Author Topic: Marketing Proposal  (Read 5672 times)

Offline Lucy

• View Profile
-there are many crypto twitter camps.  Somehow targeting the "ripe" (right) ones ready for the info is key. 
-new videos!  have a spokesperson do say 2.5 minute vids on new projects/existing projects/proposals/even expose on key folks hard at work
-medium is good as more universal
-there really needs to be a consistent "face" to bitshares-
-get on as many crypto shows as possible
-there is so much more but above is off the top of my head
LL arises

Offline Crypto Kong

• View Profile
This sounds like a good initiative Kong - there is quite a lot of disagreement over where efforts are best spent to get 'mainstream' attention so phasing it seems logical.

I think twitter is a good way of reaching people, the amount of people on there who think Bitshares is a dead project is just insane.

Will the articles be on medium?

The articles can be written on whichever platform the community thinks is best, Medium is a good choice IMO. I am also happy to have promoted tweets come from the BitShares Twitter account, if they are willing to work with us on this. I'm open to any and all suggestions.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 06:58:08 pm by Crypto Kong »

Offline matle85

• View Profile
This sounds like a good initiative Kong - there is quite a lot of disagreement over where efforts are best spent to get 'mainstream' attention so phasing it seems logical.

I think twitter is a good way of reaching people, the amount of people on there who think Bitshares is a dead project is just insane.

Will the articles be on medium?

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
Twitter is a bad solution.Its mainly bot traffic.
At facebook you will need an advisor as in general the cost per click/action is very expensiv at facebook and can eat your budget very quickly.You will need to determine very precisely your audience to achieve an acceptable price per click/action
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 05:52:05 pm by Thul3 »

Offline jmjatlanta

Disclaimer: I know as much about marketing as I know about the thermodynamics of electric eels.

I think your idea is a good one. Small simple tests to find out what works. They should be long enough to make an impression, and enough information should be gathered to gauge its effectiveness. Kudos to you and your team for your desire to do this and your willingness to work with others.

https://www.krusecontrolinc.com/rule-of-7-how-social-media-crushes-old-school-marketing/

Offline Crypto Kong

• View Profile
There has been a lot of talk recently about marketing campaigns for BitShares. Gabriel and myself are considering creating a small proposal. Some of you know me from my involvement in DEXBot and may have read some of the articles I've written about BitShares. Gabriel is the DEXBot website creator and runs the DEXBot twitter account.

There are a lot of ideas about what we should and shouldn't do. It is my opinion we should start off with some very small proposals, gauge their success and decide whether to proceed or not. This may entice others to get involved and hopefully get the ball rolling on bigger and better ideas.

The proposal will be a simple one. We will create some articles about BitShares and start a paid for twitter advertising campaign. I was thinking the first proposal would be for 3-5 articles which would be promoted on twitter. We can always re use the articles and create another proposal to promote them on other sites such as Facebook.

So really I have two questions. Is the community willing to pass a proposal to do this and if so what subjects or topics would you like us to cover?

I am happy to have all articles checked by proxies before release.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 05:17:33 pm by Crypto Kong »