up my old bitshare client, never updated it after (or before) the snapshot...its still on Version 0.4.24.1, the balance is 0 and I'm not sure how to get the funds back on current platform version..  I have access to the client to create a wallet backup, but i don't have any passphrase written down, would the passphrase just be the password to log into the client?   Can someone please advise how to proceed on this, I don't want to upgrade to V 0.9.3  and loose all access to the current client before i have info i may need to restore the wallet...