Author Topic: [Worker] Bitshares UI Worker Proposal for 2019  (Read 19325 times)

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
I found a interest thing with the worker payment,when bbf pay bitcny to somebody, he will quick buy bts with it, and then transfer the bts to binance very very quickly, then dump it to get BTC.

It looks most of the developer didn't want to grab the bts(shitcoin) for one more minute, this is very funny for the bts holder.

So i suggest the worker payment will pay with “direct debit”, when someone finished a worker and want to get the payment, the payer must pay with “direct debit” in 12 weeks, evey week pay:  the total payment/12.

Any idea how it could be implemented here?

Both direct debit and payment via linear vesting balance is possible. Linear vesting is exactly what he is looking for (pay out a total of X with a rate of Y over a period of Z time)

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
I found a interest thing with the worker payment,when bbf pay bitcny to somebody, he will quick buy bts with it, and then transfer the bts to binance very very quickly, then dump it to get BTC.

It looks most of the developer didn't want to grab the bts(shitcoin) for one more minute, this is very funny for the bts holder.

So i suggest the worker payment will pay with “direct debit”, when someone finished a worker and want to get the payment, the payer must pay with “direct debit” in 12 weeks, evey week pay:  the total payment/12.

Any idea how it could be implemented here?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Thanks abit, I had PM'd Thule. The RC contains the referral and market fee fix.

I estimate we are one to two weeks away from the RC for the next big release.
I thought the proposal scam fix was in the RC (by default do not show proposed txs tab). No?

Anything currently merged to develop branch should be viewable at the develop. url.

This RC was a backport essentially of the market fee sharing fix to not delay Thule any longer.

The real RC still has review/merges and testing to be done.
If I'm correct, the RC has been deployed to the wallet. url.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork

I thought the proposal scam fix was in the RC (by default do not show proposed txs tab). No?

Anything currently merged to develop branch should be viewable at the develop. url.

This RC was a backport essentially of the market fee sharing fix to not delay Thule any longer.

The real RC still has review/merges and testing to be done.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline Thul3

• View Profile

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
The upcoming release is put on hold as it cannot be finalized. We regret this step, yet it is a most unfortunately a necessary measure since we can't uphold the required integration testing and subsequent bugfixes.

How much funds are needed to release the update ?

Well update was planned just after the (unfunded) sprint ending 190830. Judging by our sprints so far and removing non-release related work (UI redesign), probably looking in the region of 10-12k USD.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
The upcoming release is put on hold as it cannot be finalized. We regret this step, yet it is a most unfortunately a necessary measure since we can't uphold the required integration testing and subsequent bugfixes.

How much funds are needed to release the update ?

Offline Ammar Yousef (ioBanker)

I believe Bitshares UI Worker is as important as the Bitshares core worker.

It's one of the main features on BitShares that UI is handled by the Bitshares community for the sake of integrating UI features properly with latest core features.
Be part of the change and set bitshares-vision as your proxy!
Committee account: iobanker-core
Ammar Yousef - CEO @ ioBanker OÜ

Offline startail

Thanks for the kind words from some of our users in the community. It doesn't feel good to be forced to stop our work mid release, we had a large bundle of changes to the UI addressed as well as many new features. To hold a higher standard, as wished by the communtiy, we couldn't make a release without proper testing and without funds we just can't make it.

I hope this resolves and that we at some point can start working on the UI again, but we're going to loose many good developers that just can't wait out for a solution.

Offline bench

The UI worker is very important now, not voting this is a big mistake!
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Really sorry to see this valuable worker proposal de-activated, I hope it gets reactivated soon.

Even if the workers get reactivated in 1-3 months, no guarantee the current developers will come back.  They are already looking for jobs elsewhere.

Offline R

• View Profile
Really sorry to see this valuable worker proposal de-activated, I hope it gets reactivated soon.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Dear BitShares community,

currently the BTS holders came to consensus for reducing spending in expectations for reducing BTS sell pressure.
Several workers are cut off mid progress, and for some hefty prepayments have already been made. The BitShares UI worker has been voted in and out for a while now, and with recent vote changes has been rendered completely inactive by this expectation. The budget was always tight and the worker is now out of funds.

As a consequence, the efforts being made for this worker by the BitShares UI team are halted, effective immediately. The upcoming release is put on hold as it cannot be finalized. We regret this step, yet it is a most unfortunately a necessary measure since we can't uphold the required integration testing and subsequent bugfixes.
Publishing the release without it, is out of the question as it does't not fit our quality assurance desires.

