Author Topic: Depositing fiat USD  (Read 3457 times)

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Interesting. Would you recommend just purchasing some bitcoin through a reputable, commonly used centralize exchange like Kraken? That's what I'm thinking: use something like that for fiat and BitShares for coin trading.
Thanks for the reply!

Careful with kraken either, I see people complaining about them a lot on twitter.
I won't recommend any platform because I don't know, just be sure to do an extensive research before putting your money anywhere

Offline suitedconnector

Can I deposit USD into my Bitshares wallet? How?

Offline tehdos

Ah. Yes, interfaces are still evolving.

Sorry you're having issues.

You'll have to get in contact with OL support resources or maybe other public resources at this rate.

I've heard the turn around time on responses have been needing adjustment so you may have a bit of a wait.

Regardless,
I hope everything works out for ya.

Offline AkSounder

Thanks tehdos. I suppose I'm not too worried about liquidity at this point, as I'm not looking to sell soon; I just want to buy BTC for the first time with fiat money. The IOU is what you have anytime you put fiat on an exchange if I understand, and there isn't really any other way if you want to just buy some BTC with USD on an exchange. The issue I was having is the difficulty of actually getting my fiat onto BitShares. I thought once I verified my account and linked m bank account it would be a simple transfer, but it's not and the next step isn't very clear, since there's no instructions on what to do.

Offline tehdos

I mean the IOU is pretty much what you have when you purchase through a centralized buyer anyways, right?

So, I think yvv sees the liquidity of the market as the reason to avoid this particular IOU.

But I'm also pretty sure OL and BitShares Asset liquidity has been doing nothing but going up.

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/openledger/ You can see some volumes here.

Hope this helps you make a decision.

Offline AkSounder

Interesting. Would you recommend just purchasing some bitcoin through a reputable, commonly used centralize exchange like Kraken? That's what I'm thinking: use something like that for fiat and BitShares for coin trading.
Thanks for the reply!

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Be careful with openledger fiat gateway, you may have a hard time to sell their IOU.

Offline AkSounder

Why am I having such a hard time with this? I'm a new user and after creating my bitshares account I went to deposit fiat funds to my wallet. I followed the directions in the BitShares UI, which led me to type my bank account info that I would be using to supply a fiat transfer. I waited.... and waited... eventually OpenLedger verified my account. Excellent! I figure I'm ready to go! I open BitShares and under the deposit tab for fiat USD there's now a deposit button. I press it. It asks for the dollar amount. Great! NOPE! When I click OK it gives a dialogue window "click here for deposit instructions", and the word here is a link that does nothing. By dragging it to my desktop I discover it's a PDF file with account info...? So now that I've verified my account it's not as simple as transferring fiat into my account? What on earth do I do now? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.