Author Topic: [Announcement]Change of MCR from 1.75 to 1.6 for bitCNY  (Read 6007 times)

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
Checking the result of reducing the MCR now it seems there was no bigger impact at all.
Price of BTS increased by arround 5% new debt increased by 3%.

I revoked my vote to not reduce MCR to 1.6 to protect investors debt who have decreased it near 1.6 since it was close to get voted in but still uphold the claim that the timing of reducing MCR was bad.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 03:24:51 pm by Thul3 »

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I wouldn't call 360M votes a majority, since a single voter can easily turn it back.
I'll take the conservative approach, not change my feeds now, but wait for more votes on the worker.

The "no" worker now has 231M votes, that means the difference to the "yes" worker is around 130M.

Update(2019-05-08):
yes = 518M, no = 347M, total = 865M, diff = 171M.
Voter turnout seems better now, I'll change my feed.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 02:30:16 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline roelandp

• Witness, dad, kitesurfer, event organiser
    • View Profile
    • RoelandP.nl
  • BitShares: roelandp
  • GitHub: roelandp

Offline bitProfessor

Why do you call facts about somebody forcing the rest of the community his point of view with diffrent tactics a personal attack ?

Would he be attacked when not doing the shady staff ?

I mean he is continously attacking witnesses which doesn't feed like he requests it.There is no consensus or anything.
He has no trouble publicly naming names and attacking them and threatening of down voting.
The only diffrence he has no more so much voting power like before so he took ZB into his ship to get his power back.

Thats a clear unethical move to enforce his point of view only not accepting the votes of current bigger stake holders.

I know no other projects where funds on exchanges are allowed being used against its own investors interrest.

Did ZB spent a single dime for these BTS ?No.Do they give something in return ?No .
And the claim that people can withdrawl their BTS anytime is also not valid.We have CEX'es for liquidity and they are needed but it should be not be a call between liquidity or decentralisation.

I mean if bitcrab took ZB on board it takes a bit of time and we will have ZB,Poloniex,Huobi,Binance here where these 4 proxies will decide about everything on bitshares with their BTS wallets.

How can you call something like that decentralised and more important representing investors opinion where they didn't spend a single dime on BTS.

Bitcrab is clearly not stepping back from the quick MCR change and i'm tired always to accept these kind of mistakes where somebody is abusing the system to enforce his own agenda .
I already stepped back on OMO fund and BSIP42 .Am not going to step back each time he has a new wonderfull experimental idea risking all investors money.

I didn't invested majority of my personal money into BTS so somebody could play with them like monopoly money not accepting any community decission and always looking for a way even unethical one to implement his own agenda.
I invested into BTS because i belived in the decentralisation and more important high educated members.But i didn't invested because of a one man show who is trying everything to enforce his own personal agenda which in my eyes is only economical based with no fundamentals.

Somebody can explain to me why bitcrab contacted Binance when they had OL as proxy set ?
Seems he has no more issues with that as long it's him who is being able to tell the exchange what to vote for.

I see these kind of votes very unethical both for exchanges and beos.
Thats also why i made it very clear i won't put a single BTS for the rainfall as long as these BTS can be used for voting.
No, you should focus on what makes BTS better, rather than speculating about other people's morality?

Offline bitProfessor

Its a big mistake to change MCR in a downtrend.It will have zero impact because of bad timing.
Instead we could use it in a real uptrend with clear singals to push BTS and make external traders join that push to pump it back up.
In a downtrend you won't see much of an effect.....you even risk getting quicker near gs....... losing again its pegg and reputation.

Patience is a virtue

After a quick look at the calls this morning after a 5% drop, agree with Thul3 too.

In THEORY, it would be helpful, but in practice NOONE is being sensible about their CR so will only make things worse. Contemplating removing votes.
Please reconsider your decision. thul is emotional now. We should think about it rationally.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
Why do you call facts about somebody forcing the rest of the community his point of view with diffrent tactics a personal attack ?

Would he be attacked when not doing the shady staff ?

I mean he is continously attacking witnesses which doesn't feed like he requests it.There is no consensus or anything.
He has no trouble publicly naming names and attacking them and threatening of down voting.
The only diffrence he has no more so much voting power like before so he took ZB into his ship to get his power back.

Thats a clear unethical move to enforce his point of view only not accepting the votes of current bigger stake holders.

I know no other projects where funds on exchanges are allowed being used against its own investors interrest.

Did ZB spent a single dime for these BTS ?No.Do they give something in return ?No .
And the claim that people can withdrawl their BTS anytime is also not valid.We have CEX'es for liquidity and they are needed but it should be not be a call between liquidity or decentralisation.

I mean if bitcrab took ZB on board it takes a bit of time and we will have ZB,Poloniex,Huobi,Binance here where these 4 proxies will decide about everything on bitshares with their BTS wallets.

How can you call something like that decentralised and more important representing investors opinion where they didn't spend a single dime on BTS.

Bitcrab is clearly not stepping back from the quick MCR change and i'm tired always to accept these kind of mistakes where somebody is abusing the system to enforce his own agenda .
I already stepped back on OMO fund and BSIP42 .Am not going to step back each time he has a new wonderfull experimental idea risking all investors money.

I didn't invested majority of my personal money into BTS so somebody could play with them like monopoly money not accepting any community decission and always looking for a way even unethical one to implement his own agenda.
I invested into BTS because i belived in the decentralisation and more important high educated members.But i didn't invested because of a one man show who is trying everything to enforce his own personal agenda which in my eyes is only economical based with no fundamentals.

Somebody can explain to me why bitcrab contacted Binance when they had OL as proxy set ?
Seems he has no more issues with that as long it's him who is being able to tell the exchange what to vote for.

I see these kind of votes very unethical both for exchanges and beos.
Thats also why i made it very clear i won't put a single BTS for the rainfall as long as these BTS can be used for voting.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 04:42:06 pm by Thul3 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I would argue we all learn from mistakes, and that's happening here too.
The risk of BSIP42 was taken, and it didn't work out. I too see how good reasons can lead to BSIP42 and the risks have been addressed and accepted by the voters (me included). That was a mistake and would have been declared as such at that time IF we had known about the upcoming bear market.
Causality ...

Today, we all agree that the way BSIP42 was implemented didn't work out. The root concept of a feedback loop is still sound, we just need
to find better means.

So, let's not get into personal attacks and instead figure out a new approach constructively.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
surely users will borrow more, no doubt.

smartcoin lost some reputation because the GS of bitUSD, and because smartcoin is always in shortage, not because GS protection or margin call orders. some margin call orders stay there is not a problem.

Smartcoin lost their reputation because of Bsip42 and your OMO fund which leaded into a GS.BitCNY would be also in the GS if there would be no protection.It was you who drove them both in that situation with your permanent ignorace of other voices forcing everyone to push only your own point of view.
I didn't saw much action from you when bitcny was near gs.It was basicly fav and some other people trying to safe the ship.
People left smartcoins because it was your past actions which took their investment hostage and made that their CR wen't from 1.75 to under 1.1 where they lost majority of their investment to cheap buyers.Would the system have worked as it should they would have safed a lot of their investments.

The question here is not if somebody is going to borrow more but which timing will have a way better positive effect.
Your solution is clearly a waste of the reduce of MCR.

More important you said yourself in the past that you don't care about other opinions but only to achieve your own personal targets.
You even went so far to use ZB's wallet to vote for your own agenda which is very unethical and which is clearly against majority of community will.

Your past 12 months actions were ALL A TOTAL DISTASTER

You are like a grasshopper jumping from one shit into another shit.

Your OMO fund a total disaster costing the community millions and millions of BTS and reducing the value of BTS massivly.
Your BSIP42 causing the GS and massiv reputation loss.Part of community left because they lost nearly everything thanks to your BS BSIP42.
Your smartcoin bounty fund.You created it and just left it.We wasted nearly 2 million BTS for Biki and LAtoken .

These are the results of your past actions.

Now you are wasting a one time possibility to reduce MCR from 1.75 to 1.6 in a downtrend for what ?

Explain to me where is your issue waiting 1- 1 1/2 months ?

