Author Topic: [Committee Member] - johnr's proposal to join the BitShares Committee  (Read 1228 times)

Online sschiessl

Re: [Committee Member] - johnr's proposal to join the BitShares Committee
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2018, 06:08:09 am »
LTM Users too, they'll only get 50% instead of 80% cashback.
Right .. that's somewhat of a show stopper assuming LTM upgrades were made with the expectation to spare 80% of the fees .. :-/
I'd say, the most fair approach, if committee chooses to change network percentage was to have it changed independent of the other fees and have a proposal expire after 4 weeks. That at least gives everyone sufficient time to do their math ..

I support the limit order fee increase. I would suggest that the prominent gateways specifically get informed on that with a weeks notice to adjust their market fees. Additionally, if the committee feels like network fee % is a to deep-cutting decision the BTS holders can always be asked.

Offline Digital Lucifer

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2018, 09:37:07 am »
LTM Users too, they'll only get 50% instead of 80% cashback.
Right .. that's somewhat of a show stopper assuming LTM upgrades were made with the expectation to spare 80% of the fees .. :-/
I'd say, the most fair approach, if committee chooses to change network percentage was to have it changed independent of the other fees and have a proposal expire after 4 weeks. That at least gives everyone sufficient time to do their math ..

I support the limit order fee increase. I would suggest that the prominent gateways specifically get informed on that with a weeks notice to adjust their market fees. Additionally, if the committee feels like network fee % is a to deep-cutting decision the BTS holders can always be asked.

Since we are setting up Newsletter and Support departments for new bitshares.org - Committee can have department to issue newsletter/updates to gateways who submitted their respective legal contacts for it. If they not comply with it, in worst case can be delisted from wallet.bitshares.org

I support fully these movements towards more success for BitShares as Priority 1 - enforcing some Compliance with 3rd parties.
Milos (Mike) Preocanin - General Manager @ Syntek Solutions
TOANDI Co., LTD. (BOI Approved) - TAX ID: 0205549016913 - 95/5 Moo 4 Siam Country Club Rd.
Nong Prue, Bang Lamung, Chonburi 20250, Thailand.

Offline Digital Lucifer

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2018, 10:04:25 am »
I would also like to ask why the rest of Committee is not welcoming new member proposal and fees discussion ?

I see few of them active around but not in this specific thread for a week, is that a way to welcome new initiatives ?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:38:06 pm by Digital Lucifer »
TOANDI Co., LTD. (BOI Approved) - TAX ID: 0205549016913 - 95/5 Moo 4 Siam Country Club Rd.

Offline JohnR

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: johnr
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2018, 03:03:05 pm »
I am sure the other committee members, proxies, and large stakeholders who have not voiced an opinion already are beyond busy carrying out their efforts for the general welfare of the blockchain and all constituents. 

That being said I do sincerely hope to engage more people in an honest discussion about the matters discussed already in this thread as well as my continued earnest candidacy for committee membership.

We are entering a phase of legitimacy for distributed enterprise (including BitShares) and I am encouraged by the professionalism being displayed by key community members already.  And I know the future holds more promise of the same.
Active Committee
John Robert Conlin

Offline binggo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2018, 05:53:23 am »
1. Asset-Specific:CREATE ASSET:Longer Symbols.

The standard FEE of Longer Symbols should be 1000 bts at least, to curb the fraudulent and phishing asset.

2. Charge the security deposit from the asset.   the security deposit should be 888bts at least, to curb the fraudulent and phishing asset.

when someone create a asset,the man need to pay the security deposit to active the asset every year, the security deposit is circular, when paid the new security deposit, then return the old security deposit.

when the asset didn't renew the security deposit timely,then forbid the trading of this asset;

if the asset didn't renew the security deposit  two years,then the DEX can confiscate the security deposit.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 06:33:38 am by binggo »

Offline binggo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2018, 06:36:51 pm »
and i don't think change fee is a good idea, let's consume the Reserve Pool and see what will happen!!!

and you will find soon: you do anything is nothing.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2018, 12:09:08 am »
Charge the security deposit from the asset.   the security deposit should be 888bts at least, to curb the fraudulent and phishing asset.

when someone create a asset,the man need to pay the security deposit to active the asset every year, the security deposit is circular, when paid the new security deposit, then return the old security deposit.

when the asset didn't renew the security deposit timely,then forbid the trading of this asset;

if the asset didn't renew the security deposit  two years,then the DEX can confiscate the security deposit.

hmmm..you might have something there

Offline binggo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2018, 12:36:05 am »
Charge the security deposit from the asset.   the security deposit should be 888bts at least, to curb the fraudulent and phishing asset.

hmmm..you might have something there

just for BITCNY and B1TCNY or BITUSD and B1TUSD,so amazing asset!!!

Offline JohnR

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: johnr
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2018, 02:45:42 pm »
Thank you all for the amazing support.  At the moment I am out of the USA and will be more available after the upcoming week.  I look forward to solidifying relationships with the global BTS community and constantly learning in order to serve all stakeholders effectively.

Kind regards,
JohnR
Active Committee
John Robert Conlin

Offline Digital Lucifer

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2018, 06:01:21 am »
Thank you all for the amazing support.  At the moment I am out of the USA and will be more available after the upcoming week.  I look forward to solidifying relationships with the global BTS community and constantly learning in order to serve all stakeholders effectively.

Kind regards,
JohnR

Welcome and thank you in advance for all future (fresh for now) blood donations you will do for the blockchain.

Good luck! :)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: xiaoshan
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2018, 04:34:08 pm »
Welcome on board!
BTS committee member:jademont

Online gghi

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ttt888
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2018, 05:43:24 pm »

I hope you can work hard for 1BITCNY=1cny.    and   work hard for  1bitusd=1usd