Author Topic: The real difference between AGS and PTS  (Read 15976 times)

Offline yellowecho

As a PTS holder I am seriously peeved at the raw deal I3 gave us.

Can you explain?  I thought PTS was more valuable now because rather than receiving 10% of the DAC the PTS shares now receive 50%.. is that inaccurate?
696c6f766562726f776e696573

sumantso

Looks like the market is tending towards parity in PTS and AGS value. As a PTS holder I am seriously peeved at the raw deal I3 gave us.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
S
But at the current rate most PTS will be frozen in the AGS account in a couple of months.. meaning the opportunity to to bid using PTS will be far greater in the future.  So the value of PTS will increase while the price may decrease...
Am I wrong on this?   :-\
pts aren't frozen in the ags account, they are used to fund development.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

sumantso

Whats the 5:1?

Bitshares to Protoshares

How?

2 million BTSX will be distributed among 1.2-1.3m PTS; making almost 1.3 BTSX/PTS.
2 million BTSX will be distributed among 0.6-2m AGS; making anything between 3-1 BTSX/AGS.

Personally I am optimistic we will get at least 2+ BTSX/AGS. If not, I will round up the fellow AGS donors, grab some pitchforks and gasoline, and head over to Bytemaster's castle.

Offline bytemaster

4 million bts. 2 mill pts. 2 mill ags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline yellowecho

sumantso

Offline yellowecho

Perhaps I haven't done enough research but it seems that PTS is a better deal right now.  Rather than getting a 1:1 like before, now PTS is getting 5:1 (BTS/PTS) while still maintaining a position in future DACs while AGS gets ~5:1 with no position.  Sure, you can roll the dice bidding for a few more BTS by investing in AGS... but at the current rate most PTS will be frozen in the AGS account in a couple of months.. meaning the opportunity to to bid using PTS will be far greater in the future.  So the value of PTS will increase while the price may decrease...
Am I wrong on this?   :-\

sumantso

Do you mean 1:1 with respect to your profits from AGS vs. PTS?

No, I meant the absolute number I hold. I currently have more PTS than AGS.

AGS is like nitro. You burn up the BTC to get a boost in BitsharesX.

sumantso

Agree with regard to invictus and bytemaster! Good distribution is key to success in DACs and this is only possible if the team focuses on the long term and not the quick bug which in the end is way more profitable anyway (exponential growth...).

Edit:
And with respect to AGS/PTS value something has to be considered that has not been mentioned yet that much. With PTS you are holding a tradable asset that can rise in value in itself which is not the case for AGS. Maybe (what do you think?) bitshares has more potential to grow in price compared to PTS but by buying AGS one is giving up an asset with value in itself. With PTS you have both Bitshares and PTS. With AGS you only have Bitshares after the release... The only way people can get in with future invictus DACS is by PTS which will make it rise lots....
What do you think?

I guess you can synthetically make your own AGS, if you had extra money you can temporarily part with.  If you get X more AGS per PTS donated, just buy extra PTS to make up for the difference.  As soon as Bitshares X is launched, sell the extra PTS you purchased.  Now you have the same amount of Bitshares and you still maintain your liquid asset.  The cost will be the potential loss on the extra purchased shares.  It's also possible it could work out in your favor.  A successful launch of Bitshares will probably cause a significant rise in the price of PTS.  Is there something I'm missing here?

That would just work under the assumption that pts and Bitshares will DEFENITELY rise and that Bitshares will defenitely work. Under this assumption you can spend all your money on PTS/AGS and win. The question is is whether the added 1.5 times bitshares you get are worth giving up PTS...

Thats why you should spread it. I haven't diluted my PTS, but bought AGS with BTC.

The whole premise of our being here is hoping that BitsharesX, the flagship DAC, is going to have a high value. If BitsharesX fails it will drown confidence leading to a crash in PTS prices anyways.

For per unit BTC spent, you may end up getting 2-3 times BitsharesX by going through AGS.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Agree with regard to invictus and bytemaster! Good distribution is key to success in DACs and this is only possible if the team focuses on the long term and not the quick bug which in the end is way more profitable anyway (exponential growth...).

Edit:
And with respect to AGS/PTS value something has to be considered that has not been mentioned yet that much. With PTS you are holding a tradable asset that can rise in value in itself which is not the case for AGS. Maybe (what do you think?) bitshares has more potential to grow in price compared to PTS but by buying AGS one is giving up an asset with value in itself. With PTS you have both Bitshares and PTS. With AGS you only have Bitshares after the release... The only way people can get in with future invictus DACS is by PTS which will make it rise lots....
What do you think?

You will get a portion in all future I3 or I3 supported DACs through AGS. As far as I3 is concerned, AGS and PTS are on the same footing.

...you are not contradicting what I said above

I read closely and yes, you are right.

So it all boils down to how big BitsharesX is going to become. If you believe that its gonna be huge it makes sense to maximize the earned amount. I am some 2:1 in PTS/AGS and will probably end up as 1:1.

Do you mean 1:1 with respect to your profits from AGS vs. PTS?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Edit:
What do you think?

I guess you can synthetically make your own AGS, if you had extra money you can temporarily part with.  If you get X more AGS per PTS donated, just buy extra PTS to make up for the difference.  As soon as Bitshares X is launched, sell the extra PTS you purchased.  Now you have the same amount of Bitshares and you still maintain your liquid asset.  The cost will be the potential loss on the extra purchased shares.  It's also possible it could work out in your favor.  A successful launch of Bitshares will probably cause a significant rise in the price of PTS.  Is there something I'm missing here?

That would just work under the assumption that pts and Bitshares will DEFENITELY rise and that Bitshares will defenitely work. Under this assumption you can spend all your money on PTS/AGS and win. The question is is whether the added 1.5 times bitshares you get are worth giving up PTS...

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Edit:
What do you think?

sumantso

Edit:
What do you think?

You will get a portion in all future I3 or I3 supported DACs through AGS. As far as I3 is concerned, AGS and PTS are on the same footing.

I read closely and yes, you are right.

So it all boils down to how big BitsharesX is going to become. If you believe that its gonna be huge it makes sense to maximize the earned amount. I am some 2:1 in PTS/AGS and will probably end up as 1:1.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Edit:
What do you think?