Author Topic: Forgot password  (Read 7623 times)

Offline bitbybits

• View Profile
Ok I was able to export my wallet and receive a json file. Do I go to https://bitshares.openledger.info to import my wallet or do I go to a different website?

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
It's complicated. And it depends on your situation.

It sounds like you have remembered your password which means you should be able to use the json file you have and import it into the web-wallet to restore your account.

You can try that.

But don't delete the desktop client you have now!

Offline bitbybits

• View Profile
WIll signing into the web client help bring my account up to speed or is it safer to do it on the installed version?

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
Yes, the network is up and running fine.  You might need to update your client.

I don't have too much experience with the desktop client, but you might want to make sure you have the most recent version.

https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui

Perhaps the nodes hardcoded in your version for connecting to the network have changed if you have an older version?

Offline bitbybits

• View Profile
Update: when I put my mouse on the "severe network problems" it says this:

Delegate participation rate is below 60% please consider to postpone all transfers until the rate is back to 100%.

I'm somewhat familiar with what a Delegate is. But overall I don't know what this means.

Offline bitbybits

• View Profile
I have a client installed on my computer. When I right click internet connection icon on the bottom right of the client. It gives me an option to click reload. Do I click that in order for me to resync with the blockchain?

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
Are you using the web wallet or do you have a client installed on your computer?

Offline bitbybits

• View Profile
I think I have good news. I entered a password into my btshares 2.0 client. The program appeared to have started up but it was blank mentioning no account information. After I did that, I clicked the blue button add account. I inserted m I inserted my username? I do recognize the picture image that goes along with my username. But my client is saying it is not connected to the internet. I know am I connected to the internet since I'm writing this post but I'm not sure what to do next. I'm happy I made it this far ^_^

To answer your question I got my private before Bitshares 2.0 was launched.

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
Can you give more information about the private key you have? Don't write the private key here of course, but explain more about it. Did you get it from BitShares 0.x or from BitShares 2.0? What were the steps you took to get it?

I ask because in BitShares keys are generate for all kinds of operations and it's important to know if you have what you need.

Offline bitbybits

• View Profile
I'm using the bitshares 2.0 program. Do I do a restore wallet?

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
If you really have the private key (WIF format) you should be OK. But it will take some work to recover everything.
The .json file requires the wallet password to use, so if you have forgotten that it is no help to you.

Offline bitbybits

• View Profile
I can't remember the password to my wallet. I have the private key and the json file. I see a lot of people saying something about a .bin file. I recall making one when migrating from Bitsion 1.0 to 2.0. I hope there is a way to recover my wallet. If not, just say so and I'll let it go. I'm willing to pay BTS for assistance. I first got started in BTS 5 years ago.