Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] 2020 Core Development (Part 1/2)  (Read 13971 times)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
Thanks to GBAC and Linda for translation.

I've seen in DPOS forums that few Chinese members are against BSIP for market fee sharing and is complaining on how blockchain already collect fee from users, and in general against this worker. But I haven't seen them last 30 months doing nothing apart stiring fire, being unhappy and constantly "knowing" for better but never doing it themselves. Step up with solutions if you have better, nobody stops you and nobody ever did, but stop saying shit that has no sense or brain behind closed doors because ill be reading them. Always.

And to be clear for one fact about this project. BitShares exists 7 years, and NOT A SINGLE GATEWAY made it profitable for the blockchain in that period of time. It did made it for themselves. Fees collected from the blockchain would not be sufficient even if we would be having 100M USD volume a day with our fee structure over the past and to not mention that only reason WHY BITSHARES IS NOT PROFITABLE IS BECAUSE EVERYBODY CAN BUILD AND EARN FROM IT FOR FREE WHILE BLOCKCHAIN GETS NOTHING.

So, yes, it's time to stop doing everything and giving everything for free. Thanks for your support.

Chee®s

Must be clear,nothing in BTS is free,every transaction will pay the transaction fee.

If BTS can't feed himself with these transaction fees,why not to increase the transaction fee?

If we charge the fees from BSIP86, so give a reason to these GATEWAYs:

why they should build a business in BTS,not in other block chain?

why they should build a Gateway not a Bridge?

Valid range of that parameter is [0, 100%].

why is 100%,not should be [0, 1%]?

I think no one like this valid range of that parameter is [0, 100%], too dangerous for a business.

FEES/INCOME ISSUE:

1) Why Gateway not pay for software to fork ? Why Gateway not pay listing in wallet ? Why bitshares.org owner has to bare legal responsibility for free ? Why gateway not call itself BitShares so it marketing more people to the blockchain itself ?
2) You can't increase fees on transactions when you have no business or customers. Binance can, we cannot.
3) DEX is NOT BITSHARES. It's time to filter businesses who "wants to build" to the one who are legit and have liquidity (wanna do business) and ones who dont wanna do business and are illegal.
4) What sane business&development manager will let everyone fuck his project for free ?

CB perfect example what happens when you let someone run for free for so long without any legal due dilligence, and what consequences it leaves on us.

BSIP86 ISSUE:

We already had discussion and nobody will push 0,100 as even me was never ok with it who isnt gateway owner. You just failed to follow up on time or participate when consensus actually did, now you're just creating fire for nothing. 

25% is tax in some countries, VAT on operations and sales - so we are not asking anything here that is not reasonable. Maybe we dont like governments, but they still do make money and we are not. Guess we are doing it wrong, not them.

Now for a holder who missed discussion on github for MONTHS, failed to respond in all groups when it was actually discussed and not being willing to read or do proper due dilligence -

https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/pull/253

Check this out.

I have nothing against you, but you really need to start participate more quietly and spend more actual effort participating - now you're being classified as a spammer just because you THINK you know but you DONT want to read/hear.

Chee®s
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:38:39 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

I've seen in DPOS forums that few Chinese members are against BSIP for market fee sharing and is complaining on how blockchain already collect fee from users, and in general against this worker. But I haven't seen them last 30 months doing nothing apart stiring fire, being unhappy and constantly "knowing" for better but never doing it themselves. Step up with solutions if you have better, nobody stops you and nobody ever did, but stop saying shit that has no sense or brain behind closed doors because ill be reading them. Always.

And to be clear for one fact about this project. BitShares exists 7 years, and NOT A SINGLE GATEWAY made it profitable for the blockchain in that period of time. It did made it for themselves. Fees collected from the blockchain would not be sufficient even if we would be having 100M USD volume a day with our fee structure over the past and to not mention that only reason WHY BITSHARES IS NOT PROFITABLE IS BECAUSE EVERYBODY CAN BUILD AND EARN FROM IT FOR FREE WHILE BLOCKCHAIN GETS NOTHING.

So, yes, it's time to stop doing everything and giving everything for free. Thanks for your support.

Chee®s

Must be clear,nothing in BTS is free,every transaction will pay the transaction fee.

If BTS can't feed himself with these transaction fees,why not to increase the transaction fee?

If we charge the fees from BSIP86, so give a reason to these GATEWAYs:

why they should build a business in BTS,not in other block chain?

why they should build a Gateway not a Bridge?

Valid range of that parameter is [0, 100%].

why is 100%,not should be [0, 1%]?

I think no one like this valid range of that parameter is [0, 100%], too dangerous for a business.

What i want to say:We shouldn't have too much hope on BSIP86.

Must be clear: i have gave the solutions long time ago,and seems nobody like them,people just want to do what they think is “right”,so let we see what will happend.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:27:10 am by binggo »

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares

Chee®s
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 12:10:42 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline GBAC

• View Profile
After long and productive discussion with holders from the East, we agreed that some implementations and fixes cannot wait, but we also agreed that we cannot squeeze 2 mainnet releases in 6 months worker.

