Author Topic: BitShares EOS (BEOS) Launches - Get Yours  (Read 41103 times)

Offline scatha

• View Profile
Hi everyone !

After a few months, I see no activity on the BEOS blockchain.
In the meanwhile, BItshares itself is thriving, even if it's value has dropped considerably.

Do I get something wrong, or has BEOS just not taken off yet?

Perhaps the airdrop should be repeated in a new way, or make a snapshot of all BTS balances, and combine with existing balances, so all those who missed out can get another chance for a real BitShares 3.0

Offline Miner9r

• View Profile
  • BitShares: miner9r

So there was a gap of about 2.5 days. Out of the 89 day distribution, that is about 2.8% of the Beos total rainfall missing. What has happened to those coins?  Are they burned/disappeared/lost, and thus subtracted from the total distribution?

Or will they be backcredited somehow, included in the remaining days, or the rainfall period extended?

Has the cause/situation for the lapse been identified?

Bump.  Any update on my questions:  Where did the missing coins go?  Will the rainfall period be extended to compensate?

Offline michaelx

• View Profile
  • BitShares: michaelx
Who controls the BPs for BEOS?

During rainfall there are several nodes/bps that are under the BLCA control, after rainfall the BP's will be elected by BEOS holders from a BP pool that has been vetted by the BLCA.

Offline iamredbar

Beware things that only have one controller...

Offline Miner9r

• View Profile
It has apparently resumed crediting, as of about 3:30am Tuesday June 25 Pacific Time, by my estimation.

So there was a gap of about 2.5 days. Out of the 89 day distribution, that is about 2.8% of the Beos total rainfall missing. What has happened to those coins?  Are they burned/disappeared/lost, and thus subtracted from the total distribution?

Or will they be backcredited somehow, included in the remaining days, or the rainfall period extended?

Has the cause/situation for the lapse been identified?

Incidentally, there was a major systemwide "general internet outage" across many sites, reported as of Monday morning.  It seems plausible it may have started earlier on the weekend, and was perhaps a factor in this Beos disruption (?)
  https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-not-just-half-internet-125115356.html
  "Half of the internet is down, including Google, Amazon, and Reddit"

Is there any news from the discussion group at Telegram https://t.me/officialbeos ?
An account is needed to read over there.

Offline Miner9r

• View Profile
Any situation update?  As of Monday June 24,  around 10a Pacific Time,  I have not received any BEOS nor RAM rainfall in the last 24+ hours since Sunday.  And my amount over the prior 24 hours before that, on a spot check on Sunday was way down, so it appears to have stopped crediting some time on Saturday June 22, as noted above. 

There is supposed to be another about 14 days of Beos Rainfall,  plus the RAM continuing another year+.

The block explorer at https://explore.beos.world/blocks currently shows
14363077    Jun 24, 2019, 10:11:40.000 AM    beos.prodo    0

which is current time, so it seems blocks are produced, but there's no rainfall credits ?

No change or activity to wallet or network on my end, so far as I know. My network is up.  I restarted the BEOS wallet just to be sure, and it's still frozen at the same BEOS/RAM amount, for 1.5 days now.

Offline johnwhitestar

• View Profile
beos.world I think.

Right now Beos Tracker reports the old tracking, but the blockchain is not advancing (https://explore.beos.world/blocks).
I was also able to access my Beos wallet.
From here it seems like someone was able to withdraw BTS even after the blockchain got stuck.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 09:17:04 pm by johnwhitestar »

Offline iamredbar

Offline johnwhitestar

• View Profile
Upd: now it seems like the "Real time viewer for Beos blockchain" (https://explore.beos.world/blocks) doesn't show any result and the wallet is not able to connect.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 09:10:36 pm by johnwhitestar »

Offline johnwhitestar

• View Profile
Has the block production just stopped?
Seems like it has just stuck on 20 minutes ago mark right now: https://explore.beos.world/blocks

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex