Author Topic: open:btc to bts  (Read 3999 times)

Offline thesoyboy

I don't know why but the blocktrades conversion worked today. So pissed I missed the runup in BTS trying to figure this out...thanks for everyone's help!

Offline thesoyboy

Thank you Brekyrself but I am still having a problem.

When I tried the blocktrades method both through deposit and at their website I got this message:

"itr->get_balance() >= -delta: Insufficient Balance: the-soyboy's balance of 0 OPEN.BTC is less than required 0.00000389 OPEN.BTC"

I'm very confused because under BALANCES it lists an ASSET of .05021451 BTC but when I put my courser over BTC it says it's OPEN.BTC? So if it is OPEN.BTC and my balance is higher than the "required" than why doesn't it work.

thanks in advance again...

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
There are a few ways to trade open.BTC for BTS.

The easiest option is under the "deposit/withdraw" tab.  Select BlockTrades as the transfer service and once it loads all the way at the bottom it will say "internal conversion."  Select open.btc > bts and hit convert now.

If you want to play the market and trade at a certain price of btc vs bts, use https://openledger.io/market/BTS_OPEN.BTC

If none of the above work for you, visit www.blocktrades.us and use the simple form to convert.

Since you are new, a simple reminder to please BACKUP your bitshares wallet in more then one location.

Offline thesoyboy

Thanks but when I highlight my asset it says "OPEN.BTC, OpenLedger bitcoin backed asset " so it would seem I need to deposit them through the gateway or bridge. Is this correct? If so, when I go to deposit the bitcoin I get the message,

"To complete the deposit, please go to your bitcoin wallet and make a transfer to the address listed on this page. You will receive the deposit as soon as it has been confirmed. If a memo is shown, it is essential that you include this memo in your transfer."

Please forgive me I'm extremely new but where is my bitcoin wallet? I can't seem to find it.

thanks in advance...

Offline btswolf

BitShares is an exchange, so you might want trade BTC for BTS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWxTLesvJhI

Offline thesoyboy

Hi,

I am a complete newbie and transferred some bitcoin from coinbase to get started. My balance shows an "asset of BTC" with "Equivalent Value" of BTS. How do I convert this to BTS?

thanks...Brian