Author Topic: [Worker] Bitshares UI Worker Proposal for 2019  (Read 19102 times)

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
I found a interest thing with the worker payment,when bbf pay bitcny to somebody, he will quick buy bts with it, and then transfer the bts to binance very very quickly, then dump it to get BTC.

It looks most of the developer didn't want to grab the bts(shitcoin) for one more minute, this is very funny for the bts holder.

So i suggest the worker payment will pay with “direct debit”, when someone finished a worker and want to get the payment, the payer must pay with “direct debit” in 12 weeks, evey week pay:  the total payment/12.

Any idea how it could be implemented here?

Both direct debit and payment via linear vesting balance is possible. Linear vesting is exactly what he is looking for (pay out a total of X with a rate of Y over a period of Z time)

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
I found a interest thing with the worker payment,when bbf pay bitcny to somebody, he will quick buy bts with it, and then transfer the bts to binance very very quickly, then dump it to get BTC.

It looks most of the developer didn't want to grab the bts(shitcoin) for one more minute, this is very funny for the bts holder.

So i suggest the worker payment will pay with “direct debit”, when someone finished a worker and want to get the payment, the payer must pay with “direct debit” in 12 weeks, evey week pay:  the total payment/12.

Any idea how it could be implemented here?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Thanks abit, I had PM'd Thule. The RC contains the referral and market fee fix.

I estimate we are one to two weeks away from the RC for the next big release.
I thought the proposal scam fix was in the RC (by default do not show proposed txs tab). No?

Anything currently merged to develop branch should be viewable at the develop. url.

This RC was a backport essentially of the market fee sharing fix to not delay Thule any longer.

The real RC still has review/merges and testing to be done.
If I'm correct, the RC has been deployed to the wallet. url.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork

I thought the proposal scam fix was in the RC (by default do not show proposed txs tab). No?

Anything currently merged to develop branch should be viewable at the develop. url.

This RC was a backport essentially of the market fee sharing fix to not delay Thule any longer.

The real RC still has review/merges and testing to be done.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline Thul3

• View Profile

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
The upcoming release is put on hold as it cannot be finalized. We regret this step, yet it is a most unfortunately a necessary measure since we can't uphold the required integration testing and subsequent bugfixes.

How much funds are needed to release the update ?

Well update was planned just after the (unfunded) sprint ending 190830. Judging by our sprints so far and removing non-release related work (UI redesign), probably looking in the region of 10-12k USD.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
The upcoming release is put on hold as it cannot be finalized. We regret this step, yet it is a most unfortunately a necessary measure since we can't uphold the required integration testing and subsequent bugfixes.

How much funds are needed to release the update ?

Offline Ammar Yousef (ioBanker)

I believe Bitshares UI Worker is as important as the Bitshares core worker.

It's one of the main features on BitShares that UI is handled by the Bitshares community for the sake of integrating UI features properly with latest core features.
Be part of the change and set bitshares-vision as your proxy!
Committee account: iobanker-core
Ammar Yousef - CEO @ ioBanker OÜ

Offline startail

Thanks for the kind words from some of our users in the community. It doesn't feel good to be forced to stop our work mid release, we had a large bundle of changes to the UI addressed as well as many new features. To hold a higher standard, as wished by the communtiy, we couldn't make a release without proper testing and without funds we just can't make it.

I hope this resolves and that we at some point can start working on the UI again, but we're going to loose many good developers that just can't wait out for a solution.

Offline bench

The UI worker is very important now, not voting this is a big mistake!
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Really sorry to see this valuable worker proposal de-activated, I hope it gets reactivated soon.

Even if the workers get reactivated in 1-3 months, no guarantee the current developers will come back.  They are already looking for jobs elsewhere.

Offline R

• View Profile
Really sorry to see this valuable worker proposal de-activated, I hope it gets reactivated soon.