Author Topic: Many "Create Proposal"  (Read 2928 times)

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
  • BitShares: neoreel-1
Thanks!
These builds are never in the link in the UI... So I never think of them, and so probably everyone else... Either update the official website, or notify the version on the official, but don't notify for the version on Github while pointing at the version on the website.... Seems redundant.

So I can see I got the latest proposal last week, so I'm assuming there is no drawbacks of exploiting that particular threat yet... Sucks...
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
Well, that is certainly scary.. For everyone... Must have worked a bunch of times on some poor souls...
Any info on how this works? It's possible that an unrelated account propose to have added permission onto another account? That sucks and it should be ONLY the other way around... Parent accounts must be able to allow child accounts in, but child accounts should not be able to ask parent accounts to control them...

Client is updated. Says Bitshares.190424 and that an update is available, but it always says that even though I have the latest, so that is annoying. Wondering why...

Having that said, the Create Proposals are still visible in my Activity, don't see a difference with the new client. I never caught a proposal when it was still active, so that must be why.

Beside that, what can we do about those scum accounts? Support BSIP #154? BSIP #2658?

Thanks again!

Latest release is : 3.1.190618.1

https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/releases

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
Well, that is certainly scary.. For everyone... Must have worked a bunch of times on some poor souls...
Any info on how this works? It's possible that an unrelated account propose to have added permission onto another account? That sucks and it should be ONLY the other way around... Parent accounts must be able to allow child accounts in, but child accounts should not be able to ask parent accounts to control them...

Client is updated. Says Bitshares.190424 and that an update is available, but it always says that even though I have the latest, so that is annoying. Wondering why...

Having that said, the Create Proposals are still visible in my Activity, don't see a difference with the new client. I never caught a proposal when it was still active, so that must be why.

Beside that, what can we do about those scum accounts? Support BSIP #154? BSIP #2658?

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 01:58:28 pm by NeoReel »
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline bench

Lol! Ok, thanks!
That is a nice way to waste a bunch of BTS. Good for them!

So what are they trying to achieve? Update my account data how?

He wants to steal your funds and you should update your client!
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
Lol! Ok, thanks!
That is a nice way to waste a bunch of BTS. Good for them!

So what are they trying to achieve? Update my account data how?
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline chigbolu

• View Profile
It's a scam phishing attempt do not respond to any of those proposals...

Sent from my Infinix X605 using Tapatalk

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
It's a scam attempt. Do not click approve. If using latest client or reference web wallet, warnings should be clear

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
Hello,

So I checked my Activity tracks, and I can see many Create Proposal... I'm sure I'm not the only one since they are coming from OpenLedger accounts such as: openledger-safety, openledger-settings, openledger-delegate, openledger-security and openledger.com-account... Probably fake accounts?

The proposals are something I've never really understood in BitShares... What are they? Why are they targeting my account? They say "Update account data for", so what is there to upgrade?

I haven't been active in the past 6 months, so I'm wondering if I missed something important or if this is just another obscure scam (like the shitcoins everybody was getting at some point...)

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you!
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com