The upcoming release contains many improvements, new features and bugfixes. Here is a short overview:

- Prediction Markets: Tailored user interface for prediction market assets that guide the user and show the underlying mechanisms that are not obvious for the everyday trader
 - Revamped Wallet Merchant Protocol: Tailored user interface that allows the creation and processing of payment requests (e.g. invoices) via the blockchain
 - Open orders allow grouping per market and also include force settlements
 - Various improvements in the usability of Bartering and HTLCs overview
 - User can specify an arbitrary asset that is then used to pay transaction fees, and also gets notified if not enough funds are available in fee pool or user balance
 - Usability of Asset overview page is improved
 - Final preparations for inclusions of Beet for "offline" signing
 - Bugfixes to the Deposit and Withdraw modal to ensure all gateways work seamlessly
 - Resorting, removal and addition of nodes to enhance connectivity
 - Reworked referral statistics to show a holistic overview for LTMs
 - and many more ... a full list of included issues can be https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/projects/17.

If you like what we are doing and want our quality development to continue, please voice yourself in the comments, and consider the BitShares UI worker in your next voting update:

Proposal ID    Proposal Name
          1.14.165    201902-bitshares-ui

You can vote for the BitShares UI worker as follows:
  • Reference UI https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/voting: Select Workers > Find the worker in the Proposed section > Toggle to vote for it > Save
  • MagicWallet: Enter Wallet Page > Vote > Find the worker > Confirm
  • BTS++ Wallet: Select Services in the bottom row > Voting > Select Workers in the top row > Find worker and Submit

Best regards,
  BitShares UI Team

为UI团队翻译下,如有翻译不对的地方还请指正^^

亲爱的BitShares社区,

目前,有些BTS持有人达成共识,希望在减少支出,以减少BTS的出售压力。

有几个工人在项目进行中途被中断,并且有些工人已经预支付了一些大笔预付款。 BitShares UI工人在最近被投进和投出去了一段时间,在最近的投票更改中由于这种情况ui工人已经完全失效。 预算在之前就已经非常紧张了,ui工人现在已经完全没有资金支持了。

因此,BitShares UI团队为此工人所做的一切努力都将立即停止。由于目前无法确定这种情况会如何发展,所以即将发布的版本将被搁置。我们对这样的情况感到遗憾,这一阶段是非常重要的阶段,因为目前我们无法继续做所需的集成测试以及后续的bug修复。

在没有这些的情况下是不可能发布新版本的,因为它不符合我们的质量保证要求。

即将发布的版本包含许多改进,新功能和错误修正。以下一段简短的概述:
- 预测市场:为预测市场资产量身定制的用户界面,指导用户并显示对日常交易者不明显的潜在机制。
- 经过改造的电子钱包商家协议:量身定制的用户界面,允许通过区块链创建和处理付款请求(例如发票)
- 开放性订单允许在每个市场进行分组,以及包括强制清算
- 对于Bartering和HTLC概述可用性的各种改进
- 用户可以指定随后用于支付交易费用的任意资产,如果费用池或用户余额中没有足够的资金,也将会收到通知
- 改进了资产概述页面的可用性
- 为“离线”签名的帮助功能做最后的准备工作
- 存款和提款模式的bug修复,以确保所有网关无缝工作
- 利用、删除和添加节点来增强连接性
- 重新设计的推荐统计数据,以显示LTM的整体概述
- 以及更多...包含所有问题问题的完整列表。
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/projects/17

如果您支持我们正在做的事情并希望我们有质量的开发能够继续下去,请在评论中表达自己的意见,并在下次投票更新中考虑BitShares UI 工人

提案 ID    提案名称

您可以按如下方式为BitShares UI 工人投票:
  • 参考用户界面https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/voting:选择预算项目>在提议部分找到预算项目>切换为投票>保存
  • MagicWallet:进入电子钱包页面>投票>查找预算项目>确认
  • BTS ++电子钱包:选择最后一行的“服务”>“投票”>“选择顶部一行中的预算项目”>“查找预算项目”和“提交”

致以友好的问候,
BitShares UI团队

Thanks a lot Luke, posted in Chinese forum now.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=29595.0

Offline Lu1ke

• View Profile

currently the BTS holders came to consensus for reducing spending in expectations for reducing BTS sell pressure.
Several workers are cut off mid progress, and for some hefty prepayments have already been made. The BitShares UI worker has been voted in and out for a while now, and with recent vote changes has been rendered completely inactive by this expectation. The budget was always tight and the worker is now out of funds.

As a consequence, the efforts being made for this worker by the BitShares UI team are halted, effective immediately. The upcoming release is put on hold as it cannot be finalized. We regret this step, yet it is a most unfortunately a necessary measure since we can't uphold the required integration testing and subsequent bugfixes.
Publishing the release without it, is out of the question as it does't not fit our quality assurance desires.

