Author Topic: EOS Price  (Read 8856 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
On another note, the price of BTS should remain pretty high since EOS is getting so much hype and will be based on graphene. Any innovation EOS makes can be easily added to BTS. I think the market will take that into account going forward. I'd wait for the current price of BTS to make its correction and possibly go long on it.

Offline CastAway33

• View Profile
We want developers to be able to psychologically leave ethereum, so we want to make their investment  worth little.

Could you elaborate a bit? Core developers or people building on the platform?
Psychologically making people leave Ethereum and go to EOS, interesting strategy, but hopeful dreaming in my opinion.

I'll give a metaphor. Imagine the year is 1996. Ethereum might be Windows 95, compared to the future EOS being Mac OSX (assuming it's successful). If you invested in Microsoft in 1996, you would have made good profits and could have sold at the height of Microsoft. If you bought Apple in 1996, you would have a long time to wait before that company got itself positioned in the market properly.

Ethereum isn't the best, but it's running right now. It has solid foundations, it's improving steadily, and it's foundations getting stronger. Everyday new things are being built on on top of it.

EOS is a machine that doesn't exist yet. It's theoretically amazing, but it hasn't been tested. When it arrives, it will have nearly Zero foundations. How valuable is an amazing Operating System that has No applications built for it yet? Good applications take a long time to make, and we still have a year on top of that before anything really starts churning. Meanwhile, slow and steady Ethereum will have tons of new and cool things working with it's system.

So it seems impractical for people to "psychologically leave ethereum", when there is nothing to leave for. When EOS is finally released, it will be an amazing shiny new thing- and the average user won't be able to do anything with yet.

And all of this assumes the "Best Possible Scenario". No hiccups/hangups or problems with EOS. If there ends up being some unforeseen bug or flaw in the design, then things could get a lot worse. Just my crazy 2 cents, but I'll be staying far away from EOS for the time being...

Disclaimer:
I don't have any ownership in Ethereum or EOS. I was simply using Ethereum as the example provided. Could just as well been any other Smart Contract currency.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 04:09:18 am by CastAway33 »

Offline ag2

• View Profile
We want developers to be able to psychologically leave ethereum, so we want to make their investment  worth little.

I think both. For instance it would be great for everyone if Vitalik could leave and do an internship at block.one, then see what it was he was really trying to do.

But I think it's most likely Vitalik  will try and position ethereum as distinct to EOS, and it's future trajectory will be in regards to this. Maybe it could succeed. But right now there is a depressing reality for ethereum enthusiasts coming when the test net launches, if one makes an honest comparison.

EOS like STEEM will benefit from network effect to succeed, being the first mover. An Ethereum bear market would aid that.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Up over $5 billion now. Looks like Yunbi's driving a ton of it though, they have nearly $600 million (81%) of the volume.

Just wow.

Offline lakerta06

4.88 $ now as stated on coinmarketcap.
it is already 9th spot with 150M circulating supply.

This is insane. Nearly 5 billion for an idea. I know people are buying the potential but, come on, 5 billion??

Offline JoeyD

Oh come on, are you seriously saying that a 3 billion dollar evaluation of something that currently is but a twinkle in Larimers eye is not even a little silly?

Offline Pheonike

That's one of the beauties of having a year long ICO. It gives to speculators a chance to get in early and the doubters time to see if the are right.

Offline JoeyD

No normal business out there is valued to more than a billion dollars even before having a working product. Don't get me wrong, Dan has proven he can deliver, but right now there's some seriously dumb money in the crypto world.

So much can happen between now and the release of an MVP... No way this project is worth that much at this point in time, considering the risks associated with developing innovative and disruptive technology.

I may be wrong, but adopting a wait and see approach might be the best way to get in cheap, cause hype will die down...

Let's say that I believe Bitshares still have more to give in terms of growth long term. I'll get some EOS, but at the right price.

Although I might be a little biased since I have bts myself, but I still find it hard to disagree with you. A billion dollar evaluation of something that is not much more than an idea at this stage is on a Monthy Python level of silly.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
No normal business out there is valued to more than a billion dollars even before having a working product. Don't get me wrong, Dan has proven he can deliver, but right now there's some seriously dumb money in the crypto world.

So much can happen between now and the release of an MVP... No way this project is worth that much at this point in time, considering the risks associated with developing innovative and disruptive technology.

I may be wrong, but adopting a wait and see approach might be the best way to get in cheap, cause hype will die down...

Let's say that I believe Bitshares still have more to give in terms of growth long term. I'll get some EOS, but at the right price.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline ag2

• View Profile
Not unlikely we will see A good market capitalization this year, much above the the initial auction. best source of news for EOS is steemit.com; STEEM blockchain proves graphene technology. steemit is currently massively growing in users. top 1500 site in USA.

I think we will see a spike and then a correction like every of Dan's projects go through. But if there is a test-net up by the end of summer, and continued growth of steemit, this is all very good.

Also the more ETH block.one collects, the more they can threaten the market. We want developers to be able to psychologically leave ethereum, so we want to make their investment  worth little. Maybe this idea is going to far however.

Offline ag2

• View Profile
First of all I doubt that the Larimers are just for the money. I believe Dan has some ideals above money and would prefer to be remembered as someone who truly changed the world rather just become another very rich person. In the end of the day I think he has already earned a lot so money should not be an issue here. He really likes his work so he will deliver.
secondly if you believe that eos will be delivered then comparing to eth, eos is ridiculously cheap now..
+5% +5% +5%

Offline mudshark79

• View Profile
Lots of people didn't realize that it will be trading from day 6. They are like: "look, it's on Exchanges already". I bet there are some investors among them, too. Not so smart money....

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
Dan's definitely not in it for the money alone. He always seemed more like a "money as a means to an end" kind of guy to me, which is respectable.

When hype dies down in a few months and the market grows impatient, that will be the time to buy some IMO.

Yup. The price will peter out and ramp up to and maybe past the previous ATH when crypto goes through its next hype cycle.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
While I agree the project is probably worth its current cap and may eventually take over ETH some day...it doesn't change the fact that its opening price leaves very little room for growth. I mean, taking over ETH is not going to be that easy -- and if it actually manages to do that, the gain for current investors is 26x. Which is nice, but certainly not lambo territory heh.

And again, the price is entirely fueled by speculation right now. EOS won't be live for a year, possibly longer. A lot can change in that time. Just feels like the risk:reward isn't worth it right now. When hype dies down in a few months and the market grows impatient, that will be the time to buy some IMO.

I also don't think Dan's in it just for the money BTW -- but I'm pretty sure he found the optimal way to extract the most value from an ICO possible, hah.