Author Topic: [Committee Member] - johnr's proposal to join the BitShares Committee  (Read 19163 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
As a reminder: the Committee is approved by stakeholders and formally tasked with setting policy for the BitShares blockchain including:

Transaction and trading fees;
Blockchain parameters, such as block size, block interval; &
Referral and vesting parameters such as cash back percentage and vesting periods.

re Fav and seems like its perfect set of tasks for someone with B.A. in Economics.

Yep, that's the paper description.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
As a reminder: the Committee is approved by stakeholders and formally tasked with setting policy for the BitShares blockchain including:

Referral and vesting parameters such as cash back percentage and vesting periods.

re Fav and seems like its perfect set of tasks for someone with B.A. in Economics.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 08:19:07 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Just a quick reality check: how do you imagine the work in committee and what tasks do you think they need to perform?

Offline kimchi-king

John will be a fantastic addition to the BitShares Committee without out a doubt. He is a man of action which the community always welcomes. I fully support John and hope that others will do the same.

Offline apasia.tech

Just like to offer firstly a thanks for the mention, and that our full whole-hearted support goes behind this. John is a great young mind and having completed an extensive education in the fields of law and economics, I know from following his studious and professional work around here, it would be a fantastic motivation for him and asset to the community having him as a community member.
Ross Walker - Founder @ apasia.tech
AP Asia Tech Co., LTD.  TAX ID: 0205549016913 - 14/11 Floraville Complex 2, Pattanakarn Soi 51, Suan Luang, Bangkok 10250, Thailand.

Offline JohnR

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Today I formally announce my intent to join the BitShares Committee. 

I discovered the Graphene-based chains last summer.  I was hooked.  I watched every public video with Dan Larimer talking about the potential for BitShares to revolutionize finance (BitShares TV: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtICzF0ZEhhgoMA8YWhULw/videos is a great resource for those new to the platform or interested in its beginnings).  For months I could not shake the question of why BTS had yet to have a bigger impact.

This lead me to become more active in the community.  Joining the Discord and Telegram channels where I met great individuals like Kimchi-King, Fav, and Fuzzy.  On BitShares hangouts and in the chat rooms I listened to the community and began taking more upon myself to contribute.  I identified two areas where I could bring value: network infrastructure and legal perspective. 

As many of you know Bittrex, halted trading in BTS in the fall of 2017.  This opened my eyes to the serious challenges facing a DAC like BitShares.  In many ways BitShares is vulnerable to adversaries in the real world who have not the time nor interest in understanding what we are doing here.  I believe this network can thrive and prosper within the current system of national boundaries and jurisdictions.

My platform principle is the support and sustainability of smartcoins on the DEX.  Native trust-less assets with autonomous and sound collateral ratios (e.g. bitUSD) remains one of the core advantages BitShares holds over the rest of the crypto world.  I will strive to foster innovation for new smartcoins and collaboration and support for existing smartcoins.

I hope to join the Committee and help the community make the most of every person working to make BitShares realize it’s full potential.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 04:18:26 am by JohnR »