The upcoming release contains many improvements, new features and bugfixes. Here is a short overview:

- Prediction Markets: Tailored user interface for prediction market assets that guide the user and show the underlying mechanisms that are not obvious for the everyday trader
 - Revamped Wallet Merchant Protocol: Tailored user interface that allows the creation and processing of payment requests (e.g. invoices) via the blockchain
 - User can specify an arbitrary asset that is then used to pay transaction fees, and also gets notified if not enough funds are available in fee pool or user balance
 - Bugfixes to the Deposit and Withdraw modal to ensure all gateways work seamlessly
 - and many more ... a full list of included issues can be https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/projects/17.

If you like what we are doing and want our quality development to continue, please voice yourself in the comments, and consider the BitShares UI worker in your next voting update:

• Reference UI https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/voting: Select Workers > Find the worker in the Proposed section > Toggle to vote for it > Save
  • BTS++ Wallet: Select Services in the bottom row > Voting > Select Workers in the top row > Find worker and Submit

Best regards,
  BitShares UI Team

为UI团队翻译下,如有翻译不对的地方还请指正^^

亲爱的BitShares社区,

目前,有些BTS持有人达成共识,希望在减少支出,以减少BTS的出售压力。

有几个工人在项目进行中途被中断,并且有些工人已经预支付了一些大笔预付款。 BitShares UI工人在最近被投进和投出去了一段时间,在最近的投票更改中由于这种情况ui工人已经完全失效。 预算在之前就已经非常紧张了,ui工人现在已经完全没有资金支持了。

因此,BitShares UI团队为此工人所做的一切努力都将立即停止。由于目前无法确定这种情况会如何发展,所以即将发布的版本将被搁置。我们对这样的情况感到遗憾,这一阶段是非常重要的阶段,因为目前我们无法继续做所需的集成测试以及后续的bug修复。

在没有这些的情况下是不可能发布新版本的,因为它不符合我们的质量保证要求。

即将发布的版本包含许多改进,新功能和错误修正。以下一段简短的概述:
- 预测市场:为预测市场资产量身定制的用户界面,指导用户并显示对日常交易者不明显的潜在机制。
- 经过改造的电子钱包商家协议:量身定制的用户界面,允许通过区块链创建和处理付款请求(例如发票)
- 开放性订单允许在每个市场进行分组,以及包括强制清算
- 对于Bartering和HTLC概述可用性的各种改进
- 用户可以指定随后用于支付交易费用的任意资产,如果费用池或用户余额中没有足够的资金,也将会收到通知
- 改进了资产概述页面的可用性
- 为“离线”签名的帮助功能做最后的准备工作
- 存款和提款模式的bug修复,以确保所有网关无缝工作
- 利用、删除和添加节点来增强连接性
- 重新设计的推荐统计数据,以显示LTM的整体概述
- 以及更多...包含所有问题问题的完整列表。
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/projects/17

如果您支持我们正在做的事情并希望我们有质量的开发能够继续下去,请在评论中表达自己的意见,并在下次投票更新中考虑BitShares UI 工人

提案 ID    提案名称

您可以按如下方式为BitShares UI 工人投票:
  • 参考用户界面https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/voting:选择预算项目>在提议部分找到预算项目>切换为投票>保存
  • MagicWallet:进入电子钱包页面>投票>查找预算项目>确认
  • BTS ++电子钱包:选择最后一行的“服务”>“投票”>“选择顶部一行中的预算项目”>“查找预算项目”和“提交”

致以友好的问候,
BitShares UI团队

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Do you know if the UI team plan to stick around whilst funding is stopped? I am worried that we will loose these talented devs.

At least one is in it as a source of income, so I expect that he won't stick around long. I also have to shift my focus to other projects now. We (BCP) have decided, very much intentionally, to not be operational on BitShares (in order to avoid creating another conflict of interest). This is biting us in the ass now, since there is no revenue stream to keep my UI contributions afloat.

Offline Crypto Kong

• View Profile
This is such a shame, those voting refund 400k should seriously consider the harm they are doing to bitshares future.

Do you know if the UI team plan to stick around whilst funding is stopped? I am worried that we will loose these talented devs.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Best regards,
  BitShares UI Team

Offline startail

I would like to say thanks to the Community that has given us support for us continue our work forward for a better Bitshares experience in 2019.

Since 13th February, the new worker is active. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline iamredbar

As always, you have my support!

Offline startail

Many of the github requests are 'can the UI add X feature' or 'it would be cool if you could do Y', will these tasks be prioritised from the perspective of 'the user should be able to experience X' or is the core design not looking to change much? User centric design is core to any UI/UX project and finding and sourcing the needs of the user is fundamental.