Where do you see the massiv amount of benefit reducing the MCR right at the moment risking that it effect will be marginal ?

And to be more clear i joined as proxy to protect the community and get the best out of bitshares also when it means to accept other point of views if they make sense.

You instead are accepting no other opinion and are so much dedicated to force your own point of view that you even go unethical ways.

Should this not stop i will go the same way as you do to protect the investors funds which you have no right to put in risk like you did in the past.

Also the voting would be not approved would you not use your shady tactics which i won't tolarate anymore.

I accepted you for a long time but forcing everyone to always accept only your own personal point of view using diffrent kind of shady actions ends to get any support of mine.

Also your defamation tactics on people like witnesses who doesn't change their settings to your personal favorised one won't be just ignored by me anymore.

The failure of bisp42 is due to the witness's wrong execution mode. The idea was originally completely correct.

I guess the OMO fund which has been margin called was also witnesses mistakes ?That somebody reduced himself the CR from 4 to under 2 ?
Did you even watched what it caused ?
It caused that people took away they big buy orders knowing the price will massivly drop thanks to these big margin walls which haven't been eaten at all.

A good example it brother-john who took all his big buy orders at 0.6 cny away putting them back in at 0.22 or 0.23 .
Thats a result of his actions.The OMO fund instead of supporting BTS price and creating liquidity was taking surpressing the BTS price and actually taking away liquidity.

A BSIP42 causing that no margin calls have been eaten causing that all margin calls which entered under 1.75 were taken hostage and went all the way down under a CR of 1.1 where these investors you can say lost their whole investment thanks to your risky experiments .

Would the system work as it is supposed they would have safed majority of their investment and would have taken later new debt.

Now thanks to Bitcrabs action from the past BTS is getting more and ore centralised to people who don't take debt like brother-john.

Bitcrab is always looking for new shitty solutions for issues he created himself.

Now he wants new debt.........but it was basicly him who made tons of debt holders lose majority of their investment and surpressed the BTS price and by doing so the amount of debt by using the OMO fund in his own way against community consensus and worker proposal to buy at the end his own debt at a high BTS price using the OMO fund.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 02:59:47 pm by Thul3 »

Offline zhouxiaobao

smartcoin lost some reputation because the GS of bitUSD, and because smartcoin is always in shortage, not because GS protection or margin call orders. some margin call orders stay there is not a problem.

Smartcoin lost their reputation because of Bsip42 and your OMO fund which leaded into a GS.BitCNY would be also in the GS if there would be no protection.It was you who drove them both in that situation with your permanent ignorace of other voices forcing everyone to push only your own point of view.
I didn't saw much action from you when bitcny was near gs.It was basicly fav and some other people trying to safe the ship.
People left smartcoins because it was your past actions which took their investment hostage and made that their CR wen't from 1.75 to under 1.1 where they lost majority of their investment to cheap buyers.Would the system have worked as it should they would have safed a lot of their investments.

The question here is not if somebody is going to borrow more but which timing will have a way better positive effect.

More important you said yourself in the past that you don't care about other opinions but only to achieve your own personal targets.
You even went so far to use ZB's wallet to vote for your own agenda which is very unethical and which is clearly against majority of community will.

Your OMO fund a total disaster costing the community millions and millions of BTS and reducing the value of BTS massivly.
Your BSIP42 causing the GS and massiv reputation loss.Part of community left because they lost nearly everything thanks to your BS BSIP42.
Your smartcoin bounty fund.You created it and just left it.We wasted nearly 2 million BTS for Biki and LAtoken .

Now you are wasting a one time possibility to reduce MCR from 1.75 to 1.6 in a downtrend for what ?

Where do you see the massiv amount of benefit reducing the MCR right at the moment risking that it effect will be marginal ?

And to be more clear i joined as proxy to protect the community and get the best out of bitshares also when it means to accept other point of views if they make sense.

You instead are accepting no other opinion and are so much dedicated to force your own point of view that you even go unethical ways.

Should this not stop i will go the same way as you do to protect the investors funds which you have no right to put in risk like you did in the past.

