Author Topic: dilution for BTS and funding for development  (Read 7070 times)

Offline bench

« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 02:53:20 pm by bench »
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline Zapply

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Zapstar
Correct me if I'm wrong, but some whales leaving ship just give more leadership to the remaining supporters. Right?
At that point, I think BM withdraw on a facebook/reddit (Please name me a reddit clone that doesnt feel like russian thundra right now) is all what was really needed for BTS to focus and move on with a more  'enlighten' alignement with workers/voters.

Leadership was lazy and now it's time for change. Statu quo sucks. Both for investment and development.

How are workers who write a signficant enhancement to the code ever going to be elected?   It is one thing for a single person.. but a whole team?  They're supposed to assume that yunbi never becomes popular etc ?  Chinese no-dilution movement has dug a nice hole.

now can start blaming each other or think of solution

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Correct me if I'm wrong, but some whales leaving ship just give more leadership to the remaining supporters. Right?
At that point, I think BM withdraw on a facebook/reddit (Please name me a reddit clone that doesnt feel like russian thundra right now) is all what was really needed for BTS to focus and move on with a more  'enlighten' alignement with workers/voters.

Leadership was lazy and now it's time for change. Statu quo sucks. Both for investment and development.

How are workers who write a signficant enhancement to the code ever going to be elected?   It is one thing for a single person.. but a whole team?  They're supposed to assume that yunbi never becomes popular etc ?  Chinese no-dilution movement has dug a nice hole.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Zapply

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Zapstar

bitimaru

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
oh stop being such a BENEVOLENT WHALE!

You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
In the other thread Stan seems to have relegated the bond market to an optional feature that is "still possible", whereas in reality it is essential if BTS is going to be seen as a real competitor to Polo. People want to short everything, not just BitAssets.

Stan doesn't get to relegate anything to anywhere.

The voters are 100% in control of what gets funded and hence, what gets built.

So when is the bond market proposal available for voting?

This is what I don't get... CNX complains that bitshares is unwilling to pay workers yet they never even create a proposal to vote on.

The only worker out there are bug fixers, GUI improvement and documentation.  Important, but none of those are adding a new core feature.

Proposals are based in part on what resources are available to work on them.
Resources are hired based on the availability of stable funding.
A constant battle over who controls the funding light switch means no one dares hire against any line item.
So the resources remain allocated elsewhere.

Voting is overrated.  I wouldn't want to ride on an aircraft controlled by voting passengers.
Give me a benevolent whale any day.

:)

So you are only going to create a worker proposal if you are guaranteed to get funding... yet there is no way to guarantee funding.

Good job CNX... you designed a system that not even you guys can utilize.

I may be way off base here, but my current impression is that a lot of Stan's recent posts are thinly veiled pitches for Steem & should probably be relegated to the random discussion area.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
In the other thread Stan seems to have relegated the bond market to an optional feature that is "still possible", whereas in reality it is essential if BTS is going to be seen as a real competitor to Polo. People want to short everything, not just BitAssets.

This is what I don't get... CNX complains that bitshares is unwilling to pay workers yet they never even create a proposal to vote on.

The only worker out there are bug fixers, GUI improvement and documentation.  Important, but none of those are adding a new core feature.

A constant battle over who controls the funding light switch means no one dares hire against any line item.

Voting is overrated.  I wouldn't want to ride on an aircraft controlled by voting passengers.

So you are only going to create a worker proposal if you are guaranteed to get funding... yet there is no way to guarantee funding.

Good job CNX... you designed a system that not even you guys can utilize.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline oldmine

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline oldmine

• View Profile