Thanks for the support from Bitspark.

I'm sorry if I may have missed this under ideas for the future. (I've changed the original post slightly)
Current worker will very much work with trying to incoreprate new features, where possible.
During the worker we will try to find a good way to source the community.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:03:25 pm by startail »

Offline George_Bitspark

• Co-Founder and CEO of Bitspark
    • View Profile
    • Bitspark
Thanks for the proposal Startail, looking forward to having you onboard as the new manager. You have our support and we will be voting on the new worker tomorrow. Regarding future improvements, it seems rather like a maintenance and streamlining of existing infrastructure which is necessary however is there a core design philosophy or goal on what the bitshares UI should be? Many of the github requests are 'can the UI add X feature' or 'it would be cool if you could do Y', will these tasks be prioritised from the perspective of 'the user should be able to experience X' or is the core design not looking to change much? User centric design is core to any UI/UX project and finding and sourcing the needs of the user is fundamental.
Bitspark- Cash to Cryptocurrency

Offline startail

The Bitshares UI (also known as reference UI) team wishes to present a new worker proposal to the community. Read the full proposal here

Vote for Worker 201902-bitshares-ui - id: `1.14.165`.

Problems at the end of 2018
With the sudden drop in price in 2018, the current worker suddenly received fewer funds than it had promised to pay out for work. The worker was also unfunded for about a week as it dropped out of the active workers.

Thanks to the significant support in the community, which we are much grateful for, we remain an active worker.

Structural changes
As the funds we receive from our current worker isn't covering the worker, as well as we've had some structural changes in the personnel that handles it, we've decided to create a new worker early.

The previous project manager, Bill Butler, decided to step out. The team has given responsibility over to me, and I feel honoured for this opportunity. I see a group with great ideas, potentials and a wish to produce something great for the community and ourselves.

I will manage project and UI, tightly together with our new UX manager Ihor.

Ihor will take a prominent role in UX management. We've been behind in managing and missed some great potentials with people that been onboard for UX work. With Ihor stepping in I see this finally getting started for real. Ihor and I will coordinate UX and UI work to find the best way to get forward.

Alex will take over fund management and will continue to be a great asset for the team with his skills and many ideas on how to tackle things.

Stefan will continue to be our release manager, which he took over from Sigve when he stepped out late last year.

I believe that the team today sees the same way on where we are going. It's a great set of people, and together with our previous contributors from the community we will continue to progress this product towards an even better one.

Larger responsibility on the team
One of the significant changes for the current team will be that we will go away from the purely decentralised approach, where anyone could work on whatever they wanted at any time. The team will have a more substantial responsibility to tackle issues that are required to propel the application forwards.

The community is as always welcome to work on things they can/wish to do and supply a PR for it. We're always looking for new people wanting to work with the UI.

Quick Worker Key points
We've requested a larger share of BTS this time, much due to the decrease in price, but also since we've added a Devaluation Multiplier, which will make sure we have enough funds to cover at least a drop of 20% in price. As always, the worker will refund all funds not used up at the of the worker period, so no funds are kept if not used.

We've changed payment to bitCNY, thought the proposal would state all expenses in USD. A summary in CNY are indicated at the end, together with the conversion.

We've decided to stay with Bitshares Blockchain Foundation as an escrow. They've made a great work so far and provide excellent services for us with transparent accounting for example.

Current work duration will be from 2019/02/11 to 2019/12/30 (46 weeks).
The old worker was expected to end on 2019/03/31. Once the new worker is activated it will be superseded by the new one. We do not intend to have both worker funding at the same time.

Ideas for the future

We have yet not created a complete roadmap, but as the worker states, these are some key points that we will work on forward.

- Refactoring core connectivity and reliability components.
- Establish a more methodical QA and testing phase before releasing each version.
- Create a series of automated front and backend tests to reduce resurfacing bugs.
- Finish migration to ANT components complete with a style guide.
- Refine the navigation moving away from the sub-tab model.
- Creating a more modular exchange experience and an easy way for exchanges to brand and configure their own.

Our goal is to create a more slick and unified experience for the UI. We have many ideas, and we've had several talks during the past two months about this and how to make this work. We will source the community for ideas and features that are requested, as well as working closer together with the bitshares-core team to make sure we can integrate new features as they are released by the bitshares-core team.

The team is ready to take this to the next level, give us a chance and vote for the 201902-bitshares-ui worker id `1.14.165`.

Thanks for supporting us and the future progress of Bitshares!

Also posted on

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:07:33 pm by startail »