Also the voting would be not approved would you not use your shady tactics which i won't tolarate anymore.

I accepted you for a long time but forcing everyone to always accept only your own personal point of view using diffrent kind of shady actions ends to get any support of mine.

Also your defamation tactics on people like witnesses who doesn't change their settings to your personal favorised one won't be just ignored by me anymore.

The failure of bisp42 is due to the witness's wrong execution mode. The idea was originally completely correct.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
BSIP42 causing the GS and massiv reputation loss.

BSIP42 is not the main reason cauing the GS, with or without BSIP 42 the BITUSD still be GS, if you didn't clear what cause the GS of BITUSD, what you said so much is meaningless.

The BITUSD should be GS in 2017 if bitcrab didn't to eat the debit of the BITUSD, and it should be GS in 2017, this will  give all the community a lesson, and realized the defective mechanism of mortgage, the feed price.

The BITUSD had the GS in 2019, and revived, but i found nobody take a lesson and want to find something from this GS, so pathetic!

The BITbtc/bitGOLD/bitSILVER still in GS, can't revived , and somebody want to know why? wait somebody to revive it? wait the the price of bts go up? so useless!

Thul3,  put forward your program, let's see it.

and i don't want somebody saying like this "We have ran for years on these rules, all is right!"

I have some dissenting opinion with bitcrab too, but i think he is the only one can push the wheel forward.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 02:32:43 pm by binggo »

Offline Thul3

• View Profile

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 01:43:35 pm by Thul3 »

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
reducing MCR means we can get more bitCNY supply and make better pegging.
Nearly noone is going to create new debt to go long on BTS during a downtrend.Thats nonsense.You would waste the power of decreasing  MCR.

GS? we have GS protection, it's not a big problem.
Its a pegg and reputation problem.We lost already enough supporters and reputation on our bitassets.Margins are not really gettin eaten because you took away big part of possibility of arbitrage.
Its like taking debt holders who were not able to decrease risk quickly enough into hostage which may lead into a total loss thanks to the margin call not being eaten.
nder 1 ?

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
Nearly noone is going to create new debt to go long on BTS during a downtrend.Thats nonsense.You would waste the power of decreasing  MCR.

Its a pegg and reputation problem.We lost already enough supporters and reputation on our bitassets.Margins are not really gettin eaten because you took away big part of possibility of arbitrage.
Its like taking debt holders who were not able to decrease risk quickly enough into hostage which may lead into a total loss thanks to the margin call not being eaten.

to increase MCR at current time is just like Federal Reserve to increase interest at Great Depression, it will make everything worse.
Noone is increasing the MCR.MCR will just stay the same till we have a clear signal.End of April ,begin of may there will be high possibility for a golden cross in trading analytics.
This golden cross was in the past a very strong signal for big final dump.

You need to weigh up what has a bigger positiv effect in the longrun for BTS.
A MCR decrease in a downtrend where we could see even a final very low price of BTS
or a MCR decrease at bottom or positiv longterm signal .

You will get way more new debt in the second option and you are attracting external traders to join the pump bringing BTS quickly back up again where it belongs.
Decreasing MCR during downtrend won't attract any trader at all.

How does it come you are always worried about better pegging but never about losing pegg because of a CR going under 1 ?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 12:25:08 am by Thul3 »

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
Its a big mistake to change MCR in a downtrend.It will have zero impact because of bad timing.
Instead we could use it in a real uptrend with clear singals to push BTS and make external traders join that push to pump it back up.
In a downtrend you won't see much of an effect.....you even risk getting quicker near gs....... losing again its pegg and reputation.

Patience is a virtue

After a quick look at the calls this morning after a 5% drop, agree with Thul3 too.

In THEORY, it would be helpful, but in practice NOONE is being sensible about their CR so will only make things worse. Contemplating removing votes.

still in bear market.

to increase MCR at current time is just like Federal Reserve to increase interest at Great Depression, it will make everything worse.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline zhouxiaobao

Now is the time when the market needs funds.
I think lowering MCR at this time should be beneficial to the market. On the contrary, lowering MCR when the market is rising may lead bitCNY to  devaluation.