As a compromise and demand for urgent deployment before actual full core worker, I'm coming here on behalf of holders and core team to present you new 2020-core-prelude mini worker

2020-core-prelude 2 months (8.7 weeks) worker

Github - English version
PDF - English version (accessible from China)

Worker is sent to Linda Tian for translation and to the escrow to go on-chain, more updates to follow.

Chee®s

Chinese version is updated in dpos.club
https://dpos.club/t/topic/792

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Bsip64 has not been voted active.

Quoted from the English version of worker above:

"Important Notice to BTS Core Token Holders

By approving this worker you're not approving BSIP's available for voting on chain that are included in this worker. To avoid any delays with mainnet release upon delivery of this worker, please provide vote of support to listed BSIP's within 45 days from the worker start."

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
Bsip64 has not been voted active.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 11:46:34 am by Thul3 »

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
After long and productive discussion with holders from the East, we agreed that some implementations and fixes cannot wait, but we also agreed that we cannot squeeze 2 mainnet releases in 6 months worker.

As a compromise and demand for urgent deployment before actual full core worker, I'm coming here on behalf of holders and core team to present you new 2020-core-prelude mini worker

Github - English version

Worker is sent to Linda Tian for translation and to the escrow to go on-chain, more updates to follow.

Chee®s

Which holders from east?

Why BSIP87 is more important than BSIP77?  need some reason.

1) Everyone I was able to reach by WeChat and it's respective groups.
2) It's not that it's less important. It's more important to people with significant stake who are publicly agreeing to it and requesting it to be implemented. From the developers perspective, BSIP87 is far easier implementation that requires less time in testing over BSIP77.

Chee®s

1. En, i can't get any informations from this respective groups in any public outlet,seems they are mysterious.
2. I can't get any enough reason for BSIP87, maybe just they like it.

I think BSIP74 and BSIP77 is enough for this mini mainnet releases, maybe incloud BSIP 64, so we may make a deployment in 1 month.

Besids, BSIP74 still have some problems need to check.

Ok, they can do what they like, wish they can destroy the bitassets totally.

Best regards.

To be clear, I've personally originally have wanted full workers and list of BSIP's that satisfy all sides. Result is that there is a requirement for this to happens and here we are. Even though i respect your sentiment, i would still advise you to cheer up. Overlapping worker will be published in less than 2 months that will include both of mentioned BSIP's and will be proper worker as original intentions were.

Hence why worker name has `prelude` in it.

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

Github - English version

Chee®s

Which holders from east?

2) It's not that it's less important. It's more important to people with significant stake who are publicly agreeing to it and requesting it to be implemented. From the developers perspective, BSIP87 is far easier implementation that requires less time in testing over BSIP77.

Chee®s

1. En, i can't get any informations from this respective groups in any public outlet,seems they are mysterious.
2. I can't get any enough reason for BSIP87, maybe just they like it.

I think BSIP74 and BSIP77 is enough for this mini mainnet releases, maybe incloud BSIP 64, so we may make a deployment in 1 month.

Besids, BSIP74 still have some problems need to check.

Ok, they can do what they like, wish they can destroy the bitassets totally.

Best regards.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:54:58 am by binggo »

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares

Github - English version

Chee®s

Which holders from east?

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

Github - English version

Chee®s

Which holders from east?

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares

Github - English version

Chee®s

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 08:34:53 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
Yes it's coming. Sincere apologies that I was completely unable to communicate or dedicate myself to work lately, I've had some private/family issues to take care of.

Before actual new draft, in simple terms:

Mainnet 4.0 will be rescheduled
Mainnet 4.0 will have few additional BSIP's added
Mainnet 4.0 will execute "reserve pool negative balances" fix
Mainnet 5.0 will not be included in 2020 core part 1 worker
Testnet 5.0 will be final point of the new worker draft

Chee®s

I believe release 4.0 will be a milestone in BTS evolution.
hope the reorganized core team can start to work on this ASAP. Time does not wait for people.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 02:38:32 pm by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Yes it's coming. Sincere apologies that I was completely unable to communicate or dedicate myself to work lately, I've had some private/family issues to take care of.

Before actual new draft, in simple terms:

Mainnet 4.0 will be rescheduled
Mainnet 4.0 will have few additional BSIP's added
Mainnet 4.0 will execute "reserve pool negative balances" fix
Mainnet 5.0 will not be included in 2020 core part 1 worker
Testnet 5.0 will be final point of the new worker draft

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
Is there a worker coming ?

Am asking because if not i will open one myself to push it forward
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:29:20 am by Thul3 »

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
@everyone

Worker Roadmap is being edited and budget recalculated. Posting update later today. It will follow with escrow submission after re-discussion.

Chee®s
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 09:24:25 pm by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.