Author Topic: Why the BTS network status is so bad these days?  (Read 6937 times)

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
Which version client are you guys using?
I have tried almost 10 different "stable" versions recently published,
but almost no one can be used in fact
I wonder who are the manage of the GUI development worker, too bad.
Bug reports can go here:
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/issues/
no thanks.
I thought we should pay for a professional worker.
I wonder who can tell me which version is really usable.

you can either keep dissing the worker or help make it better, your call

If you don't provide details/bug report it can't be fixed

(fwiw, mine runs with 15 different accounts loaded and appears to work fine)

There are 2 possible reasons for your problem:

a) There was a change recently on the subscription behaviour of bitshares-core. Copying from teh release notes:

"Operators of API nodes that service client software that expect to receive updates about all data on the blockchain by default (such as BitShares Reference Wallet before 180401), as opposed to narrowly subscribed data, should ensure that their API nodes are configured with the enable-subscribe-to-all set to true due to Pull Request 1049."

So maybe you're connecting to an API node with the subscribe-to-all setting set to true

or

b) This issue recently brought up by abit: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/issues/1472

Interestingly, neither of those is a UI issue but core API issues identified and fixed (for (a)...application depends on node operator)  or in the process of being fixed (for (b))

So please don't spread false accusations.
can you tell me which stable version do you use?
when I met a problem, I try to change another version, almost every stable version has different problems after I try less than  several minutes.
I think there are no need to report bug for such unstable software, they need to test themself, it's a job with payment, not a hobit job.

for the issue brought by abit, it's also the GUI's job of course, they used a wrong design, used a wrong api.
when I tell the wallet that my account is alt, it just need to subscribe infomation about alt, I never told it to subscribe other account with the same key.
eventually, it even bring those junk account to my default list of transfer function. such stupid.

Im using keyfile + hosted wallet (wallet.bitshares.org or staging.bitshares.org), but for this specific request I've downloaded latest RC and installed without an issue. Accounts are being properly displayed, but i had to update the node.

Please try selecting some of these nodes if you're based in Asia:

wss://singapore.bitshares.apasia.tech/ws
wss://japan.bitshares.apasia.tech/ws
wss://sg.nodes.bitshares.ws

All 3 above are coming from 2 different Workers on chain and are 90% time up2date and available.

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
Bug reports can go here:
no thanks.

a) There was a change recently on the subscription behaviour of bitshares-core. Copying from teh release notes:

"Operators of API nodes that service client software that expect to receive updates about all data on the blockchain by default (such as BitShares Reference Wallet before 180401), as opposed to narrowly subscribed data, should ensure that their API nodes are configured with the enable-subscribe-to-all set to true due to Pull Request 1049."

So maybe you're connecting to an API node with the subscribe-to-all setting set to true

or

b) This issue recently brought up by abit: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/issues/1472

Interestingly, neither of those is a UI issue but core API issues identified and fixed (for (a)...application depends on node operator)  or in the process of being fixed (for (b))

when I met a problem, I try to change another version, almost every stable version has different problems after I try less than  several minutes.
I think there are no need to report bug for such unstable software, they need to test themself, it's a job with payment, not a hobit job.

for the issue brought by abit, it's also the GUI's job of course, they used a wrong design, used a wrong api.
when I tell the wallet that my account is alt, it just need to subscribe infomation about alt, I never told it to subscribe other account with the same key.
eventually, it even bring those junk account to my default list of transfer function. such stupid.

I use the web wallet primarily (and usually the develop branch at develop.bitshares.org in order to spot issues before they make it to staging and release)

Most people (like me) don't want to have to load a different wallet each time they want to use a different account which is why that design was chosen. I don't consider it wrong.

I have my main account, and any account that has my account or my key in its authorities is accessible from the top right menu.

I have not spotted any issues yet.

How many accounts does your UI load up? Are those accounts that have bots running on them? maybe that causes such increased activity and the issues you're dealing with.

I know you don't trust workers (as evident by your voting slate) but please, It's only through your feedback and reports that things can improve.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Bug reports can go here:
no thanks.

or

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Bug reports can go here:
no thanks.

or

Offline alt

• View Profile
Bug reports can go here:
no thanks.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Bug reports can go here:

Offline alt

• View Profile

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 06:32:20 am by clockwork »

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
the Bitshares network is so bad in the past several days, always cost several mins to open a page!

what cause this? API servers are degraded? GUI bugs?
check how many accounts exist in your wallet.
if there are many strange account, it's a bug of GUI which I have met several days ago, it consider any accounts with the same address as your account, and subscribe too many data from api server.

thanks, yes it is this issue, I haven't seen the strange accounts but everything is well when I switch to my another wallet...

Offline alt

• View Profile
the Bitshares network is so bad in the past several days, always cost several mins to open a page!

check how many accounts exist in your wallet.
if there are many strange account, it's a bug of GUI which I have met several days ago, it consider any accounts with the same address as your account, and subscribe too many data from